Needing some easy meal ideas

Maggieb123

Hello all! 

I have completed 2 whole 30s with my husband and had great success losing all my baby weight, and a host of NSV to boot-- We are taking a break over the holidays for obvious reasons, but I like to keep all compliant foods in the house and just have the occasional non compliant once a year holiday food here and there. We plan to start another round in the new year.

Anyways-- with the holidays and being busy I have really been slacking on my meal prep, and thus even thought I have a host of compliant ingredients lying around I can't seem to bring myself to make a meal. I love to cook normally, but I think I am in a rut. 

Any suggestions for stupid easy meals that are easy clean up, little prep, & awesome???

I'm getting sick of salads with a can of tuna. 

Brown ground meat, stir in compliant pizza sauce. Serve over caulirice or on sweet potato toast. Voila. Pizza Joes!

i also make a large batch of taco meat. 

Beef stew: throw compliant broth, stew meat, carrots onion celery potato salt pepper garlic whatever in a slow cooker. And it's great left over!

Easy to me often means canned, frozen stuff for convenience.as always, check your ingredients.

Pack of frozen veggies (peppers, "spring vegetables mixes", whatever sounds good) heat in microwave or on stove. Add some coconut milk and maybe broth/water, salt, pepper, and a can of chicken or salmon. Heat through. Fast, easy soup.

In a crock pot: over boneless chicken thighs, add some tomato or chipotle paste, and/or spices like cumin, chili powder, cayenne. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Shred chicken, Add frozen vegetables and some broth, heat through.

Chop and saute an onion. Add Italian spices like basil, thyme, marjoram. Add canned chicken, a can of diced tomatoes, some jarred bell peppers and/or artichoke hearts, and some olives. simmer until heated through.

Honestly, sometimes I have steamed frozen veggie packs (green beans, broccoli florets, or the carrot/cauliflower/broccoli mix), a half an avocado and/or a little blob of mayo, and three or four fried eggs... like twice a day when I haven't prepared anything else and don't much feel like cooking. Simple? Yes. Boring? Maybe. Easy? Yes. Delicious? Definitely. Compliant to w30? Damn straight.

I love to cook ground beef, beef strips, and grilled chicken and have those in my freezer for quick meals. I also like to keep hard boiled eggs in my fridge. 

I also like to keep a bag of cauliflower rice, and some grilled zucchini in my freezer. Those 2 things can both be sauteed together and done in 5 minutes. Add some leftover chicken or beef for a great meal. 

Mixed veggies + compliant canned broth + one of the above meats for a quick and easy soup. 

Crockpot meals are always nice. A roast with veggies in the crockpot in the morning and you have a ready-to-go meal in the evening. It takes about 5 minutes to put everything in the crockpot in the morning. 

If you can spare some extra time some nights, batch cooking is a life saver! I love to make up a big batch of stir fry, soup, grilled chicken and veggies, etc. Basically I like to cook extra helpings of things (usually doesn't take extra time or effort) so that I can eat on it throughout the week. 

Archived