January 9th Start date First time around

purpleluv6

Hi Everyone! 

I have struggled with weight all my life and in the past few years have been dealing with chronic back pain, its just time to make a change. I'm both nervous and excited and keep telling myself that i will complete this journey the whole way through and move on to a paleo lifestyle. That is the current plan, all i know is that i'm tired of feeling the way i feel, i want treat my body it should be treated! 

hello and welcome~

I am going to start my r2whole60 on the 9th I decided to go longer with my second round to stay more committed to the reintro phase of it

I will tell you its definitely not all rainbows and unicorns but so worth it in the end!

here to help with any questions you have

Hi all! I am also starting on Jan 9th!

Looking forward to checking in with all of you. Its my first Whole30 and I have started an office job after years of dancing full time and hating how my body feels so I am hoping this will help me reset my unhealthy relationship with food as a stress relief and help me feel better!

Lily

My start date is January 9 as well. I am also a newbie to Whole 30.  I have cut out soda since the first of the year (long time soda lover) and have been working on going gluten and dairy free. Dairy has been a little tricky. I sought out Whole 30 to meet my new dietary needs. 30 days!!!!!

I'm in for tomorrow! I've been through the process before and know it's a tough road ahead. My last time I failed miserably by failing to plan. We sold our business, sold our property, moved countries, started a new job ...all at the same time I thought I could do Whole30. I must have been crazy.

i am now feeling flabby,  flatulent and fraught. It's my 60th year so I really want to be fit, fabulous and feminine. My journal starts today with my measurements but more importantly how I feel. My meal plan is done and today I cook!!! Mentally I'm ready for this..........

Carpe Diem

I'm jumping in January 9 too.  I am brand new to whole 30 and am super excited for what this month has to offer.  I know there will be challenges but also excited for the positive health results that follow.  I completed shopping yesterday and will get meal prep done today.

Also starting January 9th! It makes me happy to see so many people starting the same day. I was gluten and sugar free for nearly a year, about a year ago, and felt great-lost 40 pounds, had great energy and minimal pain from fibromyalgia, but then I "slipped." You know how it is-one plate of pasta and I landed face first in a box of donuts with my mouth wide open. A year later, I gained back the 40 I lost plus another God knows how much. I am tired of the way I feel, and am absolutely committed to seeing this through!

I started this morning as well! I did my first round in October but definitely needed another after the craziness of the holidays. This morning's black coffee was a rude awakening for my poor, sugar-addicted tastebuds. I'm looking forward to looking good, feeling great, and enjoying foods that actually nourish my body again! 

Somethig that helped me during my first round was offering up my sacrifices and struggles (especially on those hard days!!) for specific intentions. I'm a devout Christian and believe in the power of inteecessory prayer, so praying for a specific person or group of people throughout each day kept me focused when I felt terrible and wanted to abandon ship. 

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:43 PM, [email protected] said:

Ktjoh07 - How long do you plan on doing your longer whole 30 2nd time around? I am also thinking of doing this!:)

I plan on doing 2 rounds together with no breaks between
I will still weigh on day 31 and take my measurements

this round im not going all crazy with meal prep and just going to eat whole foods and recipes

my 1st round I did too much stressing about having too much food prepared and I got bored with it

Day 1 today for me too - so far it's going well, I prepped yesterday and felt really ready to get this started!

Oddly I've found myself almost unintentionally grabbing cheese to snack on while at work today.  Just an old habit I suppose, here's to hoping I don't "sleep" eat some cheese without realizing what I'm doing halfway through!

Good luck to all :)

Hi all,

I also started my 3rd round of W30 today. The last time I did W30 was a year ago and I have really let my eating habits slide this past year. My allergies are bad, my sleep isn't good, I gained back a lot of the weight I lost and I just plain feel blah. So time for a reset. I am looking forward to feeling better, but know that the next 30 days aren't going to be easy. Here's to tasty food that is good for us and feeling better in 2017. 

Best of luck to all of you.

Hi all -- I started yesterday too! Here's to day 2! I'm feeling the need to feel more in control of what goes into my body and know I have been "sleep" eating way too much! This is my second whole 30 - the first was 3 years ago and I remember feeling really good when it ended - but I've slipped back into old ways. Not quite all of them, but a lot of them. I'm glad there are other folks out there!

Yeah, it is definitely motivating to hear a little about all of your day 1s and day 2s. Yesterday was a successful first day, I felt I had more energy than usual even though I didn't have coffee at all. Looking forward to staying strong throughout the journey. Also, I made the spinach frittata this morning and it was sooo tasty. 

Best of luck to all!

Archived