How bad is snacking?

Fri

I know snacking is generally not recommended, but I'm finding it challenging to avoid, especially because of my work structure -- I work from home, so I don't have any kind of commute between when I eat breakfast and lunch and when I sit down to work, and I never like to be too full when I sit down at my desk, as that can tend to lead to cramps/discomfort. As a result, I try to keep breakfast and lunch lighter, which usually results in me having to have at least one snack a day -- one between breakfast and lunch, and sometimes one between lunch and dinner. Will that still undermine the results even if my snacks are Whole30 compliant?

• Moderators

You really want to give your body those 4-5 hours between meals to process the food and then rest.

You don't need to be eating until you're uncomfortably stuffed to the point of bloating and discomfort.  Follow the meal template and work on getting those meals adjusted.

That said, the template is a mere recommendation as is trying not to snack, so if you choose to snack, you're still doing a Whole30.  The recommendations will help to get you the best possible results and not snacking can help your body become fat adapted so it's really worth a try :)

I agree with Sugarcube and she should know, she's a moderator. I have been a snacker my whole life but since I did the Whole30, I no longer need to. I think you may not be eating enough for breakfast and lunch. I have 3 eggs with zucchini or spinach and mushrooms scrambled together every day. I do not feel too full and can go until lunch. I do sometimes have a piece of fruit in between. For lunch, I usually have leftovers from dinner the night before like roast chicken, sweet potato, and a big helping of roasted vegetables. It couldn't be easier or more delicious. Good luck!

Archived