2nd whole 30 January 2

JenHZ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/8/2017 at 3:20 PM, JenHZ said:

kirkor w30 seems pretty anti smoothie but it could work for when you are sick.

Oh, most definitely! I am just curious from an academic and technically compliant standpoint.  Also, the main difference between smoothie & soup seems to be primarily "fruit vs. vegetable" with a little bit of "cold temperature vs. warm".  I do the low carb thing anyway so the fructose/fiber problem of recreating a Jamba Juice wouldn't be the issue in my particular case.
Anyway, it's a thought for another day.

had a pretty good day yesterday even though  had wrinkle of 2 hour late start school day for kid.

I didn't' exercise again as I needed a nap and an advil after Monday's workout

Got to Whole Foods and bought tessamay  bbq sauce and a local garlic sauce that is terrific.  

Got kid some  papaya that she loved.  she is not doing whole30 but has agreed to eat  snacks that are not candy or sweets for 3 weeks

dinner in the sous vide was an ok change from going out after her riding class for me though she missed going out.

Made a chicken nugget type dish that was very cocconutty.

On 4. 1. 2017 at 7:07 PM, JenHZ said:

Hi browneyedsusan  my kid is 18

welcome Zuzana

set back yesterday. grabbed the wrong Lara bar and ate half before I realized it was an old one with chocolate chips and sugar.  I am really  going for more of a whole 25  just until the 27th. then we will be traveling on a stressful trip and will not stop to check oils and such.  will certainly be trying not to  eat anything that will give us digestive issues but some stuff will be not W30

today I took a header down my front steps when I tripped on a shoelace.  banged my knee hard so won't be exercising vigorously

Hello, it takes a lot of reading, there are no Lara bars in my country, we have "Paleo bar" - fortunatelly without sugar, but still I was stressed about shopping and checking all stuff. But it´s worth it. Yesterday I had a dream about food what I cannot eat this month - it was so real! So yes, it is hard to manage, but I believe it will give you much more as it promised! ;) GOOD LUCK!

1hour bank meeting today so some stress

walked an hour in the mall afterwards and that still felt like a workout, needed a nap.  part of that could be stress and depression related

getting through the "oh no leftovers for lunch again" blues by using leftovers from different meals  so it's not the exact same taste. also piling it all in a bowl feels decadent to me at the moment so I'm doing that before I reheat and adding a bit of W30 compliant sauce if it needs it. 

yesterday I did put my head deeply in my phone as I drank a cup of black coffee while kid consumed nachos at her afterschool lunch

Tomorrow I had 2 parties to go to.  1 is very foodie so I am skipping that.  Other is jam music session later at night.  can take some safe veggies and dip and drink water at that one and not feel like I am missing the point of the party.

On 1/12/2017 at 9:32 PM, JenHZ said:

walked an hour in the mall afterwards and that still felt like a workout, needed a nap.  part of that could be stress and depression related

getting through the "oh no leftovers for lunch again" blues by using leftovers from different meals  so it's not the exact same taste. also piling it all in a bowl feels decadent to me at the moment so I'm doing that before I reheat and adding a bit of W30 compliant sauce if it needs it. 

I am definitely experiencing both of these.  It's so hard for me to parse out what is Whole30 and what is mood fluctuation brought on by work stress, so I'm just trying to practice self-care all around.   And I am definitely mixing and matching leftovers to try to spice things up.  I just have no energy to create something new, so food diversity is out the window for this week.  But, the weekend brings more research on recipes and a chance to meal prep, so maybe I can jazz it up a little.

Have fun at your jam music session!

I did take and drink kombucha at the  music jam party which was great fun.  but next time must remember to choose a seat at a party that does not leave me directly facing the homemade chocolate cake!  nobody even made a joke about what dspouse and I did or did not eat or drink or (this being Washington state) did or did not partake of on the porch

today did not allow myself enough time for  breakfast eating and eaked out my morning with black coffee,  not a great choice but made it home to reheat some lunch

new recipes dorktatcular?  let me know if you love any of them

tried to make a dip last night I had made before but guess my coconut crème had gone rancid.  it was bad.  had to make do with salsa

Hurray Day 15! 

Today was meal prep day, which was good and bad.  Because I was meal prepping I was grazing while in the kitchen, and thus did not eat lunch because I wasn't hungry.  Whoops.  Grazing/snacking is my big problem.  Even though everything is Whole30, it's still a bad habit/comfort that I am trying to retrain.

Other than that, I had a dream last night that I was offered something noncompliant and I turned it down!  Never had a food dream turn out that way before, so I'm taking it as a good sign. ;):P

That looks like it would be great with chicken, especially in cold month

very irritated and off my usual routines which further irritates me.  Is this a late "kill all the things" reaction or more due to outside forces?

@JenHZ It is probably more due to outside forces (though we can never rule out Whole30 side effects!).  I had something similar to that a couple of weeks ago when my work schedule was hectic.  I was miserable and it couldn't all be because of Whole30.  How are you feeling now?

How is everyone feeling now?  We are getting very close to the end.  I know it's been an interesting and different Whole30 for me.

Archived