Cranberry Sauce Substitute for Turkey?

guestdvp

I know I'm a little late with this question...but I traveled for Thanksgiving and am now coming home to a turkey in my freezer that I want to make this weekend.  Normally I'd never eat turkey without cranberry sauce...which has sugar so it's out for the w30.  Any other alternate recipes anyone liked from the holiday that i can use in place of sugary cranberry sauce?  Thanks!

Why not make some from scratch ??  - Boil up some cranberries into a sauce .... Add some raisins/dates for a little extra sweetness to combat the tart cranberry.

I even added orange zest to mine and used a bit of juice with the water when boiling.  

Strain out the water & Whip up with a hand mixer.  You can leave the texture as is or run thru an additional straining if you prefer less seedy. 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/66981815680/paleo-cran-cherry-sauce

Obviously skip the honey for W30.  I make my own version of this which I really like - I use 1 bag of cranberries, 1 bag of frozen strawberries (depending on the store these vary in size from 10oz to 16oz), 1/2 c OJ, ginger recipe calls for.  I switched to strawberries because they are much cheaper than frozen cherries and liked it better.  Super easy recipe too - just throw it all in a pot!  I make this year round :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived