Im so frustrated with myself I want to cry. In need of kind words!

MelanieR

Im on Day #16 and have been doing awesome on my plan. I already ate no grains, legumes and some dairy before the whole30 but sugar is my achilles. I have been so careful Reading my labels, limiting myself to less then two fruits a day but today I screwed up, unintentionally and absent mindedly.. After making my pulled pork for my family ( I had chicken as I don't normally eat pork) I had about 5 bites of the pork when I realised I had already added the sugar filled bbq sauce to the pork! I feel so dejected right now!!!!

Don't worry, you've been doing great and you can keep counting! Just make it a whole 45. You're learning as you go, and in spite of the sugar in the sauce, you are still making good progress and changing your body for the better. You can do it!

Thanks. Im just an all or nothing kind of person and I can get quite obsessive so I feel like Ive failed the plan and myself :( Its already done and I need to move on so tomorrow will be Day #17, without an idiotic mistake!

So much of this Whole 30 is about letting go of obsessions. No need to beat yourself up or make more of this than it is. Sugar mistakes are SO much better than gluten or dairy mistakes that we all could make.

Youre right! Letting go of obsessions is so true. So far, Ive been liberated from the counting calories obsession, the step on the scale obsession and even the ' I need to burn this many calories at the gym' obsession. The thing is, I dont need to lose weight, Im very fit and at my ideal weight, but thats why obsessions are obsessions! Thank you for reminding me of one of the reasons I started this plan, to break free of my obsessive behavior.

I agree - I accidentally had a little sugar during my first Whole30 (I picked up the wrong cup at a party and took a big swig of someone's lemonade thinking it was my cup of water.) Moderators told me I didn't need to "reset". Why beat yourself up? This will be a great opportunity to pay attention to how you feel today and the next few days - maybe you'll notice a few more cravings or maybe you won't notice any difference whatsoever (I didn't). For me, a little sugar had the fewest consequences. That said, when I finished my Whole30 and reintroduced a very tiny amount of wheat bread - I got a headache immediately. Somewhere on the site is an article on seeing choices as having consequences rather than statements on your personal character... definitely worth a read (or two or three reads).

Archived