Gluten free pizza

Delaine Ross

Ok... I did my Whole30 in July and until this past Sunday hadnt had any grains of any sort. My friend with celiac asked me to have a gluten free pizza (no cheese) with her. I was disappointed that I had no immediate adverse symptoms and thought "man, I wish I had that kind of deterrent!" AND THEN....

3 days later, break out city! Ugh! Can't do it!

I've been gluten free for about 12+ years. Before I started W30, I often ate gluten free bread, pizza base, cakes etc. But never again, when I actually read the list of ingredients it's amazing how little I recognise as actually being food.

I've been gluten free for about 12+ years. Before I started W30, I often ate gluten free bread, pizza base, cakes etc. But never again, when I actually read the list of ingredients it's amazing how little I recognise as actually being food.

So true. I have a 27 year old daughter who tries to be whole30/paleo but she keeps trying to have bread. I tried to point out what was in that "bread", but she still tried it. Not a happy situation.

Haha, slw600. yes, a mod said this. :) We have the same struggles and have to do the same reintroductions as everyone else if we want to really self experiment (which, IMO is the key part of the program.) :) you can have all the science and hear everyone else's experiences (which vary bc inflammation manifests itself differently in different people) but I'm stubborn enough that i have to feel like crap, miss out on sleep or wake up with serious breakouts (in my 30's!!) before I REALLY can make an educated decision on whether an off plan option is actually worth the consequences :) And in this case, the answer is NO! :-D

Haha, slw600. yes, a mod said this. :) We have the same struggles and have to do the same reintroductions as everyone else if we want to really self experiment (which, IMO is the key part of the program.) :) you can have all the science and hear everyone else's experiences (which vary bc inflammation manifests itself differently in different people) but I'm stubborn enough that i have to feel like crap, miss out on sleep or wake up with serious breakouts (in my 30's!!) before I REALLY can make an educated decision on whether an off plan option is actually worth the consequences :) And in this case, the answer is NO! :-D

Yeah, I really do put you dear mods on the "never do anything naughty" list which is so unfair to all of you. :) I appreciate your honesty..just took me a minute to accept it.

Oh..and if you tell me Tom has such struggles..or Robin..that's it..jumping off the bridge. ;)

Well, I can't speak for Tom (even I have trouble picturing him eating cake), but I do have a bag of Reeses Pieces in my freezer and some nasty reintroduction stories from this week (just finished a 45). I even threw away candy corn - which I'm pretty sure has NEVER happened before.

Well, I can't speak for Tom (even I have trouble picturing him eating cake), but I do have a bag of Reeses Pieces in my freezer and some nasty reintroduction stories from this week (just finished a 45). I even threw away candy corn - which I'm pretty sure has NEVER happened before.

OMG...that's it..Robin you care about Reeses? Sigh. :) Next thing I know is that you will tell me Cinderella isn't real.

I actually just lost my job yesterday at 6:38pm. 9 years with the company, so not a small thing. I just admitted to JHMOMI that I took a bite of a loaf of bread. Oh well. Now I am admitting it to all of you.

Good Ole Dervil (and that doesn't refer to her age :) ) always ready to save the say with Pinterest or a magic wand.

Aww...Sharon. Not really fun to go impulsively off track is it? It's something that I have been careful about NOT doing since W30 number one 14 months ago. Oh well..I can say it doesn't make anything better.

My new attitude is that I have worked full time since I was 16 (even had a personal chef business when my daughter was a kidlet) so this break is a good one. I had a very stressful job in health care, so I will take my time, do a lot of cavewoman walking, look slowly into my options and take advantage of free time.

It's nice to see all of you supportive and sweet cave dwellers to commiserate with.

Archived