NSV of my Whole31 - Win!

saraip

I didn't feel the magic "during" my Whole 30, I was hoping that I would feel Tiger Blood but I did not, maybe for one morning but that was it.  The rest of the time, my energy level was just average.

However, there are several positive results from this;

1) My clothes are fitting better and I feel more confident about my body.  Please see my before and after picture!

2) I realized that I don't really miss pasta AT ALL!  So strange!  I thought that was one of my favourite things in the world...but clearly not.  Chocolate as well - what...happened?!  Right? 

3) My cravings decreased dramatically and I realized that the reason I want sugar after dinner is because I'm tired/sleepy - if I go to bed, I don't need that sugary dessert or drink!

4) Also, the reason I snack at work is because I'm bored - now when I'm bored, I go on these forums and leave messages!  Slay that dragon!

5) I never used to cook, everything I ate for the first couple weeks were steamed or boiled, unless my man cooked...but now...I wake up early, make my own breakfast, create my own lunch, and becoming so creative in the kitchen!

6) I'm a lot more aware of the food I eat, try and avoid all the products with chemicals, coloring, and other stabilizers etc...

7) I'm not as emotional and PMS is so much better, one can imagine that my partner is quite happy as well!

I'm pretty sure there are more NSV to come...but this is what I have so far.

Today is the 7th day post Whole30 - I'm still eating Whole30 meals as much as possible.  Except when I go out, I'd order a salad, side of seafood, a steak, etc...but will still have their dressings and what not.  I'm not being extremely picky about the sugar, soy, butter, or crumbs that fall on my plate.

My energy levels has been amazing this week!  I've been killing my workouts, feeling positive, happy, and most importantly, in control.  I haven't felt like this in a long time.  Thank you Melissa and Dallas Hartwig, you have changed my life. 

It's been such a wonderful journey and I'll definitely be on it again after Christmas!  I've also created a blog (my first blog ever!) to keep track of my Whole30 life - this is a lifestyle that I want to keep forever.

https://whole30sara.blogspot.hk/

IMG_20161125_110544.jpg

You look awesome and it's great that you don't miss some foods you thought you would! For me, it comes and goes. I don't miss the foods most of the time, but then sometimes I'll smell some right in front of me and I literally feel faint haha. But I do think over time commitment wins out! Congratulations!

@laurielouise

Thank you!  :D I think about pies every now and then, I've always loved pies, and I might indulge at some point but until I "really" want it, I'm going to try and stay away from it.

What are your meals like now? 

I often indulge then go back to Whole30 for a few days...just for balance and to keep myself in control!

11 hours ago, saraip said:

@laurielouise

Thank you!  :D I think about pies every now and then, I've always loved pies, and I might indulge at some point but until I "really" want it, I'm going to try and stay away from it.

What are your meals like now? 

I often indulge then go back to Whole30 for a few days...just for balance and to keep myself in control!

@saraip I still eat a lot of eggs haha. At least 1/3 of my meals are eggs with kale or shredded sweet potatoes and compliant bacon or homemade sausage. My other meals are either big salads, Thai curry with zoodles and cauliflower rice, or a random W30-compliant recipe I found online (often soup or some sort of bun-less burger). I was over-relying on larabars for awhile (typical rookie mistake haha) but now I just eat whole fruit when I'm craving sugar. I'd like to get to a point where I don't even need the fruit as often (I eat some form of fruit pretty much daily). What about you?

This time of year is hard because there are so many parties with delicious-smelling desserts like my aunt's famous chocolate chip cookies or my mom's famous blueberry bread, not to mention social events with lots of alcohol. I've stayed strong but sometimes I come home and dive headfirst into a bowl of watermelon or apple slices because my sugar dragon is raging. I'm not sure how I'll ever find true balance with foods like baked goods and pizza because one bite sends me into weeks of raging cravings. :(

That sounds perfect to return to Whole30 for a reset when things are sliding too far in the other direction!

@laurielouise

I've actually tamed my sugar dragon quite well!  I now crave a lot more salt ...since I finished my Whole30 2 weeks ago, I've eaten 2 bags of chip (255g bags!) :ph34r:

I often have 2 eggs in the morning with veg, lunch is always leftover chicken, lamb, beef, or pork, with more veg, dinner is pretty much the same as lunch...haha...we do a lot of a couple of roasts each week which makes it easy for us in terms of packing lunch and having dinner ready after work.  However, I'm still trying to figure out how much I need to eat...I woke up really hungry last night and slept really poorly!

When I do have the odd sugar craving, I dive into my frozen banana stash, top it off with some coconut shred and a spoon of cacao.  It's a good balance of magnesium, fat, carbs, potassium, and sugar.

When did you finish your Whole30?

@NoMoreCrunchyCravings

Awww!!!  Thank you!

Reading your message gave me a bit of a lift!  I've been having a tired week, rather down and blue as well.  I stayed compliant for 5 days but for some reason I still ended up with an upset stomach, I'm so bloated right now. :(

Trying to figure out how to get rid of this...hehe...any suggestions?

13 hours ago, saraip said:

@NoMoreCrunchyCravings

Awww!!!  Thank you!

Reading your message gave me a bit of a lift!  I've been having a tired week, rather down and blue as well.  I stayed compliant for 5 days but for some reason I still ended up with an upset stomach, I'm so bloated right now. :(

Trying to figure out how to get rid of this...hehe...any suggestions?

Chamomile tea perhaps? Normally I'd suggest toast and tea, but if you're w30, toast is out. Perhaps just a plain baked potato and the tea then? Are you constipated? Maybe you're bloated because you need to go to the toilet? Whenever my friends or family members have a belly ache or bloat, I always suggest having some tea and sitting on the toilet. Always seems to help me! :P

@NoMoreCrunchyCravings Hehe...I sipped on warm lemon, ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon tea all day at the office yesterday.  Much better this morning! 

As for BM, I go daily, sometimes twice or even three times. 

The bloat can be from the increased amount of brussels sprouts and the load of mushrooms I ate on Monday morning.  They are both FODMAP...so I'm going to observe my diet even closer from now on.

I was bad last night, I ate so much cake...OMG!  :ph34r:

I'm going to do a Whole7 starting on Saturday!

Archived