Digestive Enzymes--Should I quit taking them and see if Whole30 heals me?

Melissa Dahmer

I am beginning my Whole30 a week from today, and have a question about the current supplements I'm taking. I've had stomach issues since I can remember (gas, bloating, CONSTIPATION), but as of the last year, things have been pretty good. Not great, but good. Every day I take a probiotic (Hyperbiotics Pro-15 Advanced Strength), drink a 1/2 cup of plain kefir, and take digestive enzymes with each meal (I used to take the NOW brand of these enzymes, but have since switched to Zenwise Labs Advanced Digestive Enzymes). I attribute my things being "pretty good" to the daily addition of these three things to my diet. However, I am wondering if I should go into the Whole30 sans the two supplements (the kefir is obviously out), and see if the program itself doesn't help me. Can someone please provide me with some guidance?

• 2 months later...

What did you end up doing? How did it turn out?

I've recently added (in the past year) probiotics to my routine. If I'm honest, I'm terrible at remembering to take pills, but have meant to start them up again. I think it'll be easier to remember, since I'm putting so much thought into what's going into my body this month. 

Would you hold off, or start all good habits at once?

Archived