Compliant Starbucks Drinks?

• Moderators

Oh!  Okay well you'd definitely want to read the ingredients on those... I have a very strong suspicion that they're probably not compliant... if they were, then go ahead, but I imagine they're a lot of chemicals... yuck!

• Moderators

To add, I just tried to google the ingredients or nutritional info on the flavor shots and it's not really available, which tells me that DD is not transparent about their ingredients... that's a big red flag to start with... second, I did find that someone said their shots are made with gylcerin, which is a sneaky sugar... There's a link in my signature of the Sneaky Sugars download... take that with you next time you go to DD and compare the ingredients to the sheet... I bet you find at least one...

13 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

To add, I just tried to google the ingredients or nutritional info on the flavor shots and it's not really available, which tells me that DD is not transparent about their ingredients... that's a big red flag to start with... second, I did find that someone said their shots are made with gylcerin, which is a sneaky sugar... There's a link in my signature of the Sneaky Sugars download... take that with you next time you go to DD and compare the ingredients to the sheet... I bet you find at least one...

Whoa! Thanks for the big heads up. I think if I'm going with coffee, it will be black... just as is. Or unsweetened iced tea.

eating the right foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you'll find that your energy levels become a lot more even, and you might find that you just don't 'need' coffee anymore (though it might take a while).  I found that if I made coffee first thing before eating breakfast then I ended up drinking it, but if I made breakfast first, and started drinking a pint of water with it, I quite often didn't want/need the coffee.  I went from 3 or 4 a day down to usually just 1, sometimes none a day.  drinking kombucha also helps as something different to water.  best bet in coffee shops is either espresso, or black Americano (even though Americano is technically just an espresso with hot water, you still get asked if you want it black, or with milk...?!)

Archived