January 2nd start date

calibilly

Day 3 no headaches a little bit hungrier - I was never much of a meal person ...so I just find myself snacking on veggies through out the day also getting into the habit of eating 3 square meals. Keep in mind I am not doing this to lose weight just to eat healthier. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love reading how everyone is doing!

Day 3 for me. The day arrived with a headache for me, but I drank my water all day long, took two IBprofin, and kept on with life.  

It's snowed all day, and expecting it to continue for the next two days. I hit the store for extra vegetables and meats before noon and had dinner in the oven by 2:30. I didn't get to the pool to do laps, so I danced my little/big feet off for a few songs and cleaned. 

My husband's off of work until next Monday, so I won't get in much more "winter cleaning" before  I go back to work, since I like to clean in a quiet, empty house. We might end up shoveling snow together every day. Isn't there a saying about spouses that shovel together, stay together? We haven't had this much snow in years, nearly a decade, so we haven't had to get a snowblower.

If anyone is in the snowy places, stay safe! If you're enjoying summer, well, good for you too! Enjoy the sun for me!

So today was day 2 for me, ate well but feeling really crappy. I had a bit of a headache later in the afternoon and now feeling as if my allergies have gone haywire. Anyone else experience nose that won't stop running? Felt ready to crash at around 7 but had to get kids to bed and catch up on paperwork. Looking forward to having a relaxing weekend soon!

DasiF, it's fairly normal to have things get worse before they get better as your body goes through the process of healing, the first week can be a little interesting, to say the least.

I just finished Day 3, woke up yesterday seriously dragging but felt better after a solid breakfast. Today my coworkers were in danger when I hit the "kill all the things" phase faster than I was hoping. OK, I was hoping to skip it entirely this time around, but no such luck! :-D Still, we all lived through it, and my afternoons seem to be fairly normal, so I will keep plugging along with the "carrot" of feeling better dangling in front of me. And the reward of my happy temperament for my coworkers.  :-)

12 hours ago, Oh the Irony said:

Hi all.

Yesterday, day #2 started out really well. Felt okay and I DRANK MY FIRST CUP OF BLACK COFFEE IN MY LIFE!! I normally do mochas. I went to a friends place where they do cold brewed coffee and had an iced one that I actually drank. I was kind of in shock!!

I had jury duty and noticed that the pressure feeling in my right ear felt a bit better. There was crackling which I took as a good sign--movement.

Then at 4:15 yesterday I got the dizzy feeling and it went promptly into hardcore vertigo with the room spinning and vomiting. I'm flat on my back on the floor at work. My parents came and got me and then I just had to do the completely still in bed thing. I'm exhausted today (normal after attack) and have no appettite--also normal.  This is my first attack since Thanksgiving--I've just had the weird feeling in ear for the last 5-6 weeks. 

I'm wondering if this is part of detox for me? That the change in diet could have changed something and triggered the attack? I'm trying to get in with an acupuncturist. My ENT gave me a diuretic last time and told me he'd see me in three months. 

That really sounds like what my dad used to go through, but I don't remember him saying anything about having the odd feeling in his ear.

I hope it is part of the detox and it clears up soon. :-(

How are you with salt and electrolytes? I discovered by accident a couple of summers ago that my levels of both were incredibly deficient and had to start supplementing electrolytes whenever I'm in the heat. The symptoms I experienced were pressure in my ears, followed quickly by vertigo, then a severe, short term headache and general weak feeling, almost passing out.

Day 3 for me! Felt good through the morning and even the afternoon. Went to the gym and weighed myself for my starting weight(I don't own a scale so I had to wait to have access to one). And it's just so frustrating. I don't know why it bugs me so much. But I definitely feel better today and more in control of my cravings, moods, and even felt like I had a slightly flatter stomach. But then I did get bloated after dinner and I've had some strange rumblings. I did have plaintain chips for the first time this afternoon as part of my pre-workout snack so I'm wondering if it had to do with that or if this is just my gut adapting. I've been sleeping much more soundly according to my Fitbit the past two nights so hopefully that continues! Can't wait for day 4!

Starting day 4 here in England.  I am nervous because I have to stay compliant during a flight from London to Los Angeles, and then for a 10 days sleeping away from home.  Already trying to get the mindset right.  I'm trying to figure out what sort of meal to order on the plane to best avoid temptation.  They don't have paleo, unfortunately, so gluten-free probably has dairy; vegan/vegetarian probably has grains; asian vegetarian is the closest but has rice and probably chickpeas..... I ended up ordering the regular meal and hopefully they will just have a roast chicken choice.  I'm packing compliant food just in case.  My biggest problem is going to be boredom leading to temptation during the flight.

I'm really sore from those workouts.  Yesterday I nearly fell over doing squat presses.  I could tell while I was on the treadmill that I do not have as much energy as the first day.  I'm going to give the high intensity workouts a miss for the rest of this week and resume next week.  Meanwhile I think I'll stick to Yoga and the eliptical trainer on low.  It's a bit too  cold to go outside for a walk right now 27, brrr.  

Day #4  I haven't really planned my day in terms of food.  Going to get that together  now.  I got my US Wellness order so I think I'm having bacon and eggs for breakfast.  Maybe tuna for lunch again.  I may have to stop and buy a couple of avocados.  I find myself craving them which probably means I'm not eating enough fat.  

I'm tired.  I'm still waking up several times during the night but I feel like my cycles of sleep are deeper sans alcohol.  

9 hours ago, CarleenVC said:

. I did have plaintain chips for the first time this afternoon as part of my pre-workout snack 

Homemade? :ph34r:

Also, protein/fat are the recommended components of a preWO snack not carbs so keep that in mind.  What kind of workout?

1 hour ago, Julzology said:

but I feel like my cycles of sleep are deeper sans alcohol.  

Yep, that's a definite thing!

Starting day 4 of my first W30.  My husband is mostly playing along which helps a lot.  So far I have really enjoyed the intellectual challenge of planning new (and delicious!) meals.  I had a challenge yesterday in my first restaurant meal which was during an offsite work meeting. I reviewed the menu online in advance and determined I could make the spinach salad work if they left off the bacon and cheese and added chicken breast.  The salad dressing was their house made roasted tomato vinaigrette (which sounded delicious!) but at the restaurant I found out from the server that they made it with sugar so I skipped it. It felt good to navigate that successfully!  I'm enjoying being able to tap in to community support and wisdom on these forums.  Thank you!

Yesterday I wasn't hungry all day like the first couple days. I was hungry when I should be. Yay! I haven't slept well until last night (thank God!) But still feel tired when I get up. So far I have no interest in anything food illegal. My family is loving the dinners I'm preparing. So far, so good. 

On 1/1/2017 at 4:44 PM, Oh the Irony said:

Hi all! I"m also starting on the 2nd. I've been reading up and making some recipes for the last 6 weeks. I didn't want to start over holidays but have been excited to start. 

I've had some episodes of vertigo recently and my ear feels funny (like it's under water) 70% of the time. I'm hoping that by reducing inflammation in my body I can help the condition. Also hoping to sleep better, have more energy, and end the food cravings. Happy I don't have to work tomorrow and can focus on cooking some good food.  

I started on the 2nd too!  I also had severe episodes of vertigo and ear issues.  For me, they are linked to gluten...so the Whole30 definitely helps with that.  I hope your issues start to let up soon!  Happy Whole30!

1 hour ago, kirkor said:

Homemade? :ph34r:

Also, protein/fat are the recommended components of a preWO snack not carbs so keep that in mind.  What kind of workout?

Yep, that's a definite thing!

Nope not homemade, I got them from Trader Joe's, all that's in them are plantains and salt. I always have carbs pre-workout or I feel like crap. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, not looking to be keto or get rid of carbs, I need them for proper functioning of my thyroid. I've been down that road and it sucks. 

Day 4 will be interesting.. we are going on a quick day trip which I would usually eat out but I'm definitely feeling a little lost as to where I can eat and what. I am packing some coconut chips, plantain chips and guacamole, some cashews, and a tin of salmon plus an apple and carrots & celery. I'm not really looking forward to the canned salmon without any mayo or dressing- I am not a fish person but I make myself eat it it at least once or twice a week. Hopefully the "kill all the things" phase isn't too bad. Cheers to day 4 everyone! 

Day 4...Sleeping soundly is happening, as well as my body seems to be changing.

I hope everyone's fairing well! 

Black coffee is my friend...and I'm trying to drink 96 ounces of water each day. 

I went to bed at 9 last night and didn't wake up until nearly 6. That's kind of a record type of sleep for me in a long time. My husband said I snored loudly. I have no clue what he's talking about because I didn't hear anything. 

My stomach seems less bloated. I've got a nice roundish figure, more like hour-glass, so having the front part of my body feeling less bloated is comforting to know that my work pants will fit better. 

I'm hoping my energy will arrive by Monday when I have to go back to work. I have meetings all day and then I'm back to working on my feet for 6 hours a day on Tuesday. 

I realized that black coffee doesn't taste bad if it's good coffee.  Folger's or Maxwell House or some of the other grocery store coffees I can't drink black.  But I get organic coffee at Fairway that's roasted on site and it's just fine black.  My $.02 on the coffee.  

Day #4 and I'm realizing that I'm a little foggy headed.  I just keep making stupid little mistakes that make me realize that my brain is on low.  

Plus I'm pretty sore from my workouts Monday and Yesterday.  Actually had to take an ibuprofen this morning.  I'm going to take it easier until I'm in to week #2.  

Hello all! Started January 2nd W30R02 with my husband. We completed our first W30 last May. We had amazing NSV's and significant scale victories but a summer of drinking beer, a stressful across state move and the holidays undid all of that hard work. So we are back again! 

On day 4 and doing great. Today is the first day I feel like I have energy which is great. We have made our favorite chicken lo mein from Primal Palate and Italian Soup from Farmstead Chic, which is perfect for the -13 degree days we've been having in MN! 

I am also doing a 31 day Yoga Revolution by Yoga with Adriene. Trying to start 2017 off right and set myself up well for my other goals this year. 

It's Day 4 for me and my fiance, and going well! FI had a bit of crabbiness last night and some hungover feelings. I've been feeling pretty good, just a little hungry sometimes. I doubled my fat for my breakfast this AM (plus added veggies, thanks for the great suggestions!). We've been eating wonderful dinners, so I'm excited to keep up with that. Chicken fajita salad with plantains last night, and I have a hearty stew in the slow cooker for tonight! We are a little worried about what to do this weekend, though. Our plans usually center on (or at least include) eating out and drinking.

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

Day 4 here. I really haven't had any cravings at all, other than yesterday evening just after dinner I decided I wanted fruit (I don't tend to eat dessert so I don't think that was it, and it didn't feel like a sugar craving) - I did have half a clementine but I hadn't had any fruit the rest of the day so I thought it was ok. I truly have no interest in eating off plan foods at this point, but I feel so tired. It was a huge battle to get out of bed this morning and I just have wanted to take a nap all day. I also have found that even though I'm excited about my meals and enjoying them, about halfway through both breakfast and lunch today, I just kind of lost interest in them. It's hard to explain because it didn't feel like I was full and it didn't feel like I disliked them but I just lost interest and had to force myself to keep eating. Also super sore from my workout Tuesday and debating whether to do the next hard workout tonight after feeling so tired - I've been doing the Spartan DailyBurn plan because I like Spartan races and I did one last year and have 2 upcoming this year. Thoughts on whether to push through or to skip it?

This weekend I have a volunteer event that I'm helping run all day Saturday and Sunday, so I'm planning to bring some salads with protein for lunch, homemade beef jerky and fruit for a snack (not getting home until 7:30 at night most likely so will need something to hold me til dinner). I'm actually worried about meal prep for next week, I'm going to start looking at what I want tonight and get some easy meals for Monday and Tuesday so I don't have to spend a ton of time Sunday night. If anyone has any favorite crock pot soup/chili recipes, that would be awesome - it's pretty cold here and I could use some warm and easy food!

Today is Day 4.  Day 3 went better than Day 2.  I wasn't nearly as hungry all day.  I think adding more fat to each meal helped that. I had a restless sleep last night, but I think it has to do with being back at work after a two week break. Today is going to be hard at lunch.  At my work we have a Thursday lunch bunch and we rotate who provides lunch for those in the group. I brought my own lunch today, but I know everyone will be asking me why I am not eating. I plan on telling them, but it's just a little hard for me.   I am otherwise feeling good.  Not amazing, but good.

Jennifer

I'm on day 4, and just a fun little tid-bit... my boyfriend has been really good about me going on my Whole30s (this is my 4th round). He was so great last night, that he essentially waited until I was in bed to make his frozen pizza so I didn't have to smell its deliciousness. SO thankful for that, because that's the toughest part... being around food I can't eat. Some co-workers brought in Kringle (a pastery thingy, I think it's a WI thing?). I just gave it the evil eye and made up my tea for the afternoon.

In case anyone is struggling with not snacking at night (like I do), I DEFINITELY recommend buying some nice herbal teas and drinking those instead. I think it works really well, especially in the winter (it's literally 3 degrees Fahrenheit in WI right now). 

Also, anyone having strange/vivid dreams yet? I haven't had all of the other symptoms really (don't hate me), but I had one heck of a doozy dream last night! Needless to say, I should back off on my American Horror Story watching for awhile!

Archived