starting tomorrow, Jan. 2! Two concerns, please advise.

lizdever88

My family is starting the plan tomorrow. Two things really concern me. How to have two teenage girls to follow this successfully (epecially lunches) and how I am going to make it without using xylitol and stevia in my coffee and iced green tea. I drink high quality loose organic tea and organic coffee with coconut milk and bulletproof oil. I just used to use a lot of sugar or splenda (yuk) so I trained my tastebuds to like it sweet. I am down to 1-2 xylitols.  Any ideas? Thanks so much, Liz88

• Moderators

I"m not sure I understand how to answer your questions.  If you don't like green tea without sweetener, try switching to a different drink entirely.  I'm not sure how it works with green tea but with coffee, the more quality the roast, the better the flavor without sugar, so if that's the same for green tea, maybe you can find a higher quality?  I personally like the crappy green tea they serve in sushi restaurants and I"ve never even considered that it needed sweetener.

As far as your teenagers, do they WANT to do the program?  Do you make and pack every meal they eat?  If they want to do it, then it's no different than anyone else doing it.... it can be a struggle but it's a worth it struggle.  If they don't want to do it but you're making them, then I suppose you would have to find a way to prevent them from getting their own off plan items with their own disposable income (I"m assuming they're mid teens)... 

Thanks for getting back. Unfortunately I am probably addicted to green tea- it is high quality. I "try" to drink tea, then a glass of filtered water, then tea but it is hard. It has been my only "cheat" when I am on healthy eating plans. I know it can be done, it is just very, very difficult. I enjoy kombucha too but I think our kind has too much sugar.

My girls are almost 18 and 15. My niece is running this whole 30 group and they said they want to do it with my husband and me. We eat fairly healthy- organic, non-gmo, etc but have had too many processed foods. One daughter is pretty picky. That is hard. I will make their breakfast and dinner and send lunches. It is hard enough organizing this for my husband and me. Adding picky teenagers makes it that much tougher. Please send positive thoughts!

Archived