First Whole 30!

jgoldm13

Hi All! Today is my day 11 of the whole30! I have tried previously in September but kept slipping up (just a piece of gum here and there when I craved something sweet and did not want to overindulge) However, I am now feeling a little bit at a crossroads and need of some advice. I am currently a Junior in college and proud of myself for taking this next healthy step, but lately I have been sick of the same college foods (salad with chicken twice a day gets boring) and I have been having fruit when craving something sweet (knowing well that this is not the point of whole30.) I guess I wanted to reach out to the community to ask if anyone else is doing this at college. I also have been sleeping terribly and have always been a healthy eater but this "tiger blood" people speak of has not happened yet. I did however, start to feel it once my sleep pattern was regular and I would get up early - its just been a couple week since that as I go to bed later and later each day and seem to be waking up earlier and earlier. Sorry for this rant! I just don't want to give up! I have come so far and looking for some words of encouragement that I will regain energy soon and start to "feel that it is worth it." Thank you! Also, I have dealt with an eating disorder as of two years ago and wanted to go on whole30 to lose weight/correct my unhealthy relationship with food but I have not lost any yet/maybe have gained. (I know the scale is off limits - only weighed myself once.) My hope is that I will start to become and feel healthier and stronger and not need the scale to determine my self-worth but I cant hope for it also go down to the weight I once was, but for now I will try and focus on healthy both mentally and physically - maybe my expectations for myself are too high. Okay that's all! Thank you Whole30 community!!

I think that just the decision to do the W30 is very big! You should be proud of yourself for starting and wanting to stick to it.

Don't feel bad for eating some fruit, it's not like you had pizza! If you need the energy fruit can help. But if you just feel like snacking I'd have some carrot sticks or other veggies instead.

And about the weight, it shouldn't be the issue, it's all about feeling healthier, and it sounds like you sleep better, which is great!

Thank you for your responses. Having a rough day - been sleeping horribly! And found out my almond milk I have been drinking is not whole30 compliant and I also have been having processed turkey (hard to avoid on a college campus) However, I am choosing to "continue" my journey and count today at Day 16 (even though I might not feel the full affect) because I have been doing the best I can given the circumstances - trying to not be so hard on myself, although still discouraged given my lack of sleep. Trying to tough it out! Almost gave in today but wrote a list of reasons as to why I am doing this and helped me to stay motivated for my lunch. Going to try to not look at the next 14 days as so long from but take my time looking at meal per meal instead - makes it more manageable. Has anyone done anything to help themselves when they feel like caving an giving up? This is especially hard when I am craving sugar and all I can think about it fruit! Thanks again!

Archived