Compliant Snacks??

Browneyedsusan

Hi there!  This is my second time around, and I started yesterday.  It has become clear to me that I need to plan for compliant snacks.  Something easy and portable.  I had a gastric bypass in 2003, a revision in 2015.  I eat smaller portions, and need to eat every 2-3 hours.  Warming up leftovers isn't always an option, and eating fruit or nuts isn't always a good idea either.  Fruit is a trigger food for me, so I am trying to limit it and only have it with my main meals.  Any good ideas to make a portable, complete mini-meal/snack?

• Administrators

Ya, we don't really recommend fruit or nuts as snacks to anyone. So you're on the right track.

Hard boiled eggs and mayo, chicken thigh with avocado/guac, compliant sausage link with olives. Protein and fat is really your best bet and all those that I listed are good cold or room temp.  You really want to make what you're eating the best for nutrition and satiation "bang for buck" and fruit/nuts are not going to get you there. :) 

@Browneyedsusan, how about canned tuna or salmon in home made mayo? Of course, you have to read the label on the can to make sure the fish is compliant or you could cook up some extra fish and flake it yourself, then be sure it has nothing added. The mayo recipe intimidated me at first but it really is much easier than it looks. Another member suggested using a stick blender in a wide mouthed Mason jar. That's the way to go for minimal clean up.  You can add all kinds of seasonings to plain mayo to keep things interesting.

Jill

Archived