praxisproject

Are you new here? Welcome!

Yes, I'm following the meal template, I'm eating a wide varity of veggies, drinking plenty of water. As for the salt I salt but not over more than likely I under salt because of a life style of my husbands high blood pressure. I always have breakfast within 1 hour of getting up then go for my 2 mile walk within 30 to 45 minutes after breakfast. Any other suggestions?

7 hours ago, Never to old said:

Yes, I'm following the meal template, I'm eating a wide varity of veggies, drinking plenty of water. As for the salt I salt but not over more than likely I under salt because of a life style of my husbands high blood pressure. I always have breakfast within 1 hour of getting up then go for my 2 mile walk within 30 to 45 minutes after breakfast. Any other suggestions?

Youre coming down with something?

Brand new! Starting Tuesday, April 18th. No time is the perfect time to start but is there a recommended preparation time before the first day. Basically, I feel like all I need to do is shop for the correct foods. I read the book and it has given me hope!

2 minutes ago, AndyD said:

Brand new! Starting Tuesday, April 18th. No time is the perfect time to start but is there a recommended preparation time before the first day. Basically, I feel like all I need to do is shop for the correct foods. I read the book and it has given me hope!

Basically, if you've read the book and know the rules, you just need to stock up on healthy foods, and maybe get rid of any non-Whole30 foods you may be tempted by (or if you live with other people and can't get rid of them, move them so that they're separated from your healthy stuff so you don't have to see them). There's some other tips here if you want to review them, but most were probably in the book.

Hello! I'm new and, In fact, it's mu second try. I completely failed first time. No mental preparation. Now I' ve bought the book and reading. I think I'll be better this time! Starting 05/01! I' m from Brazil!

21 hours ago, PastaDelFuego said:

Hello! I started my Whole30 today. So far so good! I am trying new things and learning how to cook. The hardest parts so far have been limiting myself to three meals a day and finding recipes that I think I would like. 

Hi - I started June 1 (yesterday) too. Hope your first hours are going well! I am planning to slow cook and store/freeze some meals, plus just bought a spirilizer for cheap on amazon to spirilize vegetables. Anyway, good luck! 

Just finished Day 4.  First time trying this and my husband is doing it along with me.  He is doing a lot of cooking and preparing.  I am feeling headache, withdrawal,  constipated, almost sick of meat this soon in and i am not sure WHY the fats are good for you.  Need some encouragement and answers  I am determined, just a bad 2 days.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, kimdon30 said:

Just finished Day 4.  First time trying this and my husband is doing it along with me.  He is doing a lot of cooking and preparing.  I am feeling headache, withdrawal,  constipated, almost sick of meat this soon in and i am not sure WHY the fats are good for you.  Need some encouragement and answers  I am determined, just a bad 2 days.  Thanks!

Be sure you're eating lots of vegetables and drinking plenty of water -- aim for at least 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight, so if you weigh about 120 lbs, drink at least 60 oz per day. You can also try a magnesium supplement, many people find it helps with constipation. I know that original, unflavored Natural Calm brand is compliant, but there are probably other options as well.

Fats are good for skin and hair health and brain health, they're necessary for your body to use certain fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A, and they help keep you full between meals, which helps keep you from snacking mindlessly. If you really want to know the whys behind the program, I'd recommend finding a copy of It Starts With Food. 

You might find the tips in this article helpful for dealing with eating more meat than you're used to: http://whole9life.com/2013/02/eating-meat-a-primer-for-the-meat-challenged-2/

I'd also encourage you to find a group here on the forum that started around the same time as you -- you can all support each other and share information. There are several groups that started June 1, browse through the different threads and see if one seems like a good fit for you: http://forum.whole30.com/forum/4-join-the-whole30/  

On 1/4/2017 at 10:43 PM, Courtside said:

This is my second Whole 30 but it's my first trying to follow the program alone. Last time I also did not know as much and did not follow the website.  This time I am on day four and feeling great! I worked out twice today and kept up with my Whole 30 approved snacks and meals. Yesterday I did over indulge on nuts at one point so I've been trying to keep myself in check today.

I did the same thing yesterday...too many nuts! 

Trying to eat half as many nuts and add olives to the mix!

I am new.  My wife got me started on this.  I had no idea what it was about.  Day 4 and I feel like crap.  Head is pounding and stomach hurts.  I don't really crave any foods, mainly because I feel nauseous.  I love my wife and will stick to it.

4 hours ago, JoeS said:

I am new.  My wife got me started on this.  I had no idea what it was about.  Day 4 and I feel like crap.  Head is pounding and stomach hurts.  I don't really crave any foods, mainly because I feel nauseous.  I love my wife and will stick to it.

JoeS, hang in there. It gets better, then worse, then way better. It's worth it. Think of it as the withdrawal stage. It's normal. Stay strong. Hope this article helps: https://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Just remember to follow what ShannonM816 has written above. The water flushes out the toxins faster. I found it helps to keep a full jug of water on my desk, and fill it at least twice. Or marking off when I drank a glass of water - aiming for a glass every hour from 9am-4pm which equals 8 cups of water (recommended average in health circles).

Keep reaching out too. And find similar forum entries. You aren't alone.

Also if one is really struggling, they have a Daily email thing for $15. I signed up and it was SO worth it. Daily newsletter/letters that really explain things, encourage, entertain. I didn't read everything but it's always available to me to read at any time. Their final pop up page every day always got me smiling. Here's a link to a sample email they've made available. https://daily.whole30.com/email_sample.html

I also found writing here with others who'd started the same day, really helped too. The moderators are great.

Day 10 now.  I have been feeling pretty good recently.   Some of the intestinal problems everyone talks about, but that is subsiding as well.  My clothes are getting looser, and I wasn't big before I started.  My original thought was do this for 30 days to appease my wife and then back to normal.  Now I am starting to rethink that.  I've started looking at re-introduction and think that is a good idea.  Who knows, this may actually change my eating habits.