praxisproject

Are you new here? Welcome!

Is this your first Whole30? This is what it's all about

http://whole30.com/new/

There are lots of PDF downloads to help you out

http://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/ including the fabulous Meal Planning Template

Not sure what you can have? Whole30 Rules & Can I Have...

You'll also find great info searching in the forum section Can I have...?

http://forum.whole30.com/forum/6-can-i-have-___/

Did you know there's Rules AND Recommendations?

http://whole30.com/2015/01/rules-recommendations/

It's early now, but bookmark the Timeline, it's really great http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Really want to complete your Whole30, might want to read this now - Do I really have to start over?

http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

Welcome B) you've totally got this!

This is my second Whole 30 but it's my first trying to follow the program alone. Last time I also did not know as much and did not follow the website.  This time I am on day four and feeling great! I worked out twice today and kept up with my Whole 30 approved snacks and meals. Yesterday I did over indulge on nuts at one point so I've been trying to keep myself in check today.

Hello. I am on day 9 of my first round ever. I am loving it but also wondering if I am doing something wrong as I feel good. I am eating a lot and learning as much as I can as I go but haven't hit any of the timeline predictions. What's up with that?

thanks for all the great links!

On 1/10/2017 at 7:59 AM, colleen lowe said:

Hello. I am on day 9 of my first round ever. I am loving it but also wondering if I am doing something wrong as I feel good. I am eating a lot and learning as much as I can as I go but haven't hit any of the timeline predictions. What's up with that?

thanks for all the great links!

The timeline is just a general guideline. Some people follow it pretty closely the whole way through, some don't. Be glad you haven't had the rough days in the beginning some people experience, and just keep going.

Hi!

Today is Day 20 for my husband and I.  He feels great and so do I!  One of his many non-scale victories is he can button some of his smaller shirts and his clothes are fitting better overall. The biggest non-scale victory for me is my blood pressure went down over 20 points!! 

Love Whole30!

On 1/21/2017 at 10:50 AM, Michelle Stan said:

Hi!

Today is Day 20 for my husband and I.  He feels great and so do I!  One of his many non-scale victories is he can button some of his smaller shirts and his clothes are fitting better overall. The biggest non-scale victory for me is my blood pressure went down over 20 points!! 

Love Whole30!

Thanks for sharing. Making health a priority is a wonderful NSV. 

This is my first time doing the Whole30. Today is Day 9 for me. I signed for the Daily30 emails and the support has been helping a lot. I know I'm going to make it all the way through to Day 30 without cheating. I'm taking it one day at a time instead from the viewpoint of "this is so hard" and "there are so many things I cannot eat" for the next 30 days. I see this as an exciting journey where I'm doing something good for my health and I love it. More importantly, I love me and I want to take good care of myself. Thank you for this program. :D 

Hello, this is day 28 of my first Whole 30.  I feel amazing !!  My biggest dragon was sugar.  I LOVE doughnuts but, I know I won't be a slave to them ever again.  I have followed well-known trainers and their eating plans without success.  First thing I realized was, I was not eating enough after working out and really through out the day.  Long story short I have lost weight and inches-don't know how much yet as I haven't weighed or measured, but my clothes tell the story and my co-workers have mentioned it.  I eat great food and am so thankful for finding this reset. :D

Hello,

Gosh, I've never been in forum.  I'm fumbling my way around.  Today is day 23 of my first Whole 30.  I thought I was doing everything perfect until I just read the bottle of Ghee I've been using.  I was about to enter what I've eaten today on the fitbit site and noticed that it had milk in it.  I've read every darn label on everything but assumed this was just "clarified butter".  Does this mean my 23 days don't count and I have to set reset tomorrow? :-(

1 hour ago, Gayla733 said:

Hello,

Gosh, I've never been in forum.  I'm fumbling my way around.  Today is day 23 of my first Whole 30.  I thought I was doing everything perfect until I just read the bottle of Ghee I've been using.  I was about to enter what I've eaten today on the fitbit site and noticed that it had milk in it.  I've read every darn label on everything but assumed this was just "clarified butter".  Does this mean my 23 days don't count and I have to set reset tomorrow? :-(

Ghee is clarified butter (the big difference is that it's cooked longer to allow the milk solids to brown before it's strained, giving it a different flavor than regular clarified butter). It will list butter and sometimes milk as ingredients, or might have an allergen statement listing milk. It's fine.

Using a calorie tracker, on the other hand, is not really a great idea during Whole30 -- more information on that here: http://whole30.com/2016/01/tracking/

HI YA, Yes I am new here.  I hope I gain lots of valuable life information...I love the whole30 so far.  Started Feb 2, ground hogs day so if I mess up in can do it over and over.  It's not a diet it's a way of life.  MontanaPearl <><

Hello, I'm on day 1!  I'm excited, because this looks like something that I can actually stick to!  I have to say that I found it a little odd that I didn't have to upload my profile picture.. I guess it grabbed one from my google?

34 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I guess it grabbed one from my google?

That depends how you registered/signed in - I know some folk sign in via Facebook so it automatically takes your profile pic from there...

Welcome!

Hi All,

I am new to this forum; however, I just completed my first Whole30.  I was feeling a lot better, but even though I wasn't supposed to focus on weight loss, it was always in the back of my mind.  I decided a week ago, BTW, that I would be continuing for a Whole90!

Anyway, I got on the scale this morning (day 31) to find that I had only lost 8 lbs.  I am only 5 feet tall and was 205 pounds when I started-HUGE.  I expected to lose at least 10 lbs and so I am very disappointed.  I am trying to fight the feeling of disappointment, but I cannot seem to do that right now.  I have always had a weight issue and in my lifetime of 58 years I have lost and gained at least 280 lbs. so I am sure this has had a negative impact on my metabolism.   I cannot do high impact exercise due to arthritis in my knees and spine as well as disc herniation and degeneration at L4-L5 and L5-S1.  

I want to continue eating clean like this and I certainly have experienced other improvements in my health, but I cannot stop feeling this sense of defeat and disappointment.  Is there any way I can continue on the Whole30 and continue to lose a substantial amount of weight weight?

PLEASE help me...

49 minutes ago, malamusa said:

Hi All,

I am new to this forum; however, I just completed my first Whole30.  I was feeling a lot better, but even though I wasn't supposed to focus on weight loss, it was always in the back of my mind.  I decided a week ago, BTW, that I would be continuing for a Whole90!

Anyway, I got on the scale this morning (day 31) to find that I had only lost 8 lbs.  I am only 5 feet tall and was 205 pounds when I started-HUGE.  I expected to lose at least 10 lbs and so I am very disappointed.  I am trying to fight the feeling of disappointment, but I cannot seem to do that right now.  I have always had a weight issue and in my lifetime of 58 years I have lost and gained at least 280 lbs. so I am sure this has had a negative impact on my metabolism.   I cannot do high impact exercise due to arthritis in my knees and spine as well as disc herniation and degeneration at L4-L5 and L5-S1.  

I want to continue eating clean like this and I certainly have experienced other improvements in my health, but I cannot stop feeling this sense of defeat and disappointment.  Is there any way I can continue on the Whole30 and continue to lose a substantial amount of weight weight?

PLEASE help me...

If you continue eating Whole30 style, making your meals match the meal template, you will continue to improve your health, and you will almost certainly also lose weight as you get healthier, although it may not be as fast as you would like. However, losing weight slowly while eating in a way that is sustainable means you won't yo-yo, losing and gaining and losing over and over again.

Losing a pound a week is not bad. Keep doing that and in a year, you'll have lost 50 lbs. Focus on the other improvements you've seen. List them somewhere -- actually write them down -- and when you feel discouraged, refer back to your list. Add to the list over time, if you experience new improvements. If you have trouble getting started, here's a handy checklist you can print off and mark the ones you've experienced.

Remember that the more time you've spent dieting, gaining and losing weight, restricting your calories, the longer it is going to take to really heal from that. I know that it's frustrating, and I know that you want to lose weight as quickly as possible, but think about your experiences with other diets. You've lost weight on them, sure, but it sounds like you weren't able to maintain that weight loss -- therefore they didn't really work. A successful diet not only helps you lose the weight initially, it helps you maintain a healthy weight and a healthy lifestyle. Try something new. Ditch the scale, focus on non-scale victories and on eating healthy foods that will nourish your body and make you healthier.