Pinterest is making my meal planning much simpler!

1Maryann

At another member's suggestion, I joined Pinterest as a means of getting control of all my bookmarked recipes. I haven't had time to move many over yet, but as I find new ones I Pin them immediately, and I can find them much more easily.

I created Boards for Paleo Breakfasts, Beef Dishes, Poultry, Seafood, Misc recipes like almond milk and ghee, etc.

I can find what I want to make right away, and each one has a picture.

If you haven't tried it yet, and your good intentions of making some new things are getting foiled by an inability to find them when you need them, I highly recommend giving this a try.

I now stalk Derval on Pinterest, but I don't really know how to do much else. Oh, and how the heck do we pin something we like from another site like this one for example.

I would like your link to your boards as well. I am tired of ONLY stalking Derval. :)

I now stalk Derval on Pinterest, but I don't really know how to do much else. Oh, and how the heck do we pin something we like from another site like this one for example.

I would like your link to your boards as well. I am tired of ONLY stalking Derval. :)

At the top of the Pinterest page there are 3 links: Add, About, and Your Name. Hover over "About" and click the option for "Pin It Button". You can add the button to your browser. When you see an image you like (works best when it is the original source like a blog post), click the button and it will gather all of the images on that page. Then you pick the image you wish to pin and voila!

At the top of the Pinterest page there are 3 links: Add, About, and Your Name. Hover over "About" and click the option for "Pin It Button". You can add the button to your browser. When you see an image you like (works best when it is the original source like a blog post), click the button and it will gather all of the images on that page. Then you pick the image you wish to pin and voila!

Awesome Laura. Thank you! Off to creat a pin. :)

I hope you're not all giving me a be the hokee accent!

Oh my. What is a "be the hokee" accent? I lived in England for a year (Harrogate) and my first boyfriend was from Dublin. He had a wonderful accent and by the way..they all said I had an accent and would make fun of words that I said.

OMG..you can unfriend/follow someone/thing?

LOL Yes! On your homepage, it will say "Anna via Jan onto FOOOD!" (or whatever) under the pinned image. Click on the "FOOOD!" or the name of the board your friend pinned onto. There is a big red "Unfollow" button at the top under "Pinterest". Likewise, you can click on the person and "Unfollow All" from their board page!

Oh my. What is a "be the hokee" accent? I lived in England for a year (Harrogate) and my first boyfriend was from Dublin. He had a wonderful accent and by the way..they all said I had an accent and would make fun of words that I said.

"be the hokee" as in strong Oirish accent :)

I try..actually I don't..it's just my goofy (aka stewpid) humor. By the way, when I read your posts, I do it with an Irish accent. I wonder if everyone does that?

I do as well! That's funny. So glad I'm not the only one.

Oh, and I must ask--am I the only one who "unfollows" any boards that post a bunch of dessert and pasta??

Nope, you are not.

I still have a few recipes from before I switched to paleo on my boards, but I've tried to clean them out. I lost a few followers when I deleted whole boards I had that were full of the other foods. I will still post a few non-paleo things from time to time, but for the most part mine are all paleo friendly now.

Archived