Kosher Whole30

ljgallo

While I'm doing strict w30 I don't drink the wine (or grape juice) or eat the challah on Shabbat. I do say the blessings, smell the sweetness of the wine/juice and smell the richness of the challah, but I don't actually eat any.

In general ingredients and recipes will be super easy - all of your meals will be meat or parve since dairy is prohibited in the w30. Almost anything in the produce department is good to use (not corn, soy or peas however), almost everything in the meat or fish departments are good (as long as they're just meat/fish and no crazy additives - read your labels on EVERYTHING), eggs are good, and that's about it. Add tea or coffee without milk or with some form of compliant coconut or almond milk, use lots of olive oil, nuts sparingly, and small portions of fruits with your meals and you easily can manage it while keeping kosher.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
On 8/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, Signgal46 said:

Is it possible to do W30 and remain Kosher?  Suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm admittedly not up on kosher rules so I can't answer that in full. I will say that as long as the food you are eating is compliant to the program (eg, no dairy, legumes, sugar, alcohol, grains etc), then you're good to go.

Archived