Are you new here? Welcome!

I am on day 18.  Just finding time to really check out the forum.  The first week was horrible.  I cold turkeyed caffeine and sugar and had the worst headache of my life.  But I stuck with the plan and now I feel great.  I know the plan doesn't necessarily recommend getting off caffeine, but I just CAN'T drink black coffee.  And my doctor has been after me for years to stop drinking soda.  Feeling strong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this your first Whole30? This is what it's all about http://whole30.com/new/ There are lots of

Hi! Today is Day 20 for my husband and I.  He feels great and so do I!  One of his many non-scale victories is he can button some of his smalle

If you continue eating Whole30 style, making your meals match the meal template, you will continue to improve your health, and you will almost certainly also lose wei

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!  I'm new to the forum i planning on starting on my son's birthday which is this coming Monday. I was eating paleo and fell off track just not completely. Interestingly enough my body is not happy with what i've done. I'm now sluggish and don't have much energy. I wasn't as sick before but my migranes seem to be returning. So my body is definitely sending me a message loud and clear. I know that I can do this so I'm concerned about it. However, i've people around have heard enough about me and the healthy eating. (At least that's what i think!) So the only people I have to turn to is people that I don't know.  So that's my story and I'm happy to be here!:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, diannie703 said:

i feel like maybe i'm not doing something right. i haven't really had any issues. been eating mostly fish/shrimp. lots of veggies, and potatoes. 

Some people don't experience many negative effects, so you may just be one of the lucky ones. If you feel good and your meals are keeping you satisfied 4-5 hours at a time, keep doing what you're doing.

• 4 weeks later...

New Here. I started the no sugar portion today, but I will start Whole 30 on December 1st, as I continue to make plans and preparations over the next few days and get some needed ingredients that I wouldn't have in this area.  Excited to finally get started. I'm definitely sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have some life altering things going on and to break free from the bondage of my previous husband (he didn't want me to get healthy), I have chose to do what I finally wanted to do and that is break up with my addiction with sugar, flour and dairy. My OB/GYN Doctor suggested this years ago and I was never able to understand how to do it properly, but I think Whole30 was in the beginning stages at that point. Very thankful to be here and understand my body and what I need. I just had back surgery in May and was able to get off the pain meds, so I am thankful that I can begin to take care of the only body I have. 

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I started our 3rd whole30 January 2nd. 

I am excited to be resetting again.  I started whole30 because I had a lot of headaches, nausea and was tired a lot of the time.  I have 2 kids ages 6 and 4.  So there really is no time for Mommy to be feeling yucky.  Our 1st whole30 in April 2017 was hard but we did it with no cheats and got the tiger blood!  

Starting the 15th.  Been collecting recipes for the past several weeks.  Breakfasts will certainly be my biggest challenge.   If I can get past no oatmeal, toast, high-protein pancakes or brown rice custard in the morning - I think I'll survive.  :P  Eggs just do not appeal in the morning,  I can do them sometimes, but just not every day.  I prefer to have them for lunch or dinner.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, dlchome said:

Starting the 15th.  Been collecting recipes for the past several weeks.  Breakfasts will certainly be my biggest challenge.   If I can get past no oatmeal, toast, high-protein pancakes or brown rice custard in the morning - I think I'll survive.  :P  Eggs just do not appeal in the morning,  I can do them sometimes, but just not every day.  I prefer to have them for lunch or dinner.

So have the eggs for lunch or dinner, and have dinner or lunch foods for breakfast. Here's an old discussion with lots of non-egg breakfast ideas:  

On 1/10/2018 at 12:55 AM, ShannonM816 said:

So have the eggs for lunch or dinner, and have dinner or lunch foods for breakfast. Here's an old discussion with lots of non-egg breakfast ideas:  

Thanks, Shannon!  So far I have had sauteed Sweet Italian chicken sausage with cabbage and apples and had that over a sweet potato.  I have had eggs poached in no sugar pasta sauce over  spinach wilted with garlic. I'll have to try that Elvis burger :-)   Time to go find the bacon. ;-)

Hi!  I'm starting my first round February 18th.  I'm spending the time until then prepping my house, gathering recipes and tools.  I'm looking forward to seeing how my of my belly might be bloat and how my taste buds will reset.  I think the things I will miss most is gum and my morning Crystal Light (I stopped drinking soda two years ago).  I would love any suggestions on how to navigate this when I am the only person in my house doing it.  Also, does brand matter when it comes to coconut aminos and ghee?  I have a $50 Trader Joes gift card I will be using to stock up as well as a Whole Foods nearby.  I am also excited to see how my results correlate with a food sensitivity test I did through Everly Well last year.

Thanks!

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Jesus111 said:

I'm new to this whole 30! Can't wait to see all the great recipes and have some questions answered!!! 

Have a look around the site to see if someone has asked your questions already... the best way to search the site is google so 'whole30 egg free breakfast' for instance will bring you up forum threads related to your topic.