Grace's Whole30 Jan2017

WZRDREAMS

Jan 3, 2017

I'll update later with my day 1 and 2 diary, but for now  (day 2 evening, predinner) I feel sick. 

I started getting Tiiiiiiiiiiiired on my way home from work, and zonked out on the train. As I was walking to my apartment I started to feel bloated and irritable. I think it may have been part biological clock and part sugar detox. Anyway, I've been home for 2 hours now and can hardly muster the will to eat, let alone cook. Part nausea, part fatigue. I'm going to stick a yam in the oven in a minute but my plan to pan cook a salmon filet to have with a side of salad and sweet potato is very unappealing right now. Can I get away with skipping a protein at dinner and just eat the yam and some salad? Probably not. The thought of eggs are likewise unappealing. I just want to go to sleep.

Day 1 - Jan 2, 2017

I dreamt that I accidentally ate a cracker without thinking about it.

I am not really prepared. I haven’t cleaned my cubbards, though my husband has skimmed the Whole30 cookbook and is supportive and willing. I intended to eat breakfast of eggs, but we were running late, so I just had water before leaving.

Went to Gyu-Kaku for lunch (Korean BBQ) and am dismayed to learn that the marinades I thought were soy and miso free are not. Our waiter is very patient and checks several times with the kitchen to verify the presence of soy and miso in a variety of dishes. The gyu-kaku salad appeared to have no dressing on the menu and I foolishly didn’t ask if it had a dressing. It came covered in a miso mustard dressing. I tried to eat around it but after two bites gave up. I end up ordering Tuna, Shrimp, Pork Belly, and a cut of beef (I forget which) all with salt and pepper. We split an order of onions plain. I wished I had ordered two onions and also zucchini, but feeling like “that girl” prevented me from ordering more veggies.

Went to a movie… saw Jackie, which was good. No snacks or water. Popcorns smelled great but I’ve recently become less interested in movie popcorn because of the salt and subsequent thirst. The good side effect of skipping the snacks and drink was that I didn’t have to use the bathroom by the last act of the movie.

Stopped at Whole Foods on the way home and got some compliant dressings, 2 avocados, beautiful bananas, perfect artichoke, button mushrooms, sugar free soy free jerky and some new food containers.

When I got home I tossed all the open containers of holiday sweets and boxed up any remaining. I have to leave most of the other foods because my husband isn’t participating. Hopefully he will consume the crackers quickly.

After getting home I went back out to the grocery store and picked up almond flour, ghee, red curry paste, coconut milk, a package of cooked shrimp, organic eggs, 2 bottles seltzer, celery, Brussel sprouts, kale, a salmon filet, dry roasted almonds (for Aaron) and a soy free package of seaweed snack which I ate while making dinner (must get more!).

Dinner was a kit bashing of my last two blue aprons (I’m on hold for January). Browned chicken, onions and ginger sautéed in coconut oil and a dash of olive oil with yellow curry paste, simmered in coconut milk, with wilted kale. I added some defrosted cooked shrimp to bump up the protein. I also sautéed some bok choy with garlic and roasted some Brussel sprouts. I through it all in a bowl (not pretty, but tasty) and topped with reduced coconut milk sauce, green onions, and sesame seeds.  I had enough left over for two lunches.

While making dinner and after I consume an entire small bottle of seltzer water.

Need to find: Compliant fish sauce.

Day 2 – Jan 3, 2017

Breakfast: Woke early-ish and managed to make myself breakfast. – 2 eggs scrambled in ghee, kosher salt & pepper, and baked potato that I sliced and fried in a little ghee. Got a large cold brew at dunkin donuts in the city and had a banana and a small orange at my desk.  I don’t mind black coffee at all but might try coconut or almond milk.

Lunch: left-overs from dinner the night before: shrimp, chicken, bok choy, kale, Brussel sprouts, coconut milk / curry sauce, coconut shavings. Very satisfying.

Snacks: Epic uncured bacon and beefsteak jerky. Dunkin Donuts large ice tea with lemon.

Supplements: fish oil and B12. My other supplements (D, calcium and C) are non-compliant (soy oil, corn oil, and plant cellulose ingredients).

On the train home I began to feel lethargic. By the time I got home I was feeling bloated and irritable (bowel). While cleaning up in the kitchen to start prepping dinner I realized I had lost all appetite and didn’t feel well

Dinner: was going to be salmon, Japanese sweet potato and green salad, but ended up being just a single sweet potato spear.

I spent the rest of the evening shivering on the sofa watching Star Trek Next Gen. I tried to sleep but kept alternating between chills and hot sweats so I moved to the sofa (husband was also snoring) and roughed out the rest of the night there. I dreamt of food and Star Trek; everything I tried to eat was against the prime directive.

Day 3 – Jan 4, 2017

I was in no shape to go to work, so I called in sick. I stayed in bed (no energy, no appetite) till around 9:30. Finally got up, showered and decided I must eat.

Breakfast: small Orange, medium banana, ¼ c. mango slices. I couldn’t will myself to eat eggs at this point.

Lunch: hardboiled egg, ½ avocado, salad greens, bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, 3 olives, dehydrated coconut, red onion, Tessemaes’ zesty ranch dressing. These flavors did not all work well together.

Dinner: salmon filet pan cooked in olive oil, boiled baby potatoes, salad greens with carrot and bell pepper & Tessemae’s creamy Caesar.

There are 2 extra servings of salmon prepped for later meals. I also prepped a bunch of hardboiled eggs and garlic shrimp. I napped often.  By evening I was feeling better, but low energy.

Day 4 – Jan 5, 2017

Back to work.

Breakfast: 2 organic eggs, fried in ghee, 3 sweet potato spears, 1 medium banana. Ice tea with lemon.

Lunch: My last of the1st prepped lunches - shrimp, chicken, bok choy, kale, Brussel sprouts, coconut milk / curry sauce, coconut shavings, but I didn’t really eat the vegetables because they were mush and sad. I don’t really like meals that are several days old. I think I like the last night’s dinner leftovers as today’s lunch method. Wished for some raw veggies but by the time I got out of the office to hunt some down, all the usual lunch places were devoid of anything compliant other than a pile of fruit.

Snack: Epic Cured Beef, Small orange, medium banana, ice team with lemon.

Went to Whole Foods in Chelsea on my way home. “Whole Paycheck” indeed. I finally got the almond milk, almond butter, coconut milk, balsamic vinaigrette, sugar free bacon and various other compliant sundries and vegetables. After I got home and unloaded I went to Keyfood and got more seltzer, cider, seaweed and some (compliant) stuff for my husband.

Dinner: Big Green salad with bell pepper, mushroom, carrot, cherry tomato, almond slivers, Tessemae’s creamy Ceasar dressing; and Steak pan cooked in ghee with salt and pepper. It looked huge on the plate, probably twice the appropriate size, but after I cut the fat and bone away it was almost appropriately sized. Flavored Seltzer water.

Day 5, Jan 6, 2017

Breakfast: Running late, so 2 hard-boiled eggs with kosher salt on my way out the door. Iced homemade cold brew with coconut milk, one orange at work.

Lunch: One of the reasons I was running late was I didn’t pack my lunch the night before so I spent a few minutes combining left overs into a single container: Green salad with bell pepper, carrot, sliced almonds, raspberries, blueberries, one sliced hardboiled egg, 4 sweet potato wedges, a small 3~4 oz cooked salmon filet (the tail end) with a slice of lemon. I didn’t bring any dressing so I’ll probably be eating the salad dry… I need to check the ingredients in Pret-a-Manger’s salad dressings….checked and all have either light cane sugar, honey, or soy. (I swear, that no soy rule is harder than the no sugar rule). They do sell cold pressed EVO though so I didn’t have to eat my leaves dry… tiny victory. I only used about a 1 tsp. One orange, & iced green tea.

Snack: Nice premium mixed nuts: cashews, pistachios & almonds – 1 pckg – 42 grms

Dinner: 4 sweet potato wedges, a 6 oz cooked salmon filet (olive oil) with a slice of lemon, ½c boiled baby klondike potatoes (ghee). Fruits: strawberries, blue berries, raspberries. Seltzer water.

I know I need to eat more greens… Will be able to do better tomorrow. I just wanted to finish all my left-over fish and taters while they are still tasty.

Day 6, Jan 7, 2017 - Saturday

Feeling great. My mood is up. Slept in late and so breakfast was more like brunch. I pan fried all 10 slices of my complaint bacon ($9!!)

Brunch: Frittata: 4 organic eggs, 2 mushrooms, 1/2c spinach, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 sweet potato spears, 1/8c yellow onion. Iced cold brew coffee with coconut milk. ½ slice of bacon.

Snack: 3 pieces of seaweed, a portion of mixed nuts, 2 dried Turkish apricots, seltzer.

Dinner: Salad – 1c greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced mushrooms, 1 sliced hardboiled egg, 1/4c cooked shrimp, Tessemae’s creamy Caesar dressing. Also, steamed artichoke with hollandaise sauce (This was first time I made hollandaise ever! I halved the recipe in The Whole30 recipe book, and it turned out lovely, although I had a bit left over that went to waste). Seltzer.

Last night after dinner I started to feel hungry so I had some nuts. Then my husband got out his favorite late night snack of pretzels and ranch dip. I also love this snack and I could smell the ranch dip so strongly. This was the first time I felt like I am on a diet. 

Day 7, Jan 8, 2018

Church … had communion wafer and a sip of wine. The wine tasted very strong. Hot green tea at coffee hour.

Brunch: Omelet: 3 eggs, mushrooms, shrimp, and onion, cooked in ghee. Also some sweet potato home fries cooked in ghee. Seltzer.

Snack: seaweed, nuts, turkish apricot, plantain chips. Seltzer.

Food prep for the week: roasted a chicken (lime, cinnamon, rosemary, onion, celery, garlic), roasted brussel sprouts, roasted 2 sweet potatoes, roasted the rest of the baby klondikes. Prepacakged 2 lunches with veggies and the remaining ginger garlic shrimp.

Dinner: Salad of greens, mushroom, roast chicken, tomatoes, chicken gravy dressing (thickened with almond flour), and a roast chicken leg and thigh. Seltzer.

Day 8 - Jan 9, 2017

Breakfast: hard-boiled egg, one slice bacon ice tea

Lunch: Roast Brussel sprouts, sweet potato, Klondike potatoes with garlic ginger shrimp and roast chicken

Dinner: Roast chicken leg and thigh, sautéed vegetables – onion, shallot, zucchini, ginger, garlic, red pepper, mushrooms

Snacks: nuts, plantains, green apple, orange, epic dried meats.

Jealous of the buttered popcorn a coworker had for a snack.

Day 9, Jan 10, 2017

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs, one slice bacon at home. Cold brew coffee and banana at work.

Lunch: Roast sweet potatoes, baby Klondikes, ginger/garlic shrimp, roast chicken.

Snack: Mixed nuts, 2 Turkish apricots, plantains, sesame seaweed.

Dinner: Sweet potato + Yukon gold potato latkes (2 eggs, shallot, green onion, almond flour, salt, pepper, cayenne = 8 latkes, of which I ate 5) and 2 poached eggs with on 1 slice bacon.

I need more greens. I meant to have a salad with dinner, but I got tired/lazy.

Day 10, Jan 11, 2017  

Tired & hungry on my way to work.  I was not in a good mood much of the day. Evening was better.      

Breakfast: 1 Hard-boiled egg & 3 remaining latkes at home. Still hungry when I got to work: banana, cold brew coffee with coconut milk, RX bar - blueberry.

Lunch: Pret-a -anger harvest salad: mixed greens, green apple, cooked beets, butternut squash, grilled chicken, walnuts (I removed the feta cheese which I don’t like anyway) with olive oil as dressing. Iced green tea.

Snack: mixed nuts, 2 Turkish apricots, plantain chips.

Dinner:  My husband made dinner since I had a meeting at church (it went well, improving my mood greatly) . Pan cooked pork chops, ghee, and garlic. Steamed red skin potatoes finished with broccoli florets in the pan used to cook the pork chops. Easy dinner. Seltzer.

Still hungry after dinner: mixed nuts, 2 Turkish apricots, plantain chips, blackberries and raspberries.

I LOVE Turkish apricots. They are delicious and have a great texture, but they are also quite sweet so I’m careful to never have more than 2 at a time.

Day 11, Jan 12, 2017  

Breakfast: 2 Hard-boiled eggs, 1 banana, cold brew coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch: Roast sweet potatoes, baby Klondikes, roasted chicken. Iced green tea.

Snacks: mixed nuts, 2 Turkish apricots, plantain chips, banana, clementine

Dinner: Salmon filet, roast sweat potato, green salad with red pepper, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, Tessamea’s creamy Caesar. Seltzer. 4 (I know) Turkish apricots.

Day 12, Jan 13, 2017   (Friday)

Breakfast: 2 Hard-boiled eggs, melon slices (honeydew and cantaloupe) pineapple, strawberry, ½ cup blackberries, cold brew coffee (black)

Snack: Nice premium nut mix (42grms), green apple, clementine

Lunch: Roast sweet potatoes, Salmon filet

I'm heading out of town in bit to visit the in-laws (they are great, keep a well stocked pantry and are not strangers to weight watchers, so they undersand) and will be back on Sunday. My husband and I are planning to cook dinner for everyone tomorrow night. I am bringing all of my emergency snacks (nuts, plantain chips, Turkish apricots, seaweed) and a provision of almond flour. 

Not to be a troll, is anyone giving you input on what your are eating / not eating? I am no expert but I have completed many cycles.

1st off where are your healthy fats??

2nd- I see alot of fruit (fruit is high in sugar & not to be used as a crutch) 

3- Veggies? I can see why you are so hungry 

I will wait to hear back, I am shocked a moderator has not jumped in to guide u. (well i can not see any comments from anyone)

Day 12 Continued....

Evening snack: Had some chicken, carrots, peppers, olives on the train (thanks hubby!)

Once we got to my in-laws I realized I might be in trouble. They did not do any shopping in anticipation of our arrival and the only veg they had in the fridge was 6 carrots and a few stalks of celery. They had a pot of chili on the stove; however my husband hates beans and they are not Whole 30 compliant so we were out of luck.  We were planning to cook dinner Saturday night so my husband and I went right back out to the grocery store to pick up essentials. I SHOULD have picked up a pre-made individual salad, but I hate doing that (and most had at least one non complaint topping) so I didn’t. This was a mistake. I did pick up some butternut squash, sweet potato, limes, a mango, 3 bananas, onion, garlic, raw nuts, 2 chickens (overkill… one would have been plenty…), steak, tea, seltzer, an individual package of almond butter.

Dinner: Steak. It was pretty late at this point (9pm) and I wasn’t terribly hungry, but I didn’t want to entirely skip a meal. Seltzer.

Got an email from the Whole 30 forum with a comment/reply to my thread in it. This did NOT help given the day and my circumstances. I decided to take the high road and ignore the troll. I also re-read the rules and meal template to be sure I was on track and guess what? I’m doing just fine. Some days are better/easier than others, but I’m certain I am eating better than I ever have. I attribute some of the hunger pangs I felt last week to where I am in my cycle (track that, you won’t regret it!!) and I’m proud of myself for not getting discouraged by unsolicited criticism.

Day 13, Jan 14, 2017  

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrabbled in olive oil (My MIL did not have ghee L), banana, mango slices, herbal tea.

Snack: Raw nuts, plantains, banana, herbal tea, sesame seaweed.

We were running a bunch of fun errands (Salvation Army, quilt shop, used book store) and I knew I wasn’t going to be getting lunch, but I encouraged my husband to enjoy whatever he wanted so he had some taco bell. I enjoyed the smell but wasn’t jealous. The snacks held me over.

Dinner: Roast chicken and roast sweat potato and squash, Seltzer. My husband made mashed potatoes (with cream) and canned corn as additional sides. He knew better than me how picky his family is. We roasted the chicken with limes, rosemary, onion and garlic, and seasoned it with salt, pepper, ginger and cinnamon. My mother in law said it was “very interesting” several times and had none of the sweet potato or squash…. She basically only ate white food. His Bubbe (who hates chicken because kosher chicken is SAD) ate it and was very complimentary.

We watched a movie (Closer) and went to bed, and I was kicking myself for not getting enough (or any green) vegetables in, but at least I wasn’t hungry.

Day 14, Jan 15, 2017

Breakfast: Left over roast chicken, sweet potato & butternut squash, banana, herbal tea.

Snack: Raw nuts, plantains, banana, herbal tea.

We left around 4pm to catch a train at 6:20 back to NY.

Dinner:  around 5:30pm at the train station; there was a Pret-a-Manger. Husband had taco bell again and I had the same salad I had on Wednesday; Harvest salad: mixed greens, green apple, beets, grilled chicken, walnuts (removed the ricotta cheese) and olive oil as dressing. Also had 2 hardboiled eggs and Iced green tea.

We got home at 10:30 pm and by the time we tried to order some food the place I knew I could get a compliant meal delivered was closed.  Thank god the weekend is over. My fridge is pretty empty so I’ll be heading back to Whole Paycheck (I mean Whole Food) again tomorrow. I’ll have to manage tomorrow with what I can scrounge in the city for lunch. I did manage to set up my home cold brew.

Day 15, Jan 16, 2017 Monday

Breakfast: 2 Hardboiled eggs, 1 banana, iced black coffee

Lunch: Hale & hearty salad: Spinach, green apple, butternut squash, hardboiled egg, cherry tomatoes, (one other ingredient that I’m forgetting) lemon juice and olive oil as dressing. Iced tea.

Snack: Raw almonds, 3 Turkish apricots, herbal tea.

Went to Whole Foods after work to re-stock the fridge. Got prosciutto (they were out of the sugar free bacon), mushrooms, zucchini, onion, sweet potato, Brussel sprouts, granny smith apples, bananas, plantain chips, curry cashews, a RX blueberry bar, a package of precut zoodles (zucchini and summer squash). Then I stopped at my local store and picked up more seaweed, seltzer, romaine, celery, carrots.

Dinner:  Roast pork with steamed vegetables (asparagus, snow peas, green beans, broccoli). Seltzer.

Day 16, Jan 17, 2017 Tuesday

Breakfast: 3 eggs over-easy, pan cooked with ghee, 1 banana & iced black coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch: Steamed vegetables (leftover from dinner) with added shrimp and carrots. Granny smith apple with almond butter.

Snack: Raw almonds, plantain chips, herbal tea.

Dinner: Sautéed (olive oil) garlic, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, tossed with shrimp and olives over steamed Zucchini and squash zoodles. Seltzer, plantain chips and 3 Turkish apricots.

Day 17, Jan 18, 2017 Wednesday

Breakfast: 2 egg pan fried in ghee, ½” sweet potato diced and browned with onion in coconut oil. Iced cold brew coffee with coconut milk. Banana at work.

Lunch: Hale & hearty salad:  Mixed Greens, cucumber, onion, grilled chicken, green apple, butternut squash, mushrooms, walnuts, cherry tomatoes, herb vinaigrette. Iced tea & a blood orange.

Snack: Raw almonds, seaweed, plantain chips, herbal tea.

I felt hungry towards the end of the work day (5pm), but no craving and no insatiable desire to munch. It felt like a good hunger... my body signalling that it was time to think about dinner. I was easily able to wait for dinner which I ended up eating around 8pm. 

Dinner: Steak seared in ghee & steamed broccoli pan finished in the steak fond with garlic.

Day 18, Jan 19, 2017 Thursday

Breakfast: 2 egg pan fried in ghee, ½” sweet potato diced and browned with onion in coconut oil. Banana. Iced black cold brew coffee.

Lunch: Hale & Hearty salad:  Mixed Greens, cucumber, onion, grilled chicken, green apple, butternut squash, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, herb vinaigrette. Seltzer.

Snack: seaweed, mixed nuts, plantain chips, 3 Turkish apricots, herbal tea.

Dinner: 2 Chicken Turkey sausage and sautéed vegetables: zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, onion (ghee)

Day 19, Jan 20, 2017 Friday

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs. Banana. Iced black cold brew coffee.

Lunch: grilled chicken, steamed sweet potato, green apple

Snack: seaweed, mixed nuts, plantain chips, 3 Turkish apricots, herbal tea.

Dinner: 2 Chicken Turkey sausage and roast Brussel sprouts (have not eaten yet.. this is the plan)

Tomorrow is the Women’s March. I’m heading to Washington DC on a bus that I have to catch at 5am. I won’t be home until 11:30pm, or later. I will have limited space on my person to carry anything… only small bags are allowed, no back packs. I’m going to consider this an emergency and will be bringing RX bars, jerky, nuts, seaweed etc.

So dinner on Friday was the sausage and sauteed sweet potato, onion and mushrooms.

Day 20, Jan 21, 2017 - Woman's March DC

I had stayed the night in Manhattan with friends so we could be on time for our 5 am bus.
My plan was to eat and drink very little to avoid having to use the port-a-potties if possible. The bus was very luxurious and the bathroom on it was fine.

Foods eaten while marching: raspberries, 3 RX bars, mixed nuts, plantain chips, 3 Turkish apricots, Epic pork jerky, bottled water.

Dinner: roast chicken and pickled autumn vegetables- all eaten at Founding Farmers. Such a good restaurant. We had a reservation which was brilliant.

Day 21, Jan 22, 2017 Sunday

Church: communion wafer and sip of wine, green tea at coffee hour. I had a head ache all morning, probably from lack of good foods the day before. 

Brunch: Smoothie: Almond milk, Coconut Milk, Banana. frozen mixed berries and mango, almond butter. This was soooooo good. I have resisted making smoothies becuase they are not really advised, but it was getting late in the day by the time I got home from church and I really needed to get food in fast. 

Snack: celery sticks with almond butter and chopped apricots. seltzer.

Dinner:  Salmon, sauteed zuchinni, summer squash, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and a few steamed baby potatoes (red skin and klondike). Seltzer.

Day 22, Jan 23, 2017 Monday

Lunch: Sautéed (ghee) vegetables: zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, mushrooms, onion. Pre-cooked shrimp, Seltzer. Curry cashews and seaweed. 

Snack: Curry Cashews, Epic bacon, Orange, herbal tea.

Dinner: Sautéed (olive oil and ghee) Shrimp & vegetables: zucchini, yellow squash, carrots. Just trying to use up vegetables.  Seltzer. Curry cashews and seaweed.

Day 23, Jan 24, 2017 Tuesday

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs (ghee). 1 slice fried prosciutto, sweet potato home fries (ghee). Iced black cold brew coffee.

Lunch: Sautéed (olive oil and ghee) Shrimp & vegetables: zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, (that’s enough of that, thank you very much!) Seltzer. 

Snack: Curry Cashews, Epic bacon, Orange, Green Apple & carrots with Almond butter.

Dinner: one baby dill pickle, roasted pork & steamed vegetables.

I think my stomach looks flatter (less bloating) and face is "thinner"... I think it may have been puffy on my SAD diet.

Day 24, Jan 25, 2017 Wednesday

Breakfast: Smoothie: banana, ¼ cup mixed berries, almond butter, almond milk, coconut milk, and ice. 2 hard-boiled eggs. Iced black cold brew coffee.

Lunch: Hale & Hearty salad:  Mixed Greens, cucumber, onion, grilled chicken, green apple, butternut squash, mushrooms, walnuts, herb vinaigrette. Ice tea.

Went to a local rally in support of immigration, muslins, and against the wall. As a result, I got home kinda late so I had to through dinner together without much planning. Luckily I've had those precooked shrimp stockpiled for just such occasions. 

Dinner: Salad: Shrimp, mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes, sliced almonds, olives, mango, Tessamea’s creamy Caesar, Seltzer. Curry cashews and seaweed.

Day 25, Jan 26, 2017 Thursday

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs (ghee). 3 slice fried prosciutto, sweet potato home fries (ghee). DD large Iced black cold coffee.

Lunch: Hale & Hearty salad:  Mixed Greens, cucumber, onion, grilled chicken, green apple, butternut squash, mushrooms, walnuts, herb vinaigrette. Ice tea.

Dinner: 4 egg omelet w/ mushrooms, onions, and chopped shrimp. Some mixed nuts, sliced mango, & carrots with almond butter.

Day 26, Jan 27, 2017 Friday

Breakfast: Smoothie: Almond milk, Coconut Milk, frozen Banana & mango, almond butter. Since I had a LOT of eggs yesterday I couldn’t stomach the thought of cooking them this morning. This was only the second smoothie I’ve had in the month so even though it’s advised to eat protein first I’m giving myself a break. I’ll make an effort to pile on the veg for the rest of the day. I’m so glad that it’s Friday because I haven’t had much time during the week to make dinners that make great lunches. Salads are not really a favorite lunch. I prefer them at dinner.

Snack: Curry Cashews, Epic bacon, herbal tea.

Dinner: Baked salmon, roast Brussel sprouts with garlic.

Day 27, Jan 28, 2017 Saturday

Brunch: Omelet (ghee): 4 eggs, sautéed mushrooms, onions and shrimp, sweet potato hash fried in ghee.

Lunch / Snack: Smoothie: Almond milk, Coconut Milk, frozen Banana & mango, almond butter.

Dinner: Pork sausage bangers and sweet potato mash with caramelized onions from the Whole30 cook book. Seltzer.

I was feeling sick over the weekend… chest cold and congestion due to the weather. So, I slept in each day and took it easy.
I did make chicken stock from two carcasses I had stashed int he freezer from earlier in the month. I plan to make soups next week.

Day 28, Jan 29, 2017 Sunday

Brunch: Omelet (ghee): 3 eggs, sautéed mushrooms, onions and broccoli, sweet potato hash fried in ghee. 2 slices of prosciutto fried in the pan the eggs were cooked in. Iced cold brew with coconut milk.

Dinner: Crispy oven baked chicken & roasted spaghetti squash.

Day 29, Jan 30, 2017 Monday

Stayed home from work. Ate breakfast late… what was intended to be my work lunch.

Breakfast: Left over Pork sausage bangers and sweet potato mash with caramelized onions from the Whole30 cook book. Seltzer.

Snack: seaweed, one pickle.

Dinner: Pork Chops, pan seared in ghee, with savory apples sauce (Whole30 cook book) along with steamed broccoli and green beans.

Day 30 Jan 31, 2017 Tuesday

Lunch: Left over crispy oven baked chicken, roasted spaghetti squash, apple sauce. (SOOOOOooo good as left overs!)

Snack: herbal tea. Seaweed, mixed nuts.

Dinner: Roasted pork & steamed vegetables. Seltzer with a splash of cider

Day 31, Feb 1, 2017 Wednesday – Reintroduction Day 1

I weighed myself as soon as I got up in the morning: 215lbs. That is an 8.5lb weight loss in 30 days! I didn’t exercise all month (the weather and my persistent cough where the reasons I put it on hold for a bit) so I’m very pleased with the rate of weight loss and consider it a big success. I know it will make my doctor happy when I see her in June if I keep this up the improved healthy eating until then. For now, I’m looking forward to a celebratory glass of wine tonight and relaxing the no-soy rule in a few days.

Breakfast: Omelet (ghee): 3 eggs, sautéed mushrooms, 2 slices of prosciutto fried in the pan the eggs were cooked in. Smoothie: Almond milk, Coconut Milk, frozen Banana & mango, almond butter. Iced cold brew.

Lunch: Hale & Hearty salad:  Mixed Greens, cucumber, onion, grilled chicken, hard-boiled egg, sweet potato squash, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, sliced almonds, walnuts, herb vinaigrette.

Dinner: Crispy oven baked chicken (2 thighs, two legs) & roasted spaghetti squash. I also roasted a butternut squash to puree for soup tomorrow. I then toasted all the squash seeds for a snack/salad topping. 1 glass seltzer & 2 glasses of Malbec (delicious, nice buzz… no hangover or adverse feelings the next day!!)

Archived