Can I still say I'm doing W30 or not???

Kirsteen

I started my W30 39 days ago. I already have various health issues, the biggest one being M.E and I've just finished cancer treatment (literally halfway through the W30) Days 7 - 12 I was really ill with upset stomach, did not eat anything off plan but gave in and called the doc out. He said it was enteritis and gave me medication. I decided to prolong W30 into W45 (at least).

I feel I got over the enteritis but never picked up as much as I'd been before I took ill, this can happen a lot with M.E. any setback healthwise can take weeks or months to get over fully. Anyway days 26 -28 I had a lot of nausea and then days 37 to now (Day 39), I've had absolutely horrendous upset stomachs again that I haven't had for years.

I'm not in any way whatsoever blaming W30 for this. I reckon that if I feel this bad eating a really good diet, the last thing I need is to reintroduce junk food back into my body. I haven't eaten anything noncompliant (I've listed everything I've eaten in my food log posted in that section) and, obviously, when my stomach is already upset seems so not the time to try to reintroduce anything because I wouldn't know what was causing what. However, I'm fully aware I'm not eating as much as i should nor as often as I should but I'm doing the best I can under the circumstances.

I don't want to come off W30, I'm quite happy to eat this way for however long it takes but is it ok to still post my food log under the W30 section when I'm not managing 3 meals a day, on one day I only managed one meal and on another dinner was a small handful of grapes. Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Of course you can keep posting! If you start experimenting with off plan foods to see if they'd help your gastro issues, then it would be better if your log were in the Post section, just so newbies don't get confused. If that ever happens, just shoot one of the mods a pm and we'll move it for you!

Are you taking any pro or prebiotics? After the enteritis, the meds may have killed off the good bacteria with the bad. Replacing that stuff is really important.

Just general recommendations I'd have for you would be:

A) fermented foods or probiotics

B) bone broth, often

C) try reducing your green leafy veggie matter. Make sure that any veggies you DO eat are very well cooked. Some folks can't handle very much veggie matter at all without their guts revolting.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

In my experience on this board, everyone here seems to be so supportive of however one needs to do a Whole30. I think ultimately we all want to see each other succeed in great health. You absolutely should be here posting your log!

Of course you can keep posting! If you start experimenting with off plan foods to see if they'd help your gastro issues, then it would be better if your log were in the Post section, just so newbies don't get confused. If that ever happens, just shoot one of the mods a pm and we'll move it for you!

Are you taking any pro or prebiotics? After the enteritis, the meds may have killed off the good bacteria with the bad. Replacing that stuff is really important.

Just general recommendations I'd have for you would be:

A) fermented foods or probiotics

B) bone broth, often

C) try reducing your green leafy veggie matter. Make sure that any veggies you DO eat are very well cooked. Some folks can't handle very much veggie matter at all without their guts revolting.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I love it when Renee posts. Totally scientific which I am so not, so I always enjoy reading such posts. :)

Thanks for the support everyone and thanks for the suggestions Renee. I take digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid and ox bile with my meals, I've been doing that for quite a while. I'd run out of probiotics but added in a probiotic powder today so hopefully that might help. I don't 'think' green veggies are the problem because I've always eaten a ton of them (I even bought a second fridge last year to keep them) and when my stomachs dodgy, it's green veggies I crave.

However I will play about with thiings, I'm determined to get a handle on this. I'm also determined not to eat off road until all this finally settles as i just don't feel that would help.

Anyway, tomorrow I should hopefully be picking up bones from the farmer's market so will try the bone broth. I'm sooo looking forward to it. :)

Archived