Better now than never, started Jan 1

Monique 40

Good luck to both of you!  I'm starting today as well.  I have suffered for years with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, tendonitis and osteoporosis (even though I'm not that old) and am looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and hopefully feeling better.  I quit smoking in July and this is step 2 to a better me!  My husband is supposed to be joining  me but as I was cleaning out the pantry and the fridge, I realized that won't happen.  He'll eat the meals I make but he won't commit to all the rest of the day :)  I'm going to do this anyway! 

I also started on the 1st. During September/October I took several rounds of antibiotics for various reasons. I don't believe I even needed 2 of them. Beacause of that I have a yeast infection in my gut that is difficult to get rid of. I haven't been myself for months. I have no energy and generally don't feel well. Im hoping this helps get rid of my infection so I can feel better and get back to life as normal. 

Hi all! We started January 1st as well! This is my round 3, and 1st for my husband. We are healthy eaters but after having a baby and moving to another state our eating habits have not been the best, now that our baby is one and eats each meal with us, we want her  to be healthy and eat good foods.  Whole30 changed my life, I lost weight, my acne cleared and I learned about food so I know it works, and I love it! 

Good luck to all of you, I'll share our food log here, share yours for inspiration: )

Day 1:

M1 scrambled eggs with onion5and tomatoes in ghee with a Portobello mushroom.

M2. Butternut squash in coconut milk, salad with olive oil and sardines

M3. Smoked salmon, broccoli, banana and nuts.

4 hours ago, Cyncruz said:

Good luck to both of you!  I'm starting today as well.  I have suffered for years with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, tendonitis and osteoporosis (even though I'm not that old) and am looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and hopefully feeling better.  I quit smoking in July and this is step 2 to a better me!  My husband is supposed to be joining  me but as I was cleaning out the pantry and the fridge, I realized that won't happen.  He'll eat the meals I make but he won't commit to all the rest of the day :)  I'm going to do this anyway! 

Ha ha! I'm starting today, too.  Your comment about your husband sounds just like mine, lol! 

I started on the 1st as well. This is my official 2nd Whole 30, as I did a "Whole56" back in August, then on and off until the holidays (mostly on.) I'm SO excited to start again, as I found the holiday eating started making me feel really bad. I'm posting in various forums, hoping this will make me more accountable and to connect with others doing the same thing!

When I did this before, I had a meltdown on day three, like just so emotional.  Since tomorrow is my day three, I hope that doesn't happen again!  I think that was the sugar dragon rearing its ugly head!

Today I'm having the Italian Meatball Soup out of the new Whole 30 cookbook (with kale instead of swiss chard.)  It's fantastic!  

Can't wait to start feeling that tiger blood once more. So nice to have this place to connect to fellow Whole30ers!

Archived