Who's doing the #JanuaryWhole30?

whole30_patricia

On 12/30/2016 at 10:14 AM, Aimee B said:

Hey all! I'm starting Whole30 on January 2nd with my fiance and am really excited!

My biggest trouble with eating well and staying active is being consistent. I can have a wholesome breakfast and lunch but by the end of the day give in to pasta, sweets, or some other "treat" for eating well all day. I'm hoping that Whole30 can help me keep healthy habits on a consistent basis. My fiance has some unhealthy habits too but I know he is doing it with me to be supportive and help me stay on track! He is a Marine so has no problem following dietary restrictions after being in Iraq and Afghanistan. He's also a "challenge accepted" kind of guy so I'm really excited that he is on board with this. 

We are also getting married next fall and we both want to look and feel great about ourselves! Thinking that January is a perfect time to make a lifestyle change and also gives us enough time to stay consistent before our wedding.

I think the hardest part will be no grain and not having a beer after a long day of skiing! All I can say is . . . CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! 

I'm feeling the urge to share my Whole30 progress so far!

Started with Day 1 yesterday and, admittedly, didn't do it in the best way. My fiance and I were out of town skiing so we started the day with a Lara Bar and almond butter for breakfast. By the time we were headed home we were both exhausted from skiing all morning and STARVING! Made it home and whipped up some eggs, bacon, and avocado for lunch. Still felt super grumpy and had a headache for the rest of the day.

Finally dragged myself out of the apartment around 4:30pm and made it to the store for some prep items for the rest of the week. We have an older dog who isn't in great health so I make her boiled chicken and rice for food. By the time I came back from the store at 6ish it was time to whip up some dog food, an egg bake for breakfast for the week, and dinner. By time time we actually sat down for dinner I was seriously pooped and convinced I was getting sick. Made cauliflower "fried rice" for dinner with onions, carrots, sugar snap peas, scrambled eggs, shrimp, ginger, garlic, and coconut aminos. Sauteed the veggies in ghee and seasoned them at the end of cooking. Dinner was delicious but I was surprised how quickly I felt full and couldn't wait to get into bed.

Started out Day 2 with a piece of egg bake (onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, Wellshire Smoked Chorizo Sausage (http://www.wellshirefarms.com/allergy-free-foods-database/Smoked-Chorizo-Sausage-06030), eggs, and a splash of coconut milk. So delicious just reheated in the microwave and spicy! Sliced up a pear with it and had a cup of coffee with unsweetened coconut milk.

Feeling way better today than yesterday and looking forward to my lunch of leftover cauliflower rice, almonds, a banana, guac, and jicama sticks! Don't plan on eating all of that for lunch but made sure to bring enough food to work to last me to 5pm in case I get hungry. Took out ground beef to defrost for dinner and thinking about pairing it with some butternut squash!

Get ready Day 2 for a swift kick in the bum!! Only worried about tomorrow when I'm working from home, it is supposed to snow all day, and I'll want to eat some mac and cheese or something totally non-compliant! Eeek! 

Archived