First time January start...

Becka in Addis

2 hours ago, AmyNellBrown said:

First time for me!  Starting on Monday (the 2nd). 

Love the idea of a support group.....will need it for sure. I'm doing this Whole30 to feel better. I want to feel energized and light on my feet again. No more arthritic pain because I weigh too much!  I want to get my priorities in check......food for fuel not for comfort!  I have my first granddaughter and I want to feel well enough to get in the floor (mainly get up from the floor....lol) and play with her. 

Excited.....nervous.....worried, 

Amy

I'm with you on that -- in need of support and nervous/worried too, but thinking I CAN do this.  YOU can do it too!

I am starting today, too! 

My name is Stephanie. I'm looking to Whole30 for a few things: I would like to start eating more whole, nourishing foods. I haven't been treating my body very great lately, and often feel lousy as a result. I would also like to break the habit of calorie counting and tracking everything - it is exhausting! Another big reason for me is the need to stop drinking.  The Whole30 program seems like just the kick in the pants to get me to do it.

Best of luck! Looking forward to a healthy January. :)

Day 1 for me too - feeling hopeful and excited to get healthy. My biggest obstacle is going to be cutting out alcohol. That sounds bad, but I really like to relax with a rum and diet coke at the end of the day. And of course, having a drink releases my food inhibitions and the next thing I know, my husband and I are baking a pizza at 9:30 pm. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi Everyone!

I start tomorrow, Jan. 2

Excited and nervous. Really looking forward to feeling better.

I would also like to be a part of a support group of newbies who hold each other accountable and share ideas, success, good and bad experiences.

Please tell me which FB group name is the correct one.

We got this!

Pretikiti,

I totally know where you are coming from. A glass of wine to relax leads to another and then bad food choices. Just returned from an extended trip in México which means way too many margaritas and tortillas. No alcohol for awhile will be very good for me !!!!! But admittedly hard. Cheese will be my other rough spot. I'm ready to feel better though !!!!

Hi everyone! It's nice to virtually meet you all! This is my 3rd Whole 30, but I'm in desperate need of a reset. I saw great results from the first two, but after moving halfway across the country about 18 months ago, starting a new job, and the stresses that come with it, I've fallen back into bad food and exercise habits. Looking forward to a fresh new start in 2017! Would love to join the FB group too, I need the accountability! :)

Jenn

Hello everyone! 

This is my first time doing Whole30. I've gotten my fiancé on board as well, but I think having a support group will benefit me as well. I searched FB and was unable to find the group. What's it called? 

I am super excited to begin whole30 tomorrow (01/02) but still nervous and I believe I'm also rather intimidated. Like a few of you have said, I tend to be successful with starvation diets and then I slip up and then I feel like I've failed, and gain additional weight as a result. I need a new lifestyle! Ahh!!

Thanks for the support! 

Meghan

Hi, I would also like to join your group. My first Whole30. I am turning 50 this year  and I hope to give myself a healthier body and lifestyle!  I love wine and I know this will be my biggest challenge. I am hoping to reset myself and gain more energy. I am also a big stress eater, and salty snacks are my go to.  Anyway, I am excited, but scared, and I just want to get started day one, tomorrow (1/2)!  

Hi All - 

I'm starting my first Whole 30 later this week, probably 1/7.  I have an event on January 6th.  However I would love to join you all in providing support for one another and keeping each other accountable.  I really need to improve my relationship with food and shed some weight.  Good to meet you all!  

Hi everyone,

I too have started today and think the accountability aspect is important!  I would love to be a part of this group as well!  

My motivation is health and I could stand to lose easily 20 lbs.  I am very curious to see how it will affect me from a fatigue and pain perspective. 

looking forward to the results after 30 days.

C'Lee

Good Morning. Today is R1D2 for me. It was hard not to weigh myself out of habit but as per the rules state, I will not weigh myself until Feb. 1. Drinking my coconut milk/coffee and still not sure what I think of it. Other than that, my day went well yesterday. No snacks. Three hearty Whole 30 meals. For me, the first 5 days always go well with any plan and then I lose my stamina. That's when I'll need support.:( I am off work until the 6th and have a very stressful job (charge of a busy ER at the trauma center) where I do some serious stress snacking. My other big challenge will be those days when things are too crazy for people to get an actual lunch break during the day. I get so hungry, I make terrible choices. I realize that PLANNING AHEAD will be the only way for me to succeed and to make a hard rule that if I didn't bring it, I CAN'T eat it.

Anyway, I know a lot of you are starting today so just want to sent encouraging thoughts. I love the FB page and the fact that it's such a small group on it.

Stay strong !!!!!!

1 hour ago, janai said:

Good Morning. Today is R1D2 for me. It was hard not to weigh myself out of habit but as per the rules state, I will not weigh myself until Feb. 1. Drinking my coconut milk/coffee and still not sure what I think of it. Other than that, my day went well yesterday. No snacks. Three hearty Whole 30 meals. For me, the first 5 days always go well with any plan and then I lose my stamina. That's when I'll need support.:( I am off work until the 6th and have a very stressful job (charge of a busy ER at the trauma center) where I do some serious stress snacking. My other big challenge will be those days when things are too crazy for people to get an actual lunch break during the day. I get so hungry, I make terrible choices. I realize that PLANNING AHEAD will be the only way for me to succeed and to make a hard rule that if I didn't bring it, I CAN'T eat it.

Anyway, I know a lot of you are starting today so just want to sent encouraging thoughts. I love the FB page and the fact that it's such a small group on it.

Stay strong !!!!!!

Hi Janai- the coconut milk and coffee may just grow on you! It took me a bit my first Whole 30, but it's been one of those habits that's stuck with me ever since. :)

Cheers!
Jenn

Hi Dani :) You might find this Australia thread handy

Cyncruz - It can be tricky searching for two letter words, try using the full term and the section for Medical Conditions on the forum has lots of info for those with medical needs http://forum.whole30.com/forum/13-whole30-with-medical-conditions/ doctor's orders always trumps Whole30 rules :)

OK!  On R1D3 here.  After 2 nights of the most blissful sleep I've had in years, last night I did not get to sleep until 3AM.  Although I certainly suffer through periods of insomnia from time to time I usually wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. Last night I could not even get to sleep! Has this happened to any of you?  Otherwise, I am feeling very good, so far!  No headaches, thank goodness, and despite the lack of sleep, not feeling very fatigued this morning.

BO'Ring,

I have been sleeping great too though last night, I felt wide awake when I went to bed and it took me awhile to fall asleep. I think my body is used to falling asleep with the aid of wine. Not such a great thing I'm sure. No headaches for me and feeling good so far. !!!! R1D3.

R1D4 for me. I am loving the FB page. Is everyone on it ??? Sleeping very well and haven't been snacking at all. We are finding the meals very satisfying. I'm even getting used to coconut cream in my coffee so all in all, things are good.

Archived