Starting Dec 1st - anyone?

lori_vt

I'm overdue for my next W30.  Way overdue.  I seem to have gone back to many bad habits, though for the most part I eat paleo.  But the holidays are coming and I'd like to have a few weeks under my belt before Xmas.  Thanksgiving is already planned, and I will try to minimize the damage, but I don't want to start off knowing how hard it will be (we're doing an alternative dinner, since all my kids and their significant others have several other T-giving dinners to go to, and they're all traditional).  We're having turkey enchiladas, and a bunch of Mexican-themed sides.  I got chosen for dessert - flan and chocolate chili cookies.  This will be my 5th W30.  Anyone else want to start 12/1?

Hi Lori,

I did the Whole30 about a year ago but gradually drifted away and need to redo it to get back to feeling healthy.  I am starting on Nov 29 (New Moon).  Close to when you are starting.    Looking forward to it, but know it will be challenging at first.  The last time I did it, I allowed myself  baked sweet potatoes (half of a one = one portion for me).   I am going to re-read the directions, as I'm not sure if they are part of the whole 30 or not.  Good luck with your W30.

Dia in Minneapolis

Hi Dia, I have always relied on starchy carbs during my W30s; sweet potatoes, beets, parsnips, etc. In fact, I think I remember reading somewhere that white potatoes were now acceptable, but I have a problem with nightshades so I won't have the white ones.  Good luck with your W30 - I'm sure I'll bump into you somewhere along the path in December!

Lori in Vermont :)

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Dia said:

Hi Lori,

I did the Whole30 about a year ago but gradually drifted away and need to redo it to get back to feeling healthy.  I am starting on Nov 29 (New Moon).  Close to when you are starting.    Looking forward to it, but know it will be challenging at first.  The last time I did it, I allowed myself  baked sweet potatoes (half of a one = one portion for me).   I am going to re-read the directions, as I'm not sure if they are part of the whole 30 or not.  Good luck with your W30.

Dia in Minneapolis

Potatoes and sweet potatoes are both allowed on Whole30. Most people feel best if they have at least one fist-sized serving of some kind of starchy vegetable (potatoes, sweet potatoes, other root vegetables like beets or turnips or carrots, winter squashes like acorn or butternut squash)  each day, and some people may need more -- it's fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived