Who's doing the #JanuaryWhole30?

whole30_patricia

I will be starting my first 30 day with you all on the second. I am excited in a scary kind of way, but think its time to get my health and life in a good healthy place. I have the cookbook, whole30, and It starts with food. My brain understands the program, now if I can just get my body to be okay with this big change, I will be okay. I am only worried about black coffee, with no dairy and getting rid of cheese. But a small price to pay for good health. I am rewarding myself with a pedicure after my thirty days are over. I think this is an awesome way to start the new year.

Hi guys!  I'm MK & will be starting with you on January 2nd!  I'm super psyched because my hubby is doing it with me & boy, do we need to clean up our act!  I've read It Starts with Food and was VERY impressed with the content.  I'll be interested to see if foods like brown rice and dairy, which I would deem healthy, negatively affect me.  Glad to be along on the journey with you guys!  Here's to a successful January W30 :)

I'm on board, everyone! I'm mentally preparing myself for no stevia or milk (I've been doing the daily cappuccinos since we got home from Italy in September), although the no legumes or grains doesn't feel too horrible. No wine or cappos will likely take some adjustment, but I'm ready!! I'm ready to not feel tired and sluggish anymore.

I started drinking coffee when I was 35 with lots of creamer and sugar.  I usually drank it with the fancy creamers, fat free of course!  So on Thanksgiving, I decided to drink it black "just for the four day vacation".  And you know what?  It's not bad.  I haven't put anything in it since!  You can do this!!!

I'm joining the January30...  I need to lose 20 pounds of pure belly fat.  I feel like a blob.  My weakness is MILK!!!  I drink a big glass everyday.   I'm going to spend the next week getting ready so that I am successful during this program.   EXCITED!!!    #JanuaryWhole30

Hi Everyone! Doing a whole90 starting January 2nd! Just did the whole 30 before my wedding last month and lost 8 lbs and I have a 6 month old and still breastfeed. Needless to say I need all of the support I can get. Been eating a paleo diet for 7 years and lost 50 lbs and have kept it off but this is a whole new level and I am psyched for a new challenge! 

Hi all.  This will be my first whole30 starting on the 2nd.  My 15 year old daughter will be starting with me and I am a little worried about staying on track.  Being a single mom with both of us having busy schedules (2 jobs for me and dance 4 nights a week for her), I will have to really step it up in the planning stages.  If anyone has great ideas on prepping for the week, I would really appreciate it.  So excited for us both to get back to a healthy routine and stop with the bad choices we seem to make grabbing on the go most of the time.  Good luck to everyone!!!!

Hey all! I'm starting Whole30 on January 2nd with my fiance and am really excited!

My biggest trouble with eating well and staying active is being consistent. I can have a wholesome breakfast and lunch but by the end of the day give in to pasta, sweets, or some other "treat" for eating well all day. I'm hoping that Whole30 can help me keep healthy habits on a consistent basis. My fiance has some unhealthy habits too but I know he is doing it with me to be supportive and help me stay on track! He is a Marine so has no problem following dietary restrictions after being in Iraq and Afghanistan. He's also a "challenge accepted" kind of guy so I'm really excited that he is on board with this. 

We are also getting married next fall and we both want to look and feel great about ourselves! Thinking that January is a perfect time to make a lifestyle change and also gives us enough time to stay consistent before our wedding.

I think the hardest part will be no grain and not having a beer after a long day of skiing! All I can say is . . . CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! 

I'm joining the January Whole 30! I had a good experience two years ago. I learned so much, and I was able to get rid of my migraines for a year. And then bad habits resurfaced, and as you can imagine, headaches returned. I'm really looking forward to getting back on track. I've recruited a few friends, and this time my goal is to do a mindful reintroduction over a long period of time so I can get to the bottom of this headache thing. I'm raising my virtual glass to all of us and our good health in 2017!

I'm in!  I have two young kids and will not be partying for New Years so I may as well start on the 1st though.

I have been wanting to do this for a long time and I finally got my butt in gear.  I did my shopping and went through my pantry. I moved everything that is restricted onto particular shelves for my kids and everything allowed I put on the shelf nearest my eye level, hah.

I'm excited! 

I am!  I have been eating this way about 80% of the time for years now due to a health condition I have overcome.  I have gone way off though over the last 2 weeks with my birthday and Christmas.  I am VERY bloated, nauseous and feeling run down, along with 7 extra pounds.. I am ready to give my body a good detox the next 30 days by following 100%.  My main downfall is the first week on this I seem to get very anxious and depressed.. so I have to get through that part.  I am allergic to nuts and seeds, so that part of the diet is out for me.  I also struggle with sugar cravings when I am not eating enough carbs so I need to remember to cook a lot of carbs!  Potatoes cause me gut issues and brain fog so I stay away from them.  Anyway I look forward to coming on here and getting support when I want to cave and eat a gluten free cracker... 

I am starting this program January 2nd. I am looking forward cleaning out my system getting in touch with how my body and mind react to food. Feeling better and having more energy is a big draw too. I need to get a plan for my first week of food. Good luck to all.

Chris

My partner and I just started today 1st January.  We have been off the booze for 6 weeks now so moving on to Whole 30 was the next great step.  I'm doing it to help my gut issues and my partner David is doing it for weight loss and to help with his running.  We are so looking forward to it. Just did the pantry purge.  Next is the meal plan and hit the shops.  Happy New Year from Brisbane, Australia!  Fx

I'm new today too!
I'm doing it to sort out long term gut issues, anxiety, dry skin and energy slumps... I just want to feel better!

Oh and to help deal with the 7kgs gained in the last 6 weeks (I broke my ankle and it turns out that only my super active lifestyle was keeping my weight under control!)

Archived