AartiM

Hemp or Pea protein? Which brand is better?

3 minutes ago, SarahMK said:

I think hemp is more Whole30-friendly...unless I am missing something. Are peas allowed on Whole30?

Peas are not allowed on whole30 in general. However, vegetarians or vegans attempting whole30 sometimes have to make some changes to the program to get enough protein. This particular question is in the vegetarian part of the forum, so that is probably why they are asking.

8 minutes ago, ShannonM816 said:

Peas are not allowed on whole30 in general. However, vegetarians or vegans attempting whole30 sometimes have to make some changes to the program to get enough protein. This particular question is in the vegetarian part of the forum, so that is probably why they are asking.

Absolutely. I hope I didn't come off as rude. I was genuinely asking. Thank you for explaining :-). 

On 12/30/2016 at 10:09 AM, AartiM said:

Hey all, 

Which one is a better option, hemp or pea protein? Any suggestions as to which brand is better... 

Hi AartiM,

Just clarifying for discussion.  When you say "hemp protein" or "pea protein" do you mean hemp milk or peas in general or are you referring to protein supplements of some sort containing hemp or pea protein?

*UPDATE*

Just read the vegetarian shopping list and found out it that they are powders.  Disregard question :)

Does anyone have a brand of protein powder that is best to use on whole30? I am not sure what to order but seriously need some help with the protein issue. I'm on day 6 today and need help! 

5 hours ago, Brandylb said:

Does anyone have a brand of protein powder that is best to use on whole30? I am not sure what to order but seriously need some help with the protein issue. I'm on day 6 today and need help! 

Smoothies and shakes are not recommended whether you're doing the Whole30 as written or a vegetarian alternate protein version... how would you be using the protein powder?