Starting Jan 8th, looking for buddies!

Tatchyana

Well, well, here we are on day 22!! 

It's been an amazing journey, and I am too thinking I'll make reintroduction, maybe a few days off, maybe not, and then will continue with a second Whole30. These weeks I've been able to go to friend's houses and say no to wine, cheese and prosciutto (three favorites) without any problems or feelings of being left out. Yesterday received friends at home and one of them brought avocados and made guacamole for me. "I know you can have this", she said. I was ready not to snack on anything, we had hummus, artichocke parmisan dip and it was fine by me. I had fried plantains with the guac, just a bit, and it was great!

The non scale victories are subtle but when you notice them is amazing. Definitely more energy, clearer skin, better sleep, no cravings at all, even better mood. Most satisfactory: I've had seborreic dermatitis on my forehead and scalp for about 12 years and now it's completely healed. (Suspecting of gluten sensitiviy, will confirm it during reintroduction). Also I noticed that some spider veins that were showing a little on the sides of my feet are gone! The ones on my thighs are still there but less noticeable. That was a surprising and welcomed bonus. 

I looove cooking and these weeks I have tried new recipes, experienced new tastes and tried new ingredientes (welcome sweet potatoes into our lives!). I'm in love with Nom Nom Paleo and Well Fed recipes and even borrowed a slow cooker from a friend who used it scarcely. I will pay him with bone broth and cooking classes!

Here's to us and our continued sucess in these last days!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nearly there guys!! Like many of you will keep going with this! Probably give myself one treat per week after the 30 days- for example I've been thinking about ramen. But I wonder if it will even taste good to me any more. Soooo much more energy and better mood. I know my "belly fat" is down tough I haven't weighed myself. 

Question for moderators: what's the healthiest fat for frying? I'm not making a habit of frying it I'm making coconut chicken nuggets. Coconut oil burns too quick and I know olive oil is not good for you at high temps. I've used a combo of coconut, olive, ghee, and avocado. What would be the best Whole30 fat for frying? Thanks

12 hours ago, Overeducatedopinion said:

Question for moderators: what's the healthiest fat for frying? I'm not making a habit of frying it I'm making coconut chicken nuggets. Coconut oil burns too quick and I know olive oil is not good for you at high temps. I've used a combo of coconut, olive, ghee, and avocado. What would be the best Whole30 fat for frying? Thanks

I like a well sourced lard for frying - especially eggs :wub:

I made it to Day 24 and through what I can honestly say is no fault of my own, I ate pizza on Day 25 a little after midnight.

I am a firefighter/Hazmat officer for a local fire department and on Wednesday, there was a hostage situation in one of our prisons. I left my office around noon, after eating my whole 30 lunch. I shortly there after was on scene at the prison for the next 16 hours. I grabbed the little snacks that I had with me, but after being on my feet for 11 hours in the chilly air, I was starving. There were no options for me to to even attempt to find complaint food, so I went ahead and ate the pizza that was provided to us. At the time being fueled to lead my team in a response seemed to be a much more immediate need. 

Ultimately the situation was ended around 5 am yesterday morning, where one of the hostages was pronounced dead.  It was a very long night, with lots of emotions. I know that going off plan was not a result of a sugar dragon or letting food contorl me, but was due to serious extenuating circumstances. I did go back to healthy habits yesterday and today, because I know its the best way to fuel myself. My plan after this whole 30 was to eat whole30 about 90% of the time, so i am going to return to that now and treat that pizza as par tof my 10%. 

Everyone is doing wonderful, keep up the work. 

Wow @MadscienceM that's a crazy time you've had. Thank you for what you do!!! Sorry to hear that it didn't end well. I would agree that your circumstances were extenuated and you did what you could. Way to go and keep moving forward! 

Hard to believe there's less than a week to go to hit our day 30. I was starting to crack the last few days but I never caved. Oh I wanted to, but stayed the course. I think the hardest thing has been being out with a child or other people and then wanting to eat fast food. I pulled up past the Wendy's intercom so the people in the back could do the order and I just tried to ignore it. Thankfully I wasn't hungry. I just want health and freedom. 

Still planning on staying the course except for cheese. That will be the first thing I add. :D

Happy last week!!! 

On 1/14/2017 at 0:51 PM, Mary T said:

My name is Mary. I would like to join this group. I  started The Whole Thirty on January 5th.  I have not been feeling good because I am not eating good food. I am 55 and have been having a lot of joint pain. I am feeling very encouraged because since I started this diet I have more energy and my joints feel a little better.

I started on the 5th too, so yesterday was my last Whole30 official day, although I have had such a positive experience, I plan to keep the lifestyle going forward 5-6 days a week. I am down 8.5 lbs, and the first thing I will be reintroducing is WINE! I have discovered I can live without cheese, which previously I ate daily. Love this plan and way of eating! Congratulations to everyone else finishing up soon, I hope your experience and results are as wonderful as mine have been!

DAY 30!!!!!! I am LOVING this program. I do not miss anything anymore. Unless it's right in front of me. Hubby was eating waffles earlier and I was ohhh that looks good. But I'm reminded constantly of how good I feel. I can walk and not feel like I'm dying. Working my way up to more walking. My plan is 90 days as there are minor physical issues I want resolved, but unsure after that if I will even try to add much of anything else. 

For those that have finished Way to go!!!!! For those still going, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

So glad to hear you are doing well, @Pam Baker.

I am also continuing on the W30 for as long as it takes, maybe forever! I have had to cut out many other foods too, but I feel better, so I will continue. My biggest prob now is my gut, which aches. I am on a gut-healing mission and trying to get off medications for pain and sleep. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia decades ago, but I just keep on -- never stop is my motto. Anyone who reads this -- I am trying to eat really easily digestible stuff for the gut ache. Advice is welcome. I am having bone broth soup and carrot-ginger soup now, but I will need to eat more to satisfy. It seems hard to eat when I know my gut will hurt after. FYI, scheduled for colonoscopy early March, but I know they won't find anything except for a polyp or two. I do it every 5 years because of gut issues. I am seeing my doctor this week, but they just don't know what to do, it seems. Thanks for listening ... needed to vent a little.

Oh, get this! On Day 31, I got some grass-fed beef lasagna on a whim, really clean stuff, right? Brought it to my office to eat, took one bite of the meat, said, "What am I doing???" and put it back in the bag to give to my partner! That is a total non-scale victory for me, actually buying it and not eating. I found a coconut butter cup, kind of like Reese's but only different, and it was absolutely delicious! 3 grams of sugar. That was my reward for making it through 30 days!

Archived