Guar Gum?

NoMeasure

• 4 years later...

Hello!

This has probably been answered, but I couldn't find it on the forum, so I'm sorry if I'm asking a repeat question.

I am starting my Whole30 on Monday. I am extremely addicted to diet soda (think 3 1liter bottles a day) and am trying to figure out other beverages for the 30. I do like La Croix (sp?) but I know the fizzy can make me crave soda. I think cold black tea with coconut milk(the stuff in the cans) would be a good sub, but I'm seeing most of them have guar gum in them. Is this a complaint ingredient?

Thank you so much!

BWASB

• Administrators

@BWASB - I've merged your thread with one of at least half a dozen discussing this exact question. Most everything has been asked and answered and most of those threads can be found with a simple google search. Eg: Whole30 guar gum

Edited to add: a google search would also bring you to the Common Additives download that shows commonly added ingredients and whether they are compliant or not. Take a quick google and have a read.

2 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

I've merged your thread with one of at least half a dozen discussing this exact question. Most everything has been asked and answered and most of those threads can be found with a simple google search. Eg: Whole30 guar gum

Thank you! I searched the site and for some reason it didn't pop up, I didn't think to Google it. :( Thanks!

• Administrators
Just now, BWASB said:

Thank you! I searched the site and for some reason it didn't pop up, I didn't think to Google it. :( Thanks!

Ya, the search feature on the forum isn't spectacular but google works very well and returns forum threads in the top search results most of the time. :) 

Archived