First time January start...

Becka in Addis

Hi, I am doing the Whole 30 for the first time on January first. I would love to find a small group of people who want to share experiences with and hold each other accountable.

I want to do the whole 30 to learn to manage my cravings for sugar and carbs and to increase energy and decrease mood swings. I want to prove to myself I can do it.

I live in a place where I have access to cheap fresh produce! Now is the time to do this!

Excited to join this community!! 

Hi Becka!

I'd love to join your group!

My name is Hanna and I am a uni student studying psychology because I want to help people living with eating disorders.

I'm going to start the whole30 on Jan 1 (hence prep shop tomorrow) because I want to manage my cravings also and regain a healthy relationship with food. For the past 3 months I've been repeating this deadly cycle of dieting: attempting to fast --> failure --> treat self with "forbidden foods" like cookies, cakes, peanut butter sandwiches convincing self this would be the last meal --> extreme guilt --> failure, which has resulted me in massive weight gain! 

I'm embarking on the whole30 journey in order to not only lose weight but to gain a healthy relationship with food and feel proud of myself.

This won't be an easy journey but having an accountability buddy would be a great help :)

I'm in!!! Jan 1st. Got my shopping done and prepared my pantry.  Looking forward to getting control over cravings and turning to life-filling things instead of food when I'm stressed out!

Shoot ...just saw the comment about a facebook support group. I dont have facebook, anyone want to use IG for support?  

I'm in for the January start.  I could use support and accountability......got healthy 3 years ago but lost my motivation over the past 1 year.  Looking forward to finding out what foods are truly sucking life out of me and ridding myself of them!  Here's to a healthy new year

First time for me!  Starting on Monday (the 2nd). 

Love the idea of a support group.....will need it for sure. I'm doing this Whole30 to feel better. I want to feel energized and light on my feet again. No more arthritic pain because I weigh too much!  I want to get my priorities in check......food for fuel not for comfort!  I have my first granddaughter and I want to feel well enough to get in the floor (mainly get up from the floor....lol) and play with her. 

Excited.....nervous.....worried, 

Amy

Hi, my name is Janet and I'd like to join this group. I am 52 years old and have been feeling poorly for at least 5 years. Consistent weight gain, decreased energy, aches and pains and thyroid issues. I definitely have been using food for comfort. I feel like, as I approach retirement, that I won't be able to enjoy it due to my health. I have also been drinking too much alcohol and am actually excited to be dry for at least 30 days. This will be very hard to me as our social life revolves around drinking. At least, being January, I can just hole up with the cold and snow and not be too social for awhile.

Anyway, I started this morning with a cup of coffee with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. I am a 1/2&1/2 lover so this was definitely different for me.

I CAN DO THIS !!!!!

I'd love to join. I read the book and did my shopping yesterday. Going to the Chargers/KC game which is a six hour event so I'm so glad I did my research. Having breakfast at home and picking up Chipotle carnitas, guacamole, lettuce and salsa. Excited. 

Good morning!

I would love to join your support group.  Today is my official start date for the whole 30.  I'm SOOOO excited, nervous, and hopeful all the same time.  Food continues to be the ultimate struggle for me.  I hoping through whole 30 find out what foods affect me negatively.  This is my first time starting the whole 30.  I was a little skeptical in having a support group, but I realize my method in the past hasn't worked.  Looking forward to being apart of the group so we can all help each other!!

If you'd like to follow me on Instagram: missbrown1026

I just started following a few of you on Instagram.  Mowerfam for some reasons I couldn't find you.

I also just requested to be apart of our FB group.  Just need approval :)

About to start my morning coffee with coconut milk.......

Archived