Cliche' but starting Jan. 1st

NotSoHappyEater

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news re the hands! 

day 4 in the U.K. and feeling alright. Sugar cravings are getting to me a little but I know they just need to be ignored!

i think one of the hardest things is the availability of off-plan food. Everywhere I go it's like sweets and chocolate are staring me down!

2 hours ago, Jazmin said:

i think one of the hardest things is the availability of off-plan food. Everywhere I go it's like sweets and chocolate are staring me down!

That's one of the things I like about the structure of a Whole30 --- when on the plan, it's easier to say no on that stuff because it's just not an option.  Off plan, post-Whole30, it's more difficult because we allow ourselves to have those little debates: "I'll just have one" "I'll take a little piece" "I'll eat a smaller dinner to cancel it out" etc etc

16 minutes ago, kirkor said:

That's one of the things I like about the structure of a Whole30 --- when on the plan, it's easier to say no on that stuff because it's just not an option. 

Yes! During the programme it's much easier, because I feel like I have a tangible reason to say no. Though thinking about it, my relationship with food probably needs to change if I think my general health isn't a tangible reason to say no when off-plan!

I can agree with this, I need the structure of yes and no.  It prevents me from saying I can eat this now and make up for it later or exercise a bit longer.

plus I look at it as a challenge, for someone like me who hates veggies 30 days is long and I can overcome.  

Hey Jazmine, I got those carrots down and I must admit you never saw my kids laugh so hard at the faces I was making lol.

My cruise in April will think me for this 30 days.

I have seen it and ketchup but failed to get them made but going to this weekend.  Started a bit later but got this 2d day in with no problem.  Sure helps to have the wife doing it to.  We had Brisket tonight with half of a baked potato and green beans.  Made the kids mashed potatoes and the wife was looking at them like pleaseeeeee.

we're wrestling with Bacon now, lots of people say the low sodium at Costco is ok but it has sodium erythorbate in it.  Not sure it's truly a sugar but it is a preservative.

The only bacon I found compliant was online and I didn't want to spend that much money on it. My brother did and said it wouldn't be something he would order again. I understand on the mashed potatoes. My husband's grandkids come over because they are home from college. THEY had pizza. I did not. That was hard.  One foot in front of the other right?

Day 5 and I'm happy to report that I've stayed on-plan without any temptations! I know this can't last but I'm pretty pumped.

Today's obstacle is lunch out with my work-people; our boss is treating us as a late Christmas present, but he hasn't decided yet on where we're going. I know most places have a meat/veg option or at the very least a salad with olive oil dressing, so I'm not TOO worried, but we'll see how it goes!

It's day 5 feeling good! Hope everyone is as well. Breakfast this week have been eggs scrambled thin to roll up like a tortilla stuffed with left over meat or veggies. Lunch leftovers or can of tuna celery, olives and a drizzle of avocado oil. Clementine oranges and nuts have been great in an emergency for lunch.

NSV staying out of the chocolate draw at work!!!! Sleeping better and after 5 days no acid reflux!!! How ever dreaming of a sandwich.

Will be put to the test this weekend moving children back to college and staying the weekend away from home. I did find a place to stay with a kitchen so I can make my on breakfast. The rest of the time my family will want to eat out so I will try my best.

KIll all the things hasn't hit me, but the tiredness has, big time! Full time training is hard work at the start of a w30 but this is probably the best Time of year to do one for me so I'm sticking to it. 

I KEEP having dreams though, that I eat off plan. Last night was starburst sweets and buttered bread rolls. Hoping the dreams subside, I've had a similar one every night so far!

So far haven't had to deal with eating out, but have emailed ahead for a meeting I'm attending next week asking if it's alrighty if I bring my own food rather than eating what's provided, so that should be fine!

Hope all is going well!

My usual breakfast so far for the wife and I, 2 scrambled eggs with a mix of onions, green peppers, and small amount of diced potatoes all mixed together.

lunch is a beef stew type soup and a cup of fruit (pineapple, grapes, strawberries)

Had Brisket with a small baked potatoes with Ghee butter and green beans last night.  I felt bad cause I was very full.

5 hours ago, Jazmin said:

I KEEP having dreams though, that I eat off plan. Last night was starburst sweets and buttered bread rolls. Hoping the dreams subside, I've had a similar one every night so far!

Me too Jazmin! I also hope it stops! 

After shepherds pie and spinach for lunch, I am feeling sooo tired and bloated. 

I hope this soda water helps wake me up or else I might be sleeping under my desk. 

Good job Whole30ers! Keep up the good work! 

I tried Sweet Potato Toast. It didn't do well in my regular toaster but I put some in the toaster oven with olive oil and it was surprisingly good.

I am going out of town this weekend also, like a lot of people I see on here. I know the place we are staying has a salad bar on their buffet. I plan to stick to the vegetable part of the salad bar and try to discreetly bring  some almonds in my purse for protein. I can't think of any way to "discreetly" whip a can of tuna out. LOL

HI everyone! 

I only just remembered what a blessing w30 mayo is. Tuna mayo and coleslaw will really really change my experience. Actually really looking forward to my next few meals!

The tiredness hasn't subsided yet but I trust that's my body adjusting and I'll stick with it, I'll be feeling good soon, I hope. 

Has anyone tried any new recipes they would recommend?

keep going!

Excited we finally found some compliant bacon at $4.99 at Earth Fare.  Actually 2 brands but both more affordable.  https://pedersonsnaturalfarms.com/  Cannot think of the second brand right now but can post later.  So, my breakfast now is hearty where I take a potato and dice to small hash brown size and add some onion and a little bit of green pepper ( which I keep in a big bowl in the freezer) cook it up and then pour 2 scrambled eggs over it once they are about done and cook it all up and add 2 slices of bacon and OH, what a meal.

We've been eating this for lunches.  http://www.iheartnaptime.net/hearty-vegetable-soup/  great flavor (although not sure the tomatoes help my reflux)  My only change to the recipe is I would take out the Ground Beef and put in Stew Beef.

c1f9cf35cd8642cc8a94874609a2dcd5.jpg

Archived