Wildheart's Whole 30 Journey

wildheart46

Have you read *It Starts With Food*? It really lays it all out for you and explains the why and the science behind W30. I am sorry that you feel like you have not lost weight. However, as Emma and Shannon pointed out, you're not really eating in the spirit of a Whole30.  There are still weeks to go before Feb. Maybe read the book and focus on following the meal template three times a day and you may feel better about your weight and you may also have some non-scale victories, too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weighed in today and lost 7 pounds! 

So yesterday was the hardest day for me. I forgot that I had started on the first, so my last day was technically the 30th. I have not cooked or really prepared anything for lunch at work. I did have some compliance sausages to bring but I woke up late so in the end I just grabbed some shake powder and took off.

So yesterday was the hardest day for me. I forgot that I had started on the first, so my last day was technically the 30th. I have not cooked or really prepared anything for lunch at work. I did have some compliance sausages to bring but I woke up late so in the end I just grabbed some shake powder and took off.

When I got home I had to work at a craft project. I picked up some glue at the store – OK I know this paragraph is this jointed but I'm dictating it because I have to get ready for work. LOL. I stopped at the store to get glue after work for a craft project. I was hungry. Long story short is the only thing I bought to eat was one of those kind fruit and nut and dark chocolate bars.  I definitely savored it and enjoyed it whereas in the past I would've wolfed it down and thought it was too small. OK, I still think it's too small, but at least I didn't inhale it. 

When I got home I cooked and got so involved in my craft project that I wound up just leaving the food on the stove to cool. Once I was done working, I had something to eat. My success yesterday really was in not buying all of the "bad" food at the store. It was one of the harder shopping trips in this entire journey. The whole time my imp with shouting "you can eat whatever you want! Get whatever you want! "And in the end, I like to think that I did   

The previous day, I stopped at the Godiva store to buy a present for a host  I will be visiting. (  Westworld ha ha #)

OK, the phone can't handle hashtags right now 

Give me a free piece of chocolate every month. So I took it yesterday but I didn't eat it until last night as a sort of prize. I enjoyed it. Not over the moon, but it was white chocolate after all 

My goal is to continue to try to adhere to whole 30 as much as I can, without feeling like I have to do the walk of shame if I enjoy an alcoholic drink or a latte every now and again. 

More later… Time to get ready for work. Just wanted to throw down my notes and thank everyone for their support.     Also again I know this is going to be full of weird errors because I'm dictating it but maybe I'll correct it later. 

Archived