SUGAR SWEET CRAVINGS

KLOJEAN

8 minutes ago, KLOJEAN said:

So I start today and I am worried about in the afternoon when i get my sweet cravings what do people eat??? Any suggestions?

Part of this program is to get that snack habit and sugar craving STOPPED.  It is a battle with the sugar dragon for sure, but worth it.  Ideally, the answer is NOTHING, when it comes to what you eat for afternoon snack.  It sounds odd, but I read a tip from someone else that actually works for me to stop that sugar crave - a taste of organic coconut oil. If I had so measure, I'd say I put about a third of a regular spoon of coconut oil in my mouth when I tried it. Distraction is also a major help.  Get up, go do something to take your mind off your craving. 

If you follow the meal template AND make sure your meals are large enough, you won't need to snack as you will be able to go at least 4 hours between meals. 

If you are genuinely hungry between meals, eats mini meal of protein and fat-and/or veggies. 

Not snacking is the best way to diminish sugar cravings. Making sure you have your fats at each meal is also essential. As @C_Cezeaux notes, fat has a way of short circuiting the desire for sugar. 

If you're a total snack monster right now, mini template meals are the way to go.

What's a mini meal? It's where your ratios are just like a template meal, only your portion is snack sized.

If you're really struggling, I'd avoid fruit in your mini meals, stick to protein, fat and veggies :)

Make sure you're staying well hydrated, too. I've found that always making sure I have lots of cold water handy helps with the desire to put snack. I also find that if I have some flavoring in the water (lemon, cucumber, I even put apple cider vinegar in small amounts in my water) it helps distract a sugar craving since it's so refreshing. If you're like carbonated beverages, try la Croix.

Archived