Wholiday Whole30! Starting Dec 1!

zinger86

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also starting Dec 1st. This will be my second Whole30 but the first wasn't perfect and I quickly fell back into old, unhealthy habits. ( I am slightly modifying it to include legumes though as I feel they are very healthy and don't negatively affect me. ) 

Hipefully someone else will join us :)

My husband and I are also starting December 1. It will be changeling for us. This weekend we are supposed to go to a comedy club with friends that has a two drink minimum and it will be difficult to find a drink with no added sugar and no alcohol. But we also don't want to miss out on activities with friends.

I'm also starting my second whole30 on the first! Looking forward to a healthy next 30 days. I have been very stressed at work lately and eating too many sugary foods as a result, which is why I'm doing the reset. I'm planning a on no fruit reset to really kill my sugar dragon and trying to reduce the number of nuts I eat. I tend to use them as a fat source rather than healthier versions.

Hey guys! I'm starting tomorrow as well. I did whole30 earlier in the year, and felt FANTASTIC! Due to a new job and moving, I let my eating habits slip away... Im determined to get back on track and put the sugar dragon back to sleep. 

Excited to start - let's DO THIS!

Hi All!

I did my first whole30 back on April 4th, 2016, and it was awesome! Though I did not stop at 30 days, I actually kept going through mid-July.  Sometime in July, I moved to paleo for awhile at the suggestion of friends, and I still feel great.  I have lost 49 lbs to date, and feel so much better! I have decided to move back into the whole30 side again starting today. Though the paleo works too, I actually feel better doing straight whole30.   The energy I feel is just so much more. What is funny, is that I didn't really notice it till my friends told me there was bounce and energy in my steps (in my 30-45 days).   Anyway, I am coming back to the forum, as I have found that the support, and the feedback from others doing the same thing is very helpful and beneficial to me.  Sometimes, even if you have people who love and support you, they don't truly understand how you feel and what it takes.  It is definitely much more habit for me now, which is great.

About 4 weeks ago I got a very bad cold. It later turned to bronchitis, and then and now to pneumonia.  I found this week, that unless I prep and cook everything, though my family is supportive, they just say don't worry about it. Nor do they want to help with the cooking.  The answer I get is, I don't know how to cook that way.  How silly is that! I didn't know how before I started this.  Pinterest has been a amazing!  Luckily for me, whenever I cook I make enough to have leftovers and I package it in single servings for freezing so all I have to do is defrost and add a salad or further vegetables while I have been under the weather.    

Looking forward to furthering this journey with all of you!

Thanks for listening

Hi! I am starting today too. I know I am going to need the support.  I am looking forward to seeing everyones journey and success.  Anyone who has done it before and has tips.. bring them on! This is something I can't wait to complete.  

I completely agree. I'm in college so going out is part of the culture. And I decided to stay in tonight make a delish dinner, and catch up on laundry.  I know that being around alcohol will be asking me to throw in the towel. It's day 2 and I feel great.  I just hope my motivation stays this way when more temptation comes. 

I love the "Wholiday Whole 30" too! I wouldnt be opposed to it being in our thread title:D

Weekends are typically VERY tough for me - I am usually more relaxed with my diet and will let myself have more snacks/desserts. Managed to stay compliant with 3 meals and no snacks today though!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

11 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Haha!  Love this!  Can I add it to your thread title? It's so cute!

Yes! Sounds good! This is my first time in the 'forum' so I am still figuring it out but I am not new to eating Whole! Weekends are usually full of unhealthy celebratory choices for me but I did a lot of kitchen and food prep Saturday and I am feeling this Whole30! No turning back now!

I thought I would check in with the group at least every 24 hours for accountability. ;) I survived my office Christmas party today!  A "non-scale victory" for this time of year! :)  I made a conscious decision to remember my commitment before going and that really helped.  How are all of you doing?

@Loo Loo Congrats on making it through the Christmas party! My work had a cookie potluck party today - SO many cookies! I was able to resist as well, go us :)

I've discovered that I probably need to make my meals bigger. I ate a LOT of fruit after lunch because I was still hungry. I was about ready to throw my hands in the air and quit because I didn't have a "perfect" whole30 day. Very glad I stuck with it, ate a large compliant dinner, learned something about myself and moved on.

6 days down, hope everyone else is doing great!

Today I thought I was going to break when I was at my friends birthday dinner.  I only ordered a water and then came home and made a great whole30 compliant dinner.  I was glad I was able to go to the dinner and have fun with my friends.  They are loving not calling an uber and having me as a sober ride.  It is hard doing this at school with temptation all around me.  Literally... one of my roommates is eating chips and drinking a glass of wine while I right this.  I don't mind because I feel great, I'm sleeping better, and I am looking forward to what I am going to feel like at the end of the 30 days! 6 down! 

Guys! 

I'm sticking to the plan but for some reason I'm not losing any weight. I only eat 1 fruit per day and stay at or under 1200 calories (not related fruit wise). Most of it is salad, egg and meat (pork chops, chicken etc). I know I shouldnt weigh myself but I felt like I was getting fatter.  I'm already overweight and I'm eating much less now than before and much better. Any advice? 

1 hour ago, Wintersun said:

stay at or under 1200 calories

Hi Wintersun & welcome to the forums :)

Ok, a couple of things....

One - we'd prefer you didn't count calories or track macros as we want you to learn to start listening to your body's hunger signals, rather than going by a 'one size fits all' calculation that does not consider hormonal imbalances, medical conditions or a whole host of other things that can impact how much food/fuel your body needs..

Two - you're not eating nearly enough, honestly - 1200kcal is not even enough to sustain your body just to 'be', never mind fuel any activity throughout the day. Under eating in this way will cause your metabolism to slow down so as not to use up so much fuel as a survival tactic. It's counter-productive. 

Three - this is a 30 day program - assuming you started on Dec 1st along with the others in this thread you're only day 7 (in my time zone anyways!) !!

Four - (and you're probably not gonna like this but...) This is not a weight loss program and even if it was expecting to lose any noticeable (and sustainable) weight other than fluid in 7 days is unrealistic. This is a gut re-set - an opportunity to chose healthier foods, allowing your gut to heal, and then providing you with an opportunity to 'test' which foods made you feel the way you did before you started so that you can avoid those foods going forward. Weightloss is sometimes a bonus side effect of the change in diet, but it doesn't always happen, and should never be the primary goal. Focus on the NSVs you see as you go along - better sleep, clearer skin, stronger nails, shinier/faster growing hair, steady energy, pain relief in joints etc..... And when your body has found itself in a happy place and you have weight to lose, you may just find that you shed a pound or two.

If you'd like to give us more detail on what you've been eating over the past few days, giving specifics on portion size, veg type, liquid intake, activity levels, pre-existing medical conditions, stress levels, sleep quality etc we can help suggest some tweaks which will help you out in the long term.

Hope this helps :)

Archived