Day 2... I am so aggrevated....

StaceyinFlorida

Hello,

My husband and I started Whole 30 together yesterday.  We had been smoking since October, having been quit for a while, before that.  We are also nightly wine drinkers.  Other than our bad habits we eat pretty well. There is already almost no processed food or sugar in our regular diet. We drink black coffee in the mornings and water the rest of the time.  I have continual problems with hives and some pre-diabetic sugar lows and my husband has almost continual digestion issues and heartburn.   We suspect most of our sugar come from the alcohol.  We do eat a good amount of cheese and crackers or chips or pretzels.  I was surprised today to be craving sugar, as in cookies and brownies and ice cream. Stuff I don't even eat . I am also craving salty crunchy... not nuts , which are not really crunchy..... something really crunchy.....and as the day goes on I feel more and more aggravated...

Sorry Stacey. Keep at it. I get the cravings. Celery helped me yesterday. My last Whole30 I overate veggies so I would stay too full to have cravings. That actually helped and I lost weight too. It is challenging to break those habits, and the first week can feel like you are clawing your way through it BUT it does get better... really!

• Administrators

Hi @StaceyinFlorida - the first few days can be rough, especially when we normally use foods for things other than hunger (boredom, habit, social connection etc). Make sure you're eating enough overall, enough fat at your meals and drinking enough water. Check out the meal template linked in my signature below and make sure you're composing your meals to last you 4-5 hours. This won't completely eliminate that mental/emotional connection but it will reduce any cravings or aggravation that is a result of under-eating. :)

Archived