Jan 2 start date, excited for support

JodiLN

Hello and Happy New Year!!

I am looking for support from anyone who understands the life long battle with food...I am over 50 and it is more difficult for me than ever to stay on track. I did this program a couple of months ago, but failed to adhere to the rules the last week. I realized I felt really deprived and went off track for a while only to realize I really liked the program and need to learn how live eating this way forever. I have spent many years trying to understand what works for me, undertaking many "diets", "programs", exercise, an even joining a weight loss clinic. What I have learned is very helpful, but I thing Whole 30 is something I can do ongoing. Please contact me for accountability, I need to communicate my struggles as they arise so I can change my perspective and grow of wrong thinking. Looking forward to figuring it out and maintaining for good!!

Hey! Welcome Jodi. I started yesterday and am on day 2. Im in my late 30s and this is my third Whole 30. I go up and down in weight and struggle with healthy eating -- all I want is junk when I eat junk and all I want is healthy when I eat healthy. Its such a pain. You've got this. My first Whole 30, ended up being a Whole 28 because of some travel/family issues but my second one was more textbook with offramping. I kept it up for a while but added in carbs a little at a time. Pretty soon I was back in bed with the sugar dragon! Its like quitting smoking for me. I dont know if I can have any junk food and stay on track. My husband swears by a book Younger Next Year. there is one for women too. It changed his life like Whole30 changes many others lives. Maybe that will help change your mindset too? Good luck and check back often!

Hi Welcome Jodi. I just started today. I am also over 50 and don't really recognize myself anymore. Can we say lets take down the mirrors?? As you have and so many of us, I have tried everything. And I mean everything! I was cheated out of so much money from two separate weight loss clinics. I have seen Whole30 being referenced many times in Pinterest so I clicked on it one day and voila! My problem is not eating too much, it is alcohol. So obviously this gives me a new focus on getting rid of that habit. I love all the recipes I have found and as soon as I am done moving and can get my kitchen up and running, I will try those. Right now I'm doing what I call "protein and green" which is I eat 1 portion of meat like chicken, shrimp, eggs etc and two portions of green vegetable including salad greens. Sprinkle in a little fruit and sweet potato and I stick to that for now. I would love to have a whole30 buddy. Good Luck

Archived