Jan 2 Start Date!! :D

BH13

I'm starting tomorrow as a first timerl!!  So excited, but I have to admit I'm a little nervous.  Not because of will power but of making sure I don't slip up and eat something I'm not supposed to on accident.  I might just follow the 7-day meal plan to take some of the guesswork out of it in the beginning.

Hello my name is Pattii

I'm starting tomorrow January 2nd. I've done all my grocery shopping and I'm ready to begin. I would love any support and motivation that I can get. I have been on so many diets and nothing seems to work.  Almost all the diets I've been on include way too many carbs. So I'm hoping this is what I need. I suffer a great deal from arthritis in my knees, back and hands.  I'm 63 years old this month and have been overweight since I was 9 years old. I'm not sure if obesity is hereditary but my father's side of the family all tend to look like me.

I'm just hoping to be a healthier me in 2017.

Thank you

Hi Everyone!  Thanks for posting.  We are in good company.  I remember when I did the Whole30 2 years ago, I felt amazing afterwards.  I quickly went back to my old habits and now I'm back (actually, much worse than) to where I was before.  I listened to Melissa's new book on tape last week and I decided it's time for a reset.  For those of you who are new to Whole30, it's a great book.  The first time I did this I thought I had to live this way and it just wasn't sustainable for me.  Now I know it is a 30-90 day reset and I can bring foods back and see what foods I'm ok with and which I need to let go.  My sister did a full Whole30 for 14 months.  No cheats.  But when she went off it was bye bye W30.  I want to approach this with a healthier and more realistic mind set this time.  I remember feeling happy, sharp minded, emotionally stable and full of energy by week 3.  What we eat really does make a difference.

Something I missed during my 1st whole 30 until the end were sauces and dips.  Very important to include.  It keeps it fun.  In my opinion.

I'm grateful for all of you doing this the same time I am.  My hubby, Joe, is doing it with me too.  He's a great sport.

I'll be praying for you guys as  you begin day 1.  Tonight, I'm enjoying my Kombucha beer and prepping veggies for the week.  I will miss my beer.

Just sayin'.

Patti,  I have also done every diet under the sun.  I'm 54... age is starting to become felt.  I so relate to your struggle.  For whatever it's worth, this food plan (not diet- wink) will help your joint pain/arthritis.  Keep that goal in mind.  You will probably feel worse before you feel better, but that's just detox.  Honestly- my first week was tough.  Only time in my life I've ever been sugar free.  So worth it!  Excited to feel the tiger blood again.  You've got this, Patti!  Here's to health in 2017!

I'm starting tomorrow too! It's my first time and I am ready to go.  A little nervous about the first two weeks, but other than that I'm so prepared that I feel like I will be successful. I know this will explain hard so it's great to have this space to share and learn.

I'm starting the w30 tomorrow for the first time. I'm a little nervous about cutting out beer and cheese for 30 days, I really love good cheese.  I've had some problems with inflammation and my Pancreas, it can make me very sick, so I'm excited to get started and figure out what is causing it. I have the first week of meals figured out, but the hardest part will be having all the regular food around the house that the others will be eating. 

Whats the the best way to get support through the forum?

Good luck everyone,

Tim

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, audett2 said:

Whats the the best way to get support through the forum?

For just general day-to-day sharing of struggles, triumphs, suggestions, or whatever, you can all just keep coming back to this thread and posting. You can tag people if you want to address them directly by using the @ symbol followed by their user name -- a list should pop up as you type so you can choose the right person. Or you can quote any post as I did here by clicking quote at the bottom of that particular post.

If you have specific questions, you might find them answered before if you Google whole30 plus whatever you're wondering about, for instance if you're not sure a particular ingredient is okay. 

If you're wondering if you're doing this right, or have questions about meal timing or something that is specific to you or hasn't been answered before, post a new topic in whichever part of the forum seems appropriate with a specific subject line, and typically you'll get an answer within 24 hours, often much less.

Archived