no magic three weeks in

sharbear

I don't have any major health issues, I am not overweight and I already ate pretty well so what I was looking for was the better sleep, an afternoon energy boost and maybe redistribution of weight. Nothing. I did not have any trouble in the beginning with flu-like symptoms either so maybe I'm just the odd-man out.

The only thing I can think of that may be holding me back is that I take HRT and thats not going to change. I know hormones are a hot button topic but that is the only prescription med I take and I need it because I'm 70 years old and have pre-osteoporosis.

I've stuck to program, eat three meals a day, exercise regularly at home and weight lift with a trainer 2X a week. Am I expecting too much?

Any ideas or suggestions will be jumped on.

Goals - more energy, better sleep, get rid of muffin top.

Breakfast - salmon salad made with wild salmon, homemade mayo, walnuts put in lettuce or pepper cups ( every morning0

Lunch - usually something left from dinner, today it was a chicken thigh and homemade applesauce (no sugar)

Dinner - protein, vegetables, salad (homemade dressing) ice tea made with green tea. Last night was chicken thighs cooked on the grill, baked sweet potato fries with olive oil and rosemary and lettuce and tomatoes. I eat vey little fruit, wild blueberries with almond milk and homemade applesauce when I have apples in my CSA maybe one serving three times a week.

I belong to a CSA and have tons of local fresh produce. I eat very little

No one can comment on prescribed HRTs unless they've lived through a series of hot flashes. It's also the only med I'm on and it's to combat osteo from previous meds/illness. I understand that sleep is integral to the paleo diet...I've been on that for 21 days prior to signing up for the whole 9. Post menopausal sleep is almost impossible to restore without some outside help to kickstart the process. Two little known but amazing herbal aids are tinctures of oat seed and then of mother wort. Start with oat seed in evening, add a dropper full to late night tea. You might need to have two cups at first .iTs a matter of retraining the body and brain . Our bodies won't lose the muffin squish until we rest and play

Archived