Day 1 = Missing my Diet Pepsi

MelanyMD

This is my third time doing the Whole 30, 1st time cut short half way through, second time was a success, and now starting Jan 2nd again.  I don't remember missing soda this much before!  Maybe my body is so used to sugar and soda after the holidays?  Grrr!

I am missing it too, even though I was a "1 per day" diet soda drinker.  Maybe the artificial sweeteners are worse than the sugar?   What about snacks? It says if we must, make it a small meal.  So isn't that just like eating more times per day?  Which it also says not you do.....how to bust the hunger?

• Moderators

Artificial sweeteners are absolutely worse than actual sugar... just power through, it'll go away.

As for snacking/mini meals/busting the hunger... you want to try and make your 3 meals each last between 4-5 hours.  While you're figuring out your own perfect plate according to the meal template, you can definitely eat between meals.  Ideally it's protein and fat or protein and veggies or all three, just in a smaller quantity.  Fruit on it's own, fruit and nuts and dried fruit are not recommended.

Archived