Decaf Skinny Vanilla Latte with Almond Milk

mjcaron

I recently noticed (after completing whole30) that when I consume a decaffeinated-skinny-vanilla-latte-with almond milk from Starbucks (my favorite  Saturday afternoon treat) I get pain and gas in my stomach.   I can't figure out what is causing this since I'm using almond milk and decaf. Could it be the artificial no sugar sweetener? Any suggestions? 

Here are the ingredients in the almond milk - almond milk (filtered water, almonds), sugar, tricalcium phosphate, sunflower lecithin, sea salt, xanthan gum, guar gum, vitamin A palmitate, and vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol)

maybe its one of the ingredients in there causing the pain? I think the xanthan gum and guar gum can cause stomach trouble

1 hour ago, Bellmaestra said:

Do you know what the sweetener is they are using?

Looking at the ingredients,  I'd be better of switching to regular vanilla flavored syrup from artificial sugar.  This is what the sugar free sweetner has. Maybe I'll just got to plain. The added sugar might not be worth it after all. : )   Artificial Sweetener in Vanilla Latte:  [Water, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Cellulose Gum, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Sodium Benzoate].

1 hour ago, Bellmaestra said:

1 hour ago, liz517 said:

Here are the ingredients in the almond milk - almond milk (filtered water, almonds), sugar, tricalcium phosphate, sunflower lecithin, sea salt, xanthan gum, guar gum, vitamin A palmitate, and vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol)

maybe its one of the ingredients in there causing the pain? I think the xanthan gum and guar gum can cause stomach trouble

This almond milk has WAY more indigence than the Almond Milk I've been drinking.   I'll try another almond milk drink without the vanilla flavoring to see if I have same results.  Thanks for your help.. :)

Archived