Nitro Cold Brew Coffee

eleison.k3

• 1 year later...

So, I am curious if you add fruit juice concentrate to nitro cold brew coffee?

These are the ingredients and it lists no additives on the can:

• Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Coffee, Organic Blood Orange Juice from Concentrate, Organic Orange Extract

And just a question on fruit - as someone who doesnt eat meat and dont want to rely on eggs for every meal - can i eat fruit for breakfast?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, LeeAlex said:

So, I am curious if you add fruit juice concentrate to nitro cold brew coffee?

These are the ingredients and it lists no additives on the can:

• Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Coffee, Organic Blood Orange Juice from Concentrate, Organic Orange Extract

And just a question on fruit - as someone who doesnt eat meat and dont want to rely on eggs for every meal - can i eat fruit for breakfast?

This coffee tows the line of acceptability because we don't allow anything that is sweetened like this... often companies use monk fruit or other fruits to sweeten and that's against the rules so I'd leave this coffee for now.

Second, you can eat fruit WITH breakfast but AS breakfast is not recommended.  Protein, veggies, fat.  Always at every meal.

• Administrators

If you took a can of orange juice concentrate out of the freezer and put a tsp into a glass of club soda, that would be fine. Of course if you put a quarter CUP of it into that same glass, that would be a problem.

My suggestion would be for you to taste it and if it comes off as very sweet, put it aside. If it's just the essence of citrus, go nuts.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
54 minutes ago, Casco said:

So, is nitro cold brew compliant? I'm not sure I see the answer to that question here and I am also wondering.

Assuming the ingredients are still just coffee, water, and nitrogen, it's fine. If there are other ingredients, it will depend on those ingredients. 

Archived