11/28...Ready to Start!

guestdvp

There's a great thread going for those who started 11/21 (enough excuses).  I'm learning from their journey, but thought it would also be good to look for others starting around the same time I am so that we can walk through this together.  I'm a 40-something active female who loves to cook.  When I discovered the Whole30 this summer I dove right in and completed a toned down version - no sugar, alcohol or carbs.  I felt GREAT!  But have been slipping back into bad habits and feeling out of control.  So I'm ready to do a full fledged 30 with no cheats.  I didn't take advantage of the Forum on the first go around, but as I've been slipping lately I realize that support is going to be a very important part of this next round.  If you're interested in chatting and sharing, let's do this!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in! I am 28 years old, gained a ton of weight in the last few years from stress and a bad relationship and am ready to make some positive, lasting changes in my life. I am reading Food Freedom Forever right now and want this to be my life.

I am planning on starting tomorrow and I need support. I meal prepped today, made egg and veggie mini muffins, chili and chicken salad.

Looking forward to this thread!

I'd love to join you! I am an 18 year old female who is pretty tired of my diet dictating my emotions and negatively impacting the way I live. Love to cook and love to learn, but have a crazy busy schedule; hoping to invest in these 30 days wholeheartedly! Planning on starting to run during these 30 days as well. Any tips/suggestions/constructive criticism/encouragement is always welcome. 

Looking forward to going through this beside y'all!

I'm starting the whole 30 on 11/28 as well. I first attempted back in late September and had a death in my family after 2 successful weeks. The stress was difficult to manage after a while so I stopped my reset. I'm now ready to fully embrace the plan. I'm currently reading Food Freedom Forever and decided to join a forum for additional support. I'm 37, semi active but I want to gain more energy to work out more. Good luck to you both embarking on this reset! 

I am starting tomorrow too.  This will be my first try at Whole 30. I am looking for to NSV I think more so than the scale. I have a lot of inflammation, low energy, and not sleeping well. I am hoping by changing my eating these things will improve. Exercise is. It a problem for me.  I made that change many years ago and have stuck with it, which is very surprising...:). 

Loking forward to this new journey to lifestyle with my eating. 

welcome all - so glad to hear from you!  i'm heading to the grocery today to do my prep.  and i got fed up enough last night that i decided to start my commitment this am.  had my coffee black...and didn't even mind that!  scrambled eggs with peppers, tomatoes and avocado were tasty.  looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.  and i agree - the NSV are even more important than the scale (even though the scale was NOT my friend this am...good thing we are parting ways for 30 days!).   like several of you, i'm also reading food freedom - about half way through.  one that that really helped me my last go around was signing up for the daily emails - lots of good tips and advice along the journey - it costs a few bucks, but well worth it in my opinion.  

I'm so glad I joined this forum. I definitely think it will help. My biggest NSV will be to have more energy. When I completed those 2 weeks on the whole 30 I felt great. Plus my vision improved. I have to wear glasses from 4 years ago. My contacts I purchased in August don't work well for me anymore. They are treated for a stigmatisn and I'm not having those issues anymore. So I know this time around with completing all 30 days, I'm going to feel great. 

I found you!  So glad!  I started today!  I saw my sister-in-law over the Thanksgiving and she looked amazing.   She told me about the program and even though I do not own the book I have it on it's way!  I have been googling and researching all weekend.   I am 51 and am pretty active but am a sugar addict and need to lose.  Excited to start today!  

Glad to be in a group. I'm also starting tomorrow. It will be my third w30. My first two were in May 2016 and July 2016. I prepped by batch cooking for the next 2+ days today and now have breakfasts, lunches and dinner to hold me through along with some program-friendly mini-meals to get me through the first days as, from past experience, I can sometimes feel tired as my eating choices change and need a bit of protein and carb to pep me up for late afternoon or early evening before I get home. As my next day off is Wednesday, I'm looking forward to doing more batch cooking then. Excited to start in the morning-- and to feel so much better!

I am a general manager at a restaurant and have changed my exercise and eating habits because of a move a year ago.  I am super excited for the Whole 30.  I recently spoke with a friend of mine and he sold me on the increased level of energy.  I need to lose weight, but the energy and focus is my driving force for doing this.  I am trying to get involved in this forum for increased awareness and accountability.  Good luck to us all!  November 28 will be a good day!

Hi Everyone-

I'm starting my second Whole30 tomorrow. I did it in August and had great success. Then I started a new job (on nightshift) and started going to school again in addition to working full-time and I just fell OFF the wagon. In fact, I don't even know where it went.... Probably back with my self-restraint somewhere in October. 

Anyway, I really enjoyed it last time and I'm looking forward to doing it again! 

Here's to a great 30 days together. 

HI! I started yesterday 11/27...first time doing whole30 and not doing it for weight loss. I'm 25 years old I was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and am hoping I will find the foods that are triggering my autoimmune response (extreme fatigue, joint pain, TPO antibody level of 384).  Waking up day 2 (though kind of day 3 because I pretty much did a Day 0), I felt very blah....nauseous etc. I am hypoglycemic, so I normally know exactly what it feels like to have low blood sugar and needing food, but I felt different from that this morning. Anyone else feeling this way? Excited to see how my body restores itself and the benefits in 30+days!

this is so fun...just checked the forum and saw all of your responses.  so glad we have a group to do this together with!!  looking forward to sharing the journey.  and PLEASE share anything you all discover that's helpful - recipes, websites, useful distractions for cravings - whatever you are learning will help us all benefit.  i batch cooked yesterday - chicken, salmon, sweet potatoes, made some mayo.  and if anyone hasn't tried the homemade mayo from the Whole30 cookbook, i highly recommend it!  i was DEFINITELY not a fan of mayo before this, but this is a great healthy alternative that is a really versatile base for other sauces.  hang in there today everyone! 

i just looked back at my notes from day four and here's the advice i was given.  i got a lot out of subscribing to their daily emails - so i recommend that resource for support too:

relax, drink lots of water, take it easy at the gym, and keep making good food choices

know that this is NORMAL and will pass:   http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

everything we suspect you’re experiencing right now is normal, expected, and a healthy part of your transition.

-the five stages of food grief: 1) notice yourself pulling away socially.  this is normal.  2) anger  3) beware of slipping down the bargaining phase.  keep reading labels, knowing what's in your food, and staying on track.  4) it's normal to be sad.  it can be sad, depressing, lonely.  but this, too, will pass and normalcy returns.
- Once you’re done feeling sorry for yourself, you begin the phase of actually adjusting to your new lifestyle.  You learn how to become more efficient with tools like the crockpot and meal plans. And, you begin to make the connection between your ability to control what you eat and your ability to control how you feel.  This is where you feel fully comfortable in your new skin.

learn something new like reading the forum, pintrist recipes, the blog - to ward off boredom/cravings

take a cat nap

hang in there!!

Started today.  I think it will be an excellent time to stay away from the junk.  I haven't done much prep - have stuff for a green smoothie in the a.m. and will work backwards from there.  I am the cook of the house of five so I am going to check out the meal plans as well.  

Cheers!

Aimee

• Moderators
11 hours ago, guestpvd said:

p.s. does anyone know if there's a way to set your preferences so that the most recent reply to this chain comes up first rather than clicking on the conversation and then having to scroll all the way to the bottom to see what's new?

Click on the star beside the thread instead of the thread title itself... that should auto scroll to the last unread post. There is no way I know of for it to auto scroll all the way to the bottom but reading from the last unread post gets you the conversation in chronological order.

Archived