Bleh - back to day 0

MeganMorton56

Well, I was doing very well for 15 days then crashed. I'm going to start over. I'm in fear that this is going to become a constant "relapse" pattern with me (even though this was my 1st Whole30 ever). I am really trying to just let it go though. I mean, it's not like that dumb carrot cake fell into my mouth. Honestly, it wasn't even that good anyway. I made the choice. So, now I am making the choice to get back on track. But I do feel ridiculous and embarrassed! Anyone else feel this way after starting over?

How many people do you know that would make it 15 days in? I would say you accomplished and learned a lot in that time!

You definitely learned that the idea of carrot cake (or whatever treat is calling your name) is probably going to fall short. This will help you to be able to say no the next time such a challenge is presented.

If it was my carrot cake, however, I would tell you that as good and amazing as it is, you are worth more than a taste of my cake.

What were the circumstances of the carrot cake incident? Were you tired? Stressed? Gleeful? Feeling social pressure? I agree with the others--great job on the 15 days. Use this situation to learn about yourself. It's awesome to hear you planning on getting back on track--great thinking!

It was Boss's Day and someone brought the infamous carrot cake to celebrate. I didn't feel pressure from others, I've been a pretty healthy eater even before the Whole30 so most people didn't notice I've changed what I eat even more, but I was definitely not in a good place spiritually and emotionally due to stuff going on at home. I'm a newly-wed, and a new step-mom to a 4 year old so there's been a lot of adjustment these last few months. I definitely wanted a quick fix for my feelings and fell back into the ole "eat to feel better" delusion. This was on Tuesday, and on Wednesday morning the sink in our kitchen clogged up, so my mind told me "Megan, you can't cook right now cause of the sink, do the dishes, etc so you might as well eat whatever you like." What a crazy mind I have!

But today is a new day, I got my day 0 email this morning. So, definitely learned a few things these past three days (I'm including today in my off plan education):

1. Eating sweets does NOT make me feel better about myself - actually the complete opposite.

2. No one thinks less of me because I'm not perfect - except in my own mind, which is the mind that needs to be retrained through the Whole30.

3. There are like minded people all around me, especially on this forum. I need to be more accountable with daily posting.

4. My rheumatoid arthritis symptoms are gone. It only took 15 days! This program really does work and provides miracles.

5. I cannot do this alone. I have to have support from other people who share my experience and can offer their own strength and hope.

So, my dear husband is getting someone out to the house to fix the sink, hopefully today, and I'm going to be re-writing my goals this evening and looking forward to getting back on plan.

Archived