Beginning the Second Half

lhfrommelt

This will be my third W30.  I have done one a year the last two years.  It is a great reset for me both mentally and physically. This year I turn 50 which brings a whole new motivation.  I intend to start my second half feeling my best.  In addition I am training for a marathon that I will run in a couple months.  This is not my first so I am confident that I can make W30 work while training.  Really hoping this feeling of motivation lasts and lasts.

Day 1

Meal 1 - 2 eggs/3 egg whites, spinach, mushroom, asparagus, onion and tomato cooked up in olive oil, salt and pepper

Meal 2 - grilled chicken salad, cucumber, tomato, mushroom, hard boiled egg, balsamic vinaigrette

Meal 3 - Cold Thai salad (W30 recipe), grilled shrimp

Of course water, water and more water. 

Day 1 was spent prepping for the week.  Thankfully my family likes a lot of the W30 dinner meals so I can cook for us all and have left overs for breakfast and lunch.  Just one day of eating whole foods has me feeling better.  Not sure why I ever let myself go off the rails.

Day 2

Meal 1 - 2 eggs/3 egg whites, spinach, mushroom, asparagus, onion and tomato cooked up in OO, salt and pepper. (I am one of those OK with eating the same thing every day)  Tried a little coconut milk in my coffee as I have seen so many trying.  It was OK, I am a black coffee drinker so this may be something to keep in mind when I really need to have something new.

Meal 2 - Left over Cold Thai salad with grilled shrimp and hard boiled egg.  Apple with almond butter.

Meal 3 - Chicken Meat Balls (W30 recipe) with Sunshine Sauce (W30 recipe) and spinach/arugula, mushrooms, cucumber salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette (W30).

Planning my meals in the morning really helps with the day.  I tend to eat what is in the house and do not find myself off track as easily.

Day 2 came and went without issue.  I find that I am not hungry by dinner which is normal for me.  Power through it anyway so I do not wake ravenous.  Lessons learned from previous W30.  Already a bit anxious for the weekend as those are the days that are less structured.  Woke this morning feeling good.  Let's hope this last all day.

Day 3

Meal 1 - 2 eggs/3 egg whites, mushroom, asparagus, onion, jalapeno cooked in OO, salt and pepper.  Coffee

Meal 2 - Egg (3) salad make with W30 mayo, cucumber, apple and almond butter.

Meal 3 - Chicken salad, cucumber, mushroom, tomato, beets W30 balsamic vinaigrette.

May change up today's menu depending on timing of grocery run.  Have other options in house.  Left over chicken meatballs are always a good go to.  May need to add a bit of sweet potato and green veggies (broccoli or green beans perhaps).

Day 3 was great.  Hard to food habits.  Wanting to eat things although not hungry at all.  Good news, no real craving for that delicious glass of wine at the end of the day.  Obviously just habit at this point.  Made some changes to meals.  Ended up with Chicken salad at lunch and tacos for dinner.  Tacos make for an easy family diner when we are all on different schedules.  Need to get through left overs today before cooking anything new.

Woke this morning at 4 feeling rested so just got up and started my day.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out with meal timing and bedtime tonight.

Day 4

Meal 1 - 1 egg/5 egg whites, mushroom, spinach, asparagus, onion cooked in OO, salt and pepper, topped with salsa and guacamole. Coffee

Meal 2 - Chicken Meatballs with Cold Thai Salad

Meal 3 - Taco salad, W30 taco meat, tomato, mixed greens, salsa, guacamole

Today may require a snack or two.  Apples and almond butter on hand as well as carrots, bananas, hard boiled eggs, oranges.....

Day 4 was uneventful.  I feel so lucky that I do not experience the extreme physical discomfort others seem to have.  Even energy levels already setting in.  Despite getting up at 4 am yesterday I was still feeling good at 9:00 when I had to pick daughter up.  Hope this continues as it is one of my favorite parts of W30.  Not sure why I let this fall to the side!  I will be challenged to not have wine/beer this weekend, football playoffs begin and it is so habitual to drink and watch my team.  Plan to have W30 snacks out to keep myself in check and will treat myself to a kombucha or two:)  While I am trying not to use food/beverage as a "treat" I need to be realistic with my life and not set myself up to fail.  Ended up eating the leftover meatballs for both M2 and M3 (green salad, cucumber, tomato, mushroom and 1/2 avacado).  Also, did snack in the late afternoon at daughters basketball game.  I knew I would eat dinner later than usual and did not want to arrive home with a completely empty stomach.

Day 5

Meal 1 - 1 egg/3 egg whites, mushroom, spinach, asparagus, onion cooked in OO, salt and pepper, topped with avocado and salsa.  Coffee

Meal 2 - Taco salad, W30 meat, lettuce, tomato, guacomole/avocado.  Perhaps cook up some yam to go with.

Meal 3 - Grilled Lemon Chicken Thighs, grilled asparagus, green salad, cauliflower rice.

Day 5 brought in an interesting "aha" moment.  I was driving and thinking about Friday night...so wanted to meet my husband at our local restaurant for a glass of wine and catch up.  I was negotiating with myself that I would "just have wine and stick to food plan" when I started to feel extremely anxious (which normally would lead to eating or drinking, thank goodness I was driving:)  I turned the radio off and decided just feel the anxiety (I read this somewhere) and see where it took me.  Several deep breaths and I felt better with the realization that this is NOT a punishment, it is just what needs to happen to feel better ALL the time.  Of course I can have a glass of wine ANY time I want, but tonight was not going to be the night.  After a wonderful dinner and a couple hours of Hand and Foot with the kids (husband enjoying his wine, LOL) I went to bed feeling really good and satisfied.  On to another day.....

Day 6

Meal 1 - Grilled Lemon Chicken Thighs, cauliflower rice, sliced tomato and 1/2 avocado with a dollop of W30 mayo (delish!)

Meal 2 - Grilled Lemon Chicken salad, mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, mushroom, W30 Balsamic Vinaigrette

Meal 3 - Sweet potato "Pancake", shredded SP with onion, carrots, cooked in Ghee with either eggs or pork sausage.  Grilled asparagus.

Dinner may change completely as it is Game Day People!  GO HAWKS!

Archived