Starting Jan 8th, looking for buddies!

Tatchyana

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, kirkor said:

Hi Kirkor. Thanks for the info. We've been reading and studying for 14 years. Unfortunately, his cancer grew slowly for 20 or so years before they found it 14 years ago. The tumor then took up 25-30%of his brain.  I could bore you with lots of details, but 14 years of regrowth, craniotomies, diets, treatment, etc have taken their toll. Unfortunately, he is in the final stages of his battle.

back to the true topic at hand-FOOD! Real food. So important for all of our health. I'm hoping to be more mindful of what I put in my body because so much of what I eat now is processed crap not food. Starts in 2 hours for me here on the east coast. Sleep well everyone. Our journey begins!

I've discovered I've cooked way too much the first few days of the plan!  Even tho I cut back on recipe ingredients, eating something 3 days in a row can get tiresome.  I have frozen l/o chicken, and l/o ch bones.  Also, discovered eating huge green COLD salads in this weather isn't so great!  Time to pull out some soup recipes.

Hello all

I am starting tomorrow- Sunday the 8th. I would like to lose weight but I also have an auto-immune disease and a number of health concerns. I am roping my husband in for support though he is generally healthy and fit. We generally eat healthy but I've been gaining weight and declining in energy and wellbeing since I had my daughter. As it stands we make our daughter her own meals as she is a picky six-year old :) Today I spent a lot of time meal planning for 2 weeks and sent the shopping list over to my husband. He will do the shopping tomorrow and we will have roast chicken for dinner. I'm going to make some frittata muffins to last a few days so we can grab them on the way out the door. The things I will miss most ate wine, cheese, and rice. Rice dishes are my most beloved comfort foods. Thank you for listening! Good luck to all of us!!

Started the day with a yummy egg casserole with sweet potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, caramelized onions and kale. Made my kids pancakes and caught myself almost licking my fingers twice! Bad unconscious habit! How is everyone doing?

I had fried eggs, mushrooms, onions and sautéed arugula and a 1/4 avocado with truffle oil for breakfast. I made French toast for the kids and almost licked my fingers too! Coffee with canned coconut milk from Trader Joe's. It was so good! I've tried the carton coconut milk from TJS and it was ok, but not as good as the canned (compliant) stuff. 

Here's a quote I put on our blackboard this morning," Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryan. I found this and a bunch of other great quotes on a W30 post on Pinterest. I'll keep posting them as I change them on my blackboard. 

Day one started off good for me. For breakfast I had scrambled eggs, an applegate chicken sausage and a little bit of berries. And COFFEE of course, I just skipped the Stevia and used unsweetened coconut milk instead. 

Just made lunch- canned tuna from Trader Joes on a bed of lettuce with lemon juice on top. 

I've been using the app myPaleoPal to track my Whole 30 meals. Not sure if anyone else has heard of it but I recommend it. You track your meals simply by taking a photo of them and posting them on the app. You can filter the meals by Whole 30 and see what other people are eating. My name on the app is Christineamd. Let me know if anyone from the group joins so we can follow each other. 

Hope everyone's day is going well! 

55 minutes ago, Tatchyana said:

I had fried eggs, mushrooms, onions and sautéed arugula and a 1/4 avocado with truffle oil for breakfast. I made French toast for the kids and almost licked my fingers too! Coffee with canned coconut milk from Trader Joe's. It was so good! I've tried the carton coconut milk from TJS and it was ok, but not as good as the canned (compliant) stuff. 

Here's a quote I put on our blackboard this morning," Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryan. I found this and a bunch of other great quotes on a W30 post on Pinterest. I'll keep posting them as I change them on my blackboard. 

Ooh I'm going to look for the canned coconut milk. I've been using the unsweetened carton kind from TJ but yeah..it's just ok.  

Love the quote! Thanks for sharing it. 

Hi everyone--

I am starting my W30 today, January 8th, and would love to join your group.  This is not my first attempt, but I am determined this will be my first fully successful one!  I recently learned that I have an autoimmune issue in addition to being 15 lbs overweight.  I'm tired of feeling like a slave to food and feeling awful!  Christineamd I can totally relate to your post and look forward to going through this with you.  We will succeed! 

Rkrzywda I am sorry to hear of the struggles you are currently facing...we are here to support you!

Hi - I'm Johnna and starting my first Whole30 today and would like to join the group.  I started "practicing" a week ago and am surprised at how much better I feel already.  I've completed all my "Getting Started" steps, including having my husband take my "before" pictures.  

I'm 53 years old with a wonderful husband that does most of the cooking.  He's not doing the plan (can't decide if he can live without his sweet tea), but he's going to be cooking W30 compliant meals.  I bought both the W30 cookbook and Getting Started Book and have flagged all the recipes I like (and think he will eat) and he'll pick out the meals for next week.

Have made my first batch of clarified butter.  Just finished making a batch of Kale Chips and Crispy Mashed Plantains - both yummy.  Will be making "Perfect Roast Chicken" for dinner.

Off to a good start!

Feeling determined!!

Hello all. For breakfast I grabbed what I could find- some blackberries, cashews, one date. I chopped up a hard boiled egg, put olive oil salt and pepper on it and just ate it w a fork. Had my coffee black which was really not bad. Now I'm working on a thermos of decaf kombucha green tea. Almost ate leftover chicken nuggets from daughter's lunch ;) waiting for husband w groceries to do some cooking. Apparently Whole Foods is packed today. I'm determined to join the gym at the Y tomorrow, wish me luck with that!!

Hi everybody! And welcome to those joining recently.

First day out, 29 more to go! 

Breakfast was sausages with scrambled eggs with green onions, tomato and porcini mushrooms with a mild black coffee with no sugar! For lunch and dinner I had pork chops fried in coconut oil with rosemary and red and white peppers (I sauteed these in olive oil and added on the last minute to the pork chops. I served them for the whole family at lunch with fried green plantain (patacones) and at dinner with a boiled potatoe.

I was hungry right on the four hour mark and didn't snack all day. 

My reflection for the day is that I didn't prepare enough. Definitely will go to the market tomorrow with lots of veggies on my list!

Hello again

We roasted a chicken for dinner w duck-fat-roasted potatoes and green beans. The green beans were dressed in a mustard dressing- really good! I'm soaking nuts now for a breakfast porridge tomorrow. Tons of leftover chicken. Unfortunately we will just have to keep eating leftovers until they're gone because I really don't like throwing food away. Tomorrow plan is lettuce wraps w the chicken plus some spices raw vegetables and a lime mayo. I've been drinking tons of herbal tea though my mind has definitely been on wine/beer/cocktails. I made frittata muffins and I'm worried the eggs will taste ruberry-will report back tomorrow. I'm using real plans for meal planning- the whole 30 website links to it- it would be expensive to use for the long term but it's really well done and useful. I've gotten recipes from there. Have not actually bought any books. There are so many recipes online if you just web search. Thank you  

My meatballs from the recipe I found on Pinterest were delicious! I had them with spaghetti squash, the rest of the family with GF pasta.  The kids gobbled them up and there's plenty for leftovers in a few days. They were super easy.  My Pinterest handle is Tatchyana and they're in a list for crockpot Whole 30 meals. I'm going to try the pork coconut curry one night. I was thinking how good a glass of red wine would be with the meatballs, but I'm all good! About to have some ginger tea and call it a night! Day 1 down!!

I didn't sleep great last night. Funny thing is, I dreamed that I  accidentally ate a sandwich. I guess I'm having performance anxiety! I really want to stay on track!

Dinner was a pot roast with diced tomatoes, over kale for me and potatoes for the family. It was good but I'm afraid it made too many leftovers. I portioned some out in baggies for the freezer. Now off to day 2!

Hi, everyone!

My name is Holly and I started my first Whole30 January 5th. I'm 44 years old, about 10 lbs overweight (although I'd like to lose around 20). I work out around 5x a week, mostly weights now since 7 straight months of cardio didn't do a thing for me (except give me better cardiovascular health I guess). I gained 20 lbs in a little over a year when I turned 43 and my doctor told me it was just getting older; all my stats checked out really healthy. I'm doing to Whole30 to see if I can get something jumpstarted!

10 hours ago, Overeducatedopinion said:

I'm using real plans for meal planning- the whole 30 website links to it- it would be expensive to use for the long term but it's really well done and useful. I've gotten recipes from there. Have not actually bought any books. There are so many recipes online if you just web search. Thank you  

Thanks for the tip. I had been considering using Real Plans. Even though you're eating loads of leftover chicken, I like the fact that it sounds cost effective. That's one issue I'm facing is that my grocery bill is so high and I have to go to the store every other day for something. I may sign up for Real Plans as well. 

Hi Everyone!! If it isn't too late-- I would love to join you!!! I have read through many of your posts and I find similarities throughout.  I have failed a few times at whole30 but have completed one reset fully.  My husband is on board and we started Jan.8.  I have a HUGE sugar dragon and really want the food freedom in my life.  I am a busy wife, mom and business owner from home!  I have 3 kiddos- 7, 3, & almost 2!  I also just found out that we are expecting our fourth!!! Super excited to be apart of an accountability group!! I feel it is crucial to success!!!  Day 2 here I go!!!!

My breakfast muffins are good! I wish I could post a pic but I'm on my iPhone. I'm on US east coast time. (GMT-5). I'm reading dinner posts as I'm talking about breakfast ;) Anyway just broccoli, sausage that I browned first, potatoes that I diced and boiled first, 6 eggs, half cup water, salt and pepper. Put in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. I made them in little muffin cups so they're ready to grab any time.

I'm probably 60 pounds overweight, which is horrifying to think about. My weight gain started after childbirth and Hashimotos onset. After many bad doctors I now have a great endocrinologist and I think my meds are good. I also have tinnitus, sleep apnea, lower back pain, and digestive problems including major bloating.  I've spent so much time in doctors' offices. I have also had a long painful journey with infertility after my first (wonderful) daughter and was never able to have a second child. I am 43.

Archived