Whole family starting Jan 1st

Arwenivere

Hi all, we are all going to start our 1st Whole 30 on January 1st. I know it's kind of far out, but I didn't think it would be fair for my children if we were doing this right through the Christmas season. My husband was diagnosed with fybromyalgia and chronic depression a few months ago, and is finally ready to try something radical to feel better. We have 3 daughters. The oldest, age 5, has been going through some behavior issues, and had a rash that wouldn't heal until she was gluten and dairy free for 3 months this summer. The 4 year old is suddenly breaking out in hives every week. I have asthma and allergies that are mostly under control at the moment, but my nose is continually blocked, so I don't have a good sense of smell anymore. And the 2 and a half year old is just along for the ride.

I'm sure we will need lot's of support to help hubs through as he is stay-at-home-daddy right now, and doesn't have much energy for food prep. And I think I may have one of the hardest jobs possible for going through this: I work at a bakery and cafe.

We are so ready to feel better and have our lives back!

I'm also a baker and cake decorator so I feel your pain. I chose to do my 1st whole 30 during my slow season (October). But I'm big on quality control so it's tough! Just get others whose opinions you trust to taste test and keep plenty of healthy options available at all times. I started keeping a small lunch tote with me everywhere I went with healthy options for those moments of temptation. You can do it!

Archived