Day 17-Is anyone else struggling with being tired?

Icandoityesican

I agree with the above!

Can I ask a silly question? Are you sleeping enough, and do you feel like you are getting quality sleep?

I was already sleeping better about 10 days in, but I was also making a concerted effort to power my brain down before bedtime. Since the program suggested not reading email, watching TV during dinner. etc, I no longer even turn the TV on at night at all. I have been having a cup of rooibos tea before bed, and I do some reading. I don't know if it is really my eating that has improved my energy or my new, improved evening routine. Probably a combination, but I have not slept this well in years!

I have been struggling with sleep since I started W30 on Oct 1st. I was really really looking forward to (and expecting) to sleep like a rock during this experience, but unfortunately it just hasn't happened.....yet. What's really strange is that the first week of the program I slept great, but things changed as soon as the second week started.

Someone else also recommended eating more carb dense veggies, which I have tried. No luck.

I do tend to spend more time on my computer in the evenings, so perhaps I will tune this down and do some reading instead.

I have noticed that I have more energy consistently throughout the day, which is nice. But I'm really longing for 8+ hrs of good quality sleep at night. These past couple of weeks I'm getting between 6 - 7 hrs....and it's not quality.

Hi, thanks for all your comments! I am on day 24 ( started oct 1, but mindlessly ate a mini wheat (!!wt?) so started over on the 2nd). I probably get 7 hours a night sleep. I guess it could be from not enough sleep. I do have Hashimoto's disease and Anemia. I actually thought doing the Whole30 would improve it. I mean, I'm eating things like spinach! Lol... I guess I expected to see improvement not nose dive. I have seen my skin improve. All the good fats do older skin (44) good by plumping it! Yay! I do plan to stick to it except more paleo since I want to use honey and have wine some times. I'm loving how enlightened I feel about health. I'm also enjoying eating new stuff. Was not a foodie ever, but it's a fun challenge. Well, I do plan to have my blood levels checked next week. Maybe this has helped me and made my medicine too high creating hyperthyroidism which can cause fatigue as well. That would be very exciting to see... My secret fantasy is to shock my Dr. at the huge jump my ferritin level reads. Last time it was at a 6... It would be amazing to see it jump to 22 or HIGHER!!! Anyhow, thanks for your comments! :)))

Archived