Going Whole30 in January!!

The Natural

Nice to meet you, friends! I'm hoping to get to a Whole 90, but I'd be just as happy with a Whole 60 accomplishment just as much. After the first 90 days (thinking positively, here),  I'd like to slowly add some items back in to our (my two daughter's & I) diets to live and eat atleast a 90% Whole eating as much as possible.

Has anyone decided to start a blog to document their journey? I know I HAVE to write my food choices down and take notes. This is so that I can see what gave me some good energy and what didn't cause me to feel as satiated, and remember the recipes I made. I also felt if I made it public what I ate and if I exercised, I would be more accountable.

If anyone else is starting an online food blog or journal, would it be ok if I followed you? I started my food blog on Weebly last night but I am not sure I like their blog site very much, so I might not have mine up for another day or two.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Has anyone decided to start a blog to document their journey? I know I HAVE to write my food choices down and take notes. This is so that I can see what gave me some good energy and what didn't cause me to feel as satiated, and remember the recipes I made. I also felt if I made it public what I ate and if I exercised, I would be more accountable.

If anyone else is starting an online food blog or journal, would it be ok if I followed you? I started my food blog on Weebly last night but I am not sure I like their blog site very much, so I might not have mine up for another day or two.

I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for, but there is the Whole30 Log section of the forum here where you can start a log, and just keep replying to it each day. You can post pictures if you want too. That particular section of the forum is only viewable to people who are logged into the forum, so if you want something truly public that anyone can follow, it's not the best option, but many people find it public enough to keep them accountable.

Perfect! Thank you, ShannonM816! I don't want to become obsessive sounding but I want to track what seems to work for me and my girls.

Just a back story for a second here, but my youngest has Autism and 2 years ago as an experiment, I changed our SAD to all organic diet with vitamin supplements, homemade breads, and only 1 cup of probiotic yogurt a day. She went from barely verbal Echolalia, to a child making complete thoughts and sentences in less then a week! So I must document the foods she and I eat so that I can track what does and doesn't work well for her. The idea that this is far more nutrient dense, the possibility that it would help her create more sentences, and help her function better with Autism, excites me! :) 

• Administrators
16 hours ago, The Natural said:

Perfect! Thank you, ShannonM816! I don't want to become obsessive sounding but I want to track what seems to work for me and my girls.

Just a back story for a second here, but my youngest has Autism and 2 years ago as an experiment, I changed our SAD to all organic diet with vitamin supplements, homemade breads, and only 1 cup of probiotic yogurt a day. She went from barely verbal Echolalia, to a child making complete thoughts and sentences in less then a week! So I must document the foods she and I eat so that I can track what does and doesn't work well for her. The idea that this is far more nutrient dense, the possibility that it would help her create more sentences, and help her function better with Autism, excites me! :) 

That IS exciting, keep us posted on how she does! 

me too, and hopefully the wife, will start in January.  I already had a go back in April, so already have a log on this forum, which I will reactivate.  Obviously I've been eating a lot closer to W30 since then, so I guess I won't see the same NSVs in January, and I don't need to lose any more weigth, but I would like to tone my belly a bit, but that's probably just down to actually doing some kind of exercise, as at the moment I do pretty much zilch.  maybe yoga for core strength, or get back into badminton, and cycling to work again, but the last two of these won't help specifically with the belly.  but yeah - January here we come!

Archived