Enough excuses! Starting 11/21!!

MizRik

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, higs said:

I usually do most of my outdoor activities alone too.  I go skiing once a year when I visit my family in Idaho. I don't know anyone near me who xc skis!  One of my goals this year is to find some kindred spirits to do outdoor activities with.  I actually really enjoy hiking and kayaking alone sometimes, but doing it with friends is fun, too!

I'm jealous about you going out kayaking alone. I wish I could but unfortunately I can't lift either of the darn things down off my roof rack (and back up again after) by myself. Part of it is the height of my car (Honda CRV) requiring me to lift the kayaks straight up over my head to get it up there, but definitely I'm not strong enough to do it alone either. Maybe one of my goals for 2017 should be to do some upper body weight training so that I can get to a point by some time during the summer maybe where I'll be able to go out kayaking alone. At this point I am at the mercy of friends and can only go when one of my friends is free to join in. My husband doesn't enjoy going out on the kayaks, so it really limits things.

I wonder if you can google outdoors social clubs to find those kindred spirits? I've also heard of friends putting a social ad in Craigslist looking for exercise partners to go running or weight training with. Maybe you can do one for outdoor sports?

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CCLaymon said:

@SugarcubeOD I found this recipe in one of the other threads: http://ohsheglows.com/2014/06/24/coffee-shop-worthy-caramel-vanilla-bean-hazelnut-milk/ and I'm wondering about your thoughts. I believe that technically it would be on program, but also probably SWYPO. I'm checking in before I run directly to the grocery store to get the ingredients, LOL! What about it you cut down on the number of dates? Awaiting your reply!

Nope, sorry... it's specifically called out in the rules as a no go.  There is debate over on that other thread about this vs nutpods flavoured creamers as well... but this sweetened concoction is a no... and not even if you reduce the amount of dates :)

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 4:43 PM, NoMoreCrunchyCravings said:

It can be hard when you're not home and not able to prepare foods for yourself. Take care of yourself and, if you can, make small moves to eat higher nutritional value foods that are offered. Pick the protein out of the main course, eat double servings of the veggies, avoid the grains and dairy if you can, drizzle olive oil over your veggies to get fat in. It may not be possible to be completely compliant in your environment without having use of a kitchen, but I bet if you try to make the best of what they're offering you, you'll start to feel a little better both mentally and physically. Good luck!

That's pretty much what I tried to do. But my weaknesses caught up to me. 

I'll try to post the full story about camp tomorrow for those interested. :) 

Thanks for the support folks! 

Dance camp -  I do a lot of dance type called contra.  It's a combo of square dance and Jane Austen ball dancing. Think hoot and holler of square with the lines of Austen and speed up the music. It's partner dancing but you don't need one. You meet people when you get there. It's a community dance and some areas have them monthly some weekly. There's live music and a caller to walk you through the dances. Now, once you figure out how much fun it is, you can become addicted to that dance high so you start looking into dance weekends. Dance weekends have all sorts of workshops where you can learn different styles of dancing like waltz, swing, hambo and others.  How these weekends are set up, you might just pay for the workshops and you find your own lodging. Some of them lodging and food comes included with the package such as if the weekend is held at something like a 4H camp. 

Then sometimes there are dance weeks. This one I had never been to so I didn't quite know what to redirect and I was nervous going into it. I'm still not sure if I'd do it again given the food situation and some shenanigans that went on. I'm not saying it was horrible but I'd have to do things differently if I did it again and decide if it was worth it.  There were high and low points throughout the week. 

Archived