New to Whole30. I want a buddy! Any takers??

Mowerfam

Hi Mowerfam!

I'm starting over on 1 Jan; maybe we can keep each other accountable? I'll be cooking and prepping tomorrow, and doing some advance meal planning. I gained weight last holiday season and never lost it, and have a bit more to lose after this past holiday. Especially after seeing myself in all the photos. Ew. I'm making a workout schedule, too.

What have you got planned so far?

Solar915

Would love to horn in on the accountability:)  1st round starting 1/1/17. Can I play in your sandbox?

I'm planning to continue reading the book, pre-cook a chicken and make some yummy bone broth tomorrow. I'll use it to flavor recipes and fill in any hunger gaps, pangs that rear up.

I'm a super simple foodie. I hate cooking really so the plan is to stick to a few known variations.

For breakfast...eggs, chia pudding with fruit and maybe some mini crustless quiches to freeze for grab n go mornings or birth freak outs:)  Baby's happen and I have got to plan to succeed on those unpredictable times away from home.

Lunches, quick veggies (fried up in Ghee) and a protein like tuna with homemade mayo or sardines (yuk I know but I love 'em:).  I'll probably use a lot of dinner leftovers.

Dinners, I'll make something in the Instant Pot a few times a week and likely eat that several times during the week. Things that make me super happy are Mexican soup (made with my bone broth, chicken, salsa and then floating avocado), curry chicken over something noodley like spaghetti squash or spiraled zucchini, taco salad, BLT salad etc.  Will keep some compliant sausages and spicy mustard in the fridge for the jump and run nature of my work.

I planned a few ideas jic I have to slay a sugar dragon. Smoothie, dates and some cherry pistachio conglomerate that I found at Costco. I don' t plan on these being snacks but more like emergency foods.

Other quick emergency or grab and go foods I'll keep in my birth bag are pouches of olives from Trader Joes, some sort of compliant meat stick, boiled eggs and... I dunno. I'm open to ideas.

Now to figure out this forum. If y'all don't hear back from me, I've lost my way back to this thread. Hopefully it's easy but if not, would you please find me?

thanks

Let's do this ladies!  

For me, accountability keeps me on track.  I'll need you guys to keep me in check!  I'd be happy,to do the same for you or whatever you need!  I have three little ones at home (7, 4, 1) and I'm nervous about how to make this work for us as a family while keeping everyone happy and sane.  We mostly eat real food so I'm not too worried about sugar.  It's dairy and breads for me.  I'm also worried about exercise.  I do cross fit 5x a week.  I am nervous about having to scale back bc lack of energy at first.  Worth it though in the long run though, right?? I have 10lbs I want off and I just want a better relationship with food.  Not eat healthy two weeks...binge a few days...repeat.

I'm happy that you girls want to help me and hopefully we can all help each other! 

5 hours ago, crunchymidwife said:

Would love to horn in on the accountability:)  1st round starting 1/1/17. Can I play in your sandbox?

I'm planning to continue reading the book, pre-cook a chicken and make some yummy bone broth tomorrow. I'll use it to flavor recipes and fill in any hunger gaps, pangs that rear up.

I'm a super simple foodie. I hate cooking really so the plan is to stick to a few known variations.

For breakfast...eggs, chia pudding with fruit and maybe some mini crustless quiches to freeze for grab n go mornings or birth freak outs:)  Baby's happen and I have got to plan to succeed on those unpredictable times away from home.

Lunches, quick veggies (fried up in Ghee) and a protein like tuna with homemade mayo or sardines (yuk I know but I love 'em:).  I'll probably use a lot of dinner leftovers.

Dinners, I'll make something in the Instant Pot a few times a week and likely eat that several times during the week. Things that make me super happy are Mexican soup (made with my bone broth, chicken, salsa and then floating avocado), curry chicken over something noodley like spaghetti squash or spiraled zucchini, taco salad, BLT salad etc.  Will keep some compliant sausages and spicy mustard in the fridge for the jump and run nature of my work.

I planned a few ideas jic I have to slay a sugar dragon. Smoothie, dates and some cherry pistachio conglomerate that I found at Costco. I don' t plan on these being snacks but more like emergency foods.

Other quick emergency or grab and go foods I'll keep in my birth bag are pouches of olives from Trader Joes, some sort of compliant meat stick, boiled eggs and... I dunno. I'm open to ideas.

Now to figure out this forum. If y'all don't hear back from me, I've lost my way back to this thread. Hopefully it's easy but if not, would you please find me?

thanks

Wow! You have everything planned!  Great!

Hi everyone! I hope I'm not too late! Please count me in!!

My name is Hanna and I am a uni student studying psychology because I want to help people living with eating disorders.

My quick story why I'm starting the whole30:

I want to manage my cravings and gain a healthy relationship with food. For the past 3 months I've been repeating this deadly cycle of dieting: attempting to fast --> failure --> treat self with "forbidden foods" like cookies, cakes, peanut butter sandwiches convincing self this would be the last meal --> extreme guilt --> failure, which has resulted me in massive weight gain! 

I'm embarking on the whole30 journey to not only lose weight but to nourish my body and feel proud of myself.

As a side note I work at Wholefoods, which we're all about healthy eating :)

I'm also going to start an instagram account to track my progress @pretty365happy

3 minutes ago, pretty365happy said:

My name is Hanna and I am a uni student studying psychology because I want to help people living with eating disorders.

I want to manage my cravings and gain a healthy relationship with food. For the past 3 months I've been repeating this deadly cycle of dieting: attempting to fast --> failure --> treat self with "forbidden foods" like cookies, cakes, peanut butter sandwiches convincing self this would be the last meal --> extreme guilt --> failure, which has resulted me in massive weight gain! 

I'm embarking on the whole30 journey to not only lose weight but to nourish my body and feel proud of myself.

I'm also going to start an instagram account to track my progress @pretty365happy

Ok! Already following 

Hi - can I join in too? I tried the program earlier in the year, but got whacked with a terrible case of the flu and ended up going off program. I'm ready to try again and looking forward to having some buddies to walk the path with me. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

I will be starting on 5th. We've been away over Christmas so I want enough time to get ready for this. We eat fairly healthily anyway so I'm hoping this won't be a terrible shock to my system, but I have to admit, I've indulged a bit this last couple of weeks. Pasta is my weakness. The rest shouldn't be too difficult to give up. My husband isn't doing this with me but one of my two house mates intends to. 

I'm hoping to get a few meals done in the slow cooker so that I can freeze and use throughout the next few weeks. Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Hi @tdg and @emily_suki !!

Great to have more people on this forum :)

I'll be visiting this page often to reply and say hello as I found having a support system greatly boosts the rate of success (and also it's fun talking to people), so if anyone has anything to say please don't hesitate to contribute.

I'm going to go to Wholefoods in 30 minutes to get some shopping done for the New Years party tomorrow!

Hi everyone,

Glad to see so many 'planners' in the group, as planning seems to be what helps me the most. I've finished one Whole 30, which was 2 years ago, and have begun numerous others but keep getting off track. I can't afford to do that anymore as my weight is beginning to affect my health. I'll get up tomorrow morning, weigh and measure, (then put away the scale), and make a huge breakfast of scrambled eggs and fresh spinach. (I usually have sweet potatoes on a whole 30, but I'd like to find out how starches affect me during reintroduction. Seems like I bloat when I eat starches.)

I cooked a huge batch of chicken, but need to freeze it up with some vegetables for a quick meal. 

See you over on FB!

On 12/31/2016 at 4:48 AM, pretty365happy said:

Hi Pretty365Happy:  Since we've got your ear...can you please oh please tell Whole Foods to get the canola out of everything on the hot bar because it's generally a health hazard?  I say it every time but I'm sure it's corporate.   I hate that I can't eat there...whole30 or not. I won't eat the stuff. Makes me sad cuz it all looks so good.  :)  Thanks!!

On 31/12/2016 at 3:32 AM, crunchymidwife said:

chia pudding with fruit

Hi Ladies (at least I *think* you're all ladies!!)

Just catching up with this thread and spotted mention of chia pudding. Yes, it's technically compliant, but tends to be fruit & fat heavy, and doesn't really meet the recommended meal template of 1-2 palm sized pieces of protein, 1-3cups of veg (with 3 being optimal 'cos what we really mean is FILL your plate with veg), and a generous serving of fat. THe thing is is we're really trying to get you to think differently about food here, and chia pudding is *kind of* a replacement for yoghurt or cereal..... Try to start thinking in terms of meals 1, 2 & 3 and you'll find the world is your oyster - and yup, oysters are always an option!!

Anyone looking for grab & go options might find that things like blended soups with a serving of wings/drumsticks/meatballs on the side will work well, or some kind of say chicken/tuna wrap - using steamed cabbage leaves or lettuce leaves for the wrap.... or egg/veg muffins work well, as does a huge slice of frittata...

Hope this helps! :)

Started Jan 2 also, this is my second Whole30-just sent request for your FB group! Have some great recipes and reccos if it's your first time and looking for more & accountability, community on a smaller level than the entire forum (which was/is helpful for me as well)!

Hi all, I'm a little late to chime in, but I started yesterday. I binged on pop tarts late Sunday night and I felt like crap yesterday morning. I definitely have a sensitivity to gluten. Feel great this morning and was especially happy that I didn't have a sweet craving last night. That may not last, but I hope it does. 

I've given up flour and sugar when I was in a 12 step program several times. The sugar cravings never went away, even after 6 weeks of no flour, no sugar (and significant weight loss). I suspect that artificial sweeteners are to blame. I love my iced tea with sweet-n-low. Oh well, that's gone now!

I chose Whole30 this time because the food and non-food requirements of the 12 step program were beyond me, at least at this time. But I saw long-term "recovery" from food addiction in many members there, so I know that abstaining from flour and sugar leads to ongoing weight loss / maintenance. I'm a convert to no flour, no sugar! What I like about Whole30 is that there is no measuring! I know what a normal amount of food is, especially after weighing and measuring many meals in the 12 step program, so I am confident I won't overeat during meals. I eat until I am full, and then stop. 

i'm a bit worried about being hungry between meals. :) 

Looking forward to building this community and being held accountable!

Archived